My mom needs a new laptop. All she does is basic Microsoft office type stuff because she is a teacher

My mom needs a new laptop. All she does is basic Microsoft office type stuff because she is a teacher.

Do I dare get her the a thinkpad?

I'm looking at an i5 with 4gb of ram (I will add 4gb more) and 128gb ssd for $250.

What would Sup Forums recommend?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/IBM-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T420-Laptop-i5-2520M-Vpro-2-5Gz-6GB-WebCam-/371696070098
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Get that bitch a ThinkPad. Bitches love ThinkPads.

Mom's gonna freak

I don't see any reason not to get her a thinkpad, given she actually really needs a laptop. Doesn't her school district provide her a desktop? Doesn't she have a smartphone?

T420

if it is your pic, That should be great as far as performance.
I might recommend a second charging cord so she doesn't have to lug that around between school and home. Maybe a third, for the living room. That's what I would do, anyway.

She would probably demand a mouse as well.

Give the greatest thinkpad that ever existed

ebay.com/itm/IBM-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T420-Laptop-i5-2520M-Vpro-2-5Gz-6GB-WebCam-/371696070098

get her a chuwi vi10 with keyboard or some shit

Yeah it is the T420. That is a good idea. I never thought about not having to lug around a power cord.

Can confirm that the dankpad is best pad.

get her something light and thin you dickhead. Your mom would not want 8 pounds of heavy thinkpad holy shit, get her a mac or a chromebook with a linux distro on it you flaming faggot

there are those asus vivobooks that look nice

there are one that goes for 400 that has a fhd and the battery lasts like 14 hrs. thinking of getting it myself.

for office stuff/internet seems nice although the cpu is garbage. it is like 2lb so it's relatively light

This. Don't push your own tastes (or Sup Forums's) on your poor mother. There's a reason no one except Sup Forumstards use thinkpads. They're heavy as fuck and honestly pretty ugly. We just like them here because they have good linux comparability and are tough as shit.

if dubs buy her a macbook pro with retina display instead

Thinness is a meme, but I guess weight would be an issue. There are lighter thinkpads. At 5 lbs, the T420 may be a bit much, but 4 lbs for an x220 doesn't impede me at all.
I guess it's something else for OP to consider.

thinness is not a meme if she uses it as a teacher. The kids can't respect a bulky ass laptop so in chain they disrespect the teacher, Get her a good toshiba(using one) or a thin ultrabook with an atom or an i3

>letting kids disrespect you over something so trivial

Grow a spine.

Kids disrespect you for the most little things
>School
>teacher walks in
>says something about how steve jobs was the best thing to computers
>some autismo freetard fires back and doesn't listen to class for the next months or so
>teacher's problem how he doesn't progress.
Just get her a new thin thinkpad or a cheap ultrabook if it matters that little to you

>raise your voice against a student
>soccer mom fucks your entire career up with a single complaint

this, just get her something light and modern ya dingus. Anything under 5 pounds and rocks an i5 or less qualifies. Pcpartpicker has a portable search engine too if you need it

Give her something fanless, since she doesn't need all that firepower.

you guys should write manga.
no one is as autistic as Sup Forums users about tech aesthetics.

dubs says macbook pro

Why don't you get her a cheap netbook or ultrabook? She doesn't need a thinkpad, she won't appreciate a thinkpad, she won't be doing anything in it that could possibly harm a normal computer modern computer.

I hesitate recommending old computers to normies because they will notice they're old, and it just increases their rarity for people who actually might appreciate them. Besides if she's not gonna do more than the usual web-browsing, movie-watching, word processing type of tasks in it, power is not really as much of an issue as compatibility is, so any normal 11-13 inch computer with botnet 10 installed will be better for her than a thinkpad with loonix installed in it.

Librebooted x200 with gentoo and libreoffice. Do you want your mother to be bill gate's and the NSA niggers' cockslave?