Are there users on g who don't ever write any code?

Are there users on \g\ who don't ever write any code?

strawpoll.me/10995518

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10995518
hongkiat.com/blog/sites-to-learn-coding-online/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll write it when I get back

Gonna be honest
I made 1 program in a C++ class and realized it was pointless to try 2 learn in college.

Everyone In that class had been coding since middle School.

Became a ayrospace welder instead

50% of voters are liars

Never, but I wanna learn, and lurking here is not a terrible way to do so. As a complement at any rate.

of you dont finish at least one programming project every week, you don't belong on Sup Forums

>Working only on projects that are attainable in a week.

>being a code monkey

I never coded anything in my entire life. I only check this board for tech memes and to ask questions.

This poll is a big fat lie.

You need to go out get drunk & laid.
I feel sorry for deluded cunts like you

guess

I "code" for a fortune 100 company.

I feel sorry for normies who think they belong on my board
go away

How about a "frequently" instead of "All the time"?

I'm a fucking devops guy at a big industrial company with a engineer's degree, my life is basically getting paid to contribute to and maintain OSS stacks.

'course I program.

I don't code at all, closest thing I've come to is editing stuff in notepad++ and using terminal on my laptop.

i was never good at solving logical problems

therefore i'll never be good at programming

>I was never good therefore I'll never be good
Not with that attitude you won't

>every week
you have never done a programming project in your life

Would have been much better I agree

>he fell for the devops meme

wew

Yes. I lnow some html. Bout to start Python cause i hear its fun and i reallydont wanna do this.

After python c or c++ and sql i guess?

Im not that bright and have a job. But there are times i have bursts of 30minutes - to hours of downtime. Tired of studying personal finance and watching same 40 movies. Figure i can code and start prokect or get part time job indoors.

What's timeframe for a C or B student to learn Python? Any recomended books?

>Literally get paid to make back end from PHP
>Employer expects me to use some weird proprietary architecture that must be followed to a T.
>Using SVN instead of GIT
>Working on it for two years now
>As soon as we're ready to ship, boss realizes a new feature needs to be implemented
>Months of code hardening done in vain
>Cycle repeats
I'm fairly certain that I work for Satan Sup Forums, wut do?

>if you are not unemployed like me you don't belong on Sup Forums

I started learning in first year of college so I guess I was a bit late and still made a career out of it but it shouldn't have been that much of an obstacle if you actually enjoyed it. If you prefer welding and it pays the bills, then great for you.

i can do a hello world in python and that's it.

i'm just here for the phone and headphones threads.

I am working on android trojan rat, but running into some bugs. Been putting it off since I've been addicted to pokemon go.

>need to get drunk
t. abused child

Thats the problem with Wordpress. It doesn't have a functioning MVC and adding it now would break all plugins and themes.

Do you have a reasonable response or is everything a meme to you?

t. autismo

t. johnny the douchebag

>52%
>only 5% at best posted the result after rolling the noob programming challenge list.
Stop lying Sup Forums. hiromoot should put a codecha to purge Sup Forums

Tbh i wanna know how to program and I try to study it every now and again but I just cant do it with my mental mindset of it.

I'm extremely closed minded so its hard to understand the larger spectrum of intergrating formulas into your coding.
Also I mean larger spectrum vaugely, like it can be anything.

>strawpoll.me/10995518
Wow, that must mean 100% of Sup Forums codes.

If you meet my irrelevant arbitrary programming milestones than you don't belong on Sup Forums.

For python you don't really need a book. Just find a problem you need a solution to and work it out. I'd recommend komodo (21 day trial with different emails) for a python IDE, the syntax checking is descriptive.

good for you, that's gotta be a cool job

this

I'm trying to learn on the side of working in retail management and raising 2 kids. Only 27 and would love to go back to school but can't afford to take the time off at the moment so I'm doing all I can on my own. Most comfortable with python and JS atm but have gone through the head first book on Java and have a good feel for it. Just hard to get the motivation to actually keep doing shit when I'd rather just come on here and read the bad memes and occasionally learn something.

How do I into motivation Sup Forums ?

i'm very, very impatient with both logical problems and programming

i thoroughly detest both

Perfect illustration of why we need /prog/ back

upon submitting my vote
>{"success":"success","returnUrl":"/10995518/r"}

You need to rewrite everything just for the sake of a new feature?

Yeah it stresses me out. I'm working on learning assembly, but apart from that I'm just interested in the conceptual stuff. Practically applying information has always been difficult for me.

Pretty much, as this feature was more of key mechanic of the program that was magically forgotten about until now. I can't go into to much detail because of corporate, but I'm essentially adding the ability to actively modify a generated object (object as in user created for the user's project, not an object used by the program itself) after its been created. The sql queries are hell The ajax implementation on all prior functioning features us hell. On top of that, this mess had no notation when it was handed to me. Don't get discouraged though. Programming is typically much easier than this, and even with the amount of bs I put up with, it's still fun and rewarding. I just happen to work for Satan.

I used to but seldom do anymore. now I just write some small scripts and shit to solve immediate problems.

once upon a time it was fun and interesting. then I went to university for CS and now it's no longer any fun.

Same here family. Went into CS with only background being Minecraft mods in Java. Besides the normies that quit early on, everybody in the class has been doing this for years, and basically know as much as the professor. Only a few of us have to be taught. I felt out of place and switched majors to Accounting. Got a comfy job at a credit union making $50K/year working 4 days a week, and code in my spare time. I'm currently just making a bunch of GUIs in Python for terminal commands I run often because I'm more of a visual person than text based. My biggest to do project is a GUI editor for JWM, and then i3.

Also, PHP is bloated as fuck.

if you don't rewrite a programming language in lisp at least once a week you don't belong on Sup Forums

If you have more than two buttons on your keyboard you don't belong on Sup Forums

I keep trying to learn Python, but with Uni, work, and my hobbies, it is hard to find the time. I learned SQL for work, and have enjoyed writing it and automating quite a bit of my workload, but I doubt SQL is taken very seriously around here (especially since it is so easy to learn).

Is codecha even still around?

I've been working on learning Java for Android app development as a hobbie

SQL is taken seriously in the real world where pretty much every piece of software uses it in some way.

Yes using an ORM is still using SQL. You're just having the ORM hide it.

i don't code
i just automate tasks with scripts

You are right user, the ability to pick up new intellectual pursuits and become good at something is akin to a wheelchair-bound man sprouting fucking legs. How silly of us t imagine otherwise. I agree that "not with that attitude" is a retarded phrase, but a fundamental level it is correct . The only thing this that's crippled if your wille zur macht. Go get existential angst.

Hi there user, psychfag here. Got into programming after my bachelors in behavioural econ. Motivation is tricky as "demotivation" per-se is not one thing, but a plethora of different affects / attitudes / behaviours labelled as one thing (like cancer, there are many types of cancer, and each treatment is a bit different). So I can't give you any straight pointers without a preliminary examination (which isn't happening over 4chins). What I can do is recommend a book on motivation that is the least self-help-y and is based on actual research (a 3rd of the book is fucking citations), it's an accessible read, pic related.

Are there people on Sup Forums who aren't pajeet code monkeys? Yes.

It you don't have an exclusive shitposting keyboard with only the "aegilnost" keys, you don't belong on Sup Forums

> users on \g\
> \g\
wat

do you have it in audiobook?

As far as I know, it is available in audiobook format, but I can't help you out. I bought it in dead tree format as I needed it for my thesis so I couldn't be arsed to scavenge it from the interbutts.

>\g\
Spotted the wincuckold

Sup Forums fanboys, aka 80% of Sup Forums

soviet russia is backwards like that

I'm a normie. Left university because I didn't have the mindset for coding or just studying

I'm inbetween all the time and rarely

>closing a php tag just to open it again
Fuck I hate people who do this.

Congrats you have two years of transferrable experience

Get the fuck out there bro

I can make hello world on 3 languages. Does that count?

Funny I left university because I had no coding. I was going for Computer Engineering. But I guess Croatia is to far behind in any kind of Computer anything.

They were teaching us C and shit from 10 years ago.

I asked if we're ever going to do anything real with out code. The said no. So I fucking left.

Got a job 2 years later with Java.

no no
you need to start a new project every week. nobody cares about finishing them.

I know HTML, CSS, JS and PHP.

So no.

Is going to school one of the better ways to learn? If so, can someone recommend one? I'm torn between programming and 3d art.

Try alternative methods first, learning resources are very available in today's world.

Heres a lazy lookup: hongkiat.com/blog/sites-to-learn-coding-online/

oh look at that... we have 17% geforce enthusiasts.

I know C# and Java but I haven't written anything in years.

i know HTML

networking bros ww@?

>\g\

Same here.

No motivation.

Sounds like a soul crushingly boring job. How's accounting? I have no clue what to do in life.