RMBP vs XPS15

Today we decide which is the best laptop on the market.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundling_of_Microsoft_Windows#The_.22Windows_tax.22
twitter.com/AnonBabble

x220, that was easy.

>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>ultra shit tier zero travel chiclet keyboard
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats at the slightest task because abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz because of chronic overheating problems
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use anywhere outside or with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air is even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade from overheating

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Who are you quoting, newfriend? Did you just save the pasta yesterday?

lmao its not even the best laptop in its class

rMBP

>Better screen
>Better trackpad
>Better OS (subjective but not really)
>Better build quality
>Faster storage
>Better support

Welp

Not really worth buying either until the new rMBP comes out to compare.

I like my Alienware.
Only issue is I had to entirety gut it and remove mobo to get to cmos battery when I accidentally overclocked RAM and could not post

you're one to talk about memes, mr. copy pasta

But I am not talking about video games nor do I care much for video games.

XPS 15

>better screen size ratio
>more performance
>easily upgradeable and self maintainable with good manual on how to do change any hardware built in
>not glued together like cheap trash
>Better connectivity
>Lower price on FHD model
>Dell support might be worse but is still adequate so no real issue. They send you new laptops if anything is wrong with your one or a technician to solve issues in 24 hrs (at least in Germany)

>better screen size ratio

?

Just got i5 6200 8ddr4 940m Acer for 400 euro. Feels good....

umh, i dont see any argumentation

X1 Carbon 2016

>buy mac
>pay apple hardware tax

>buy dell
>pay microsoft software tax

I want to use Linux, why should I pay for proprietary shitty software I won't use?

cuz they won the oem battle

>pay microsoft software tax
>Kek

both suck ass compared to Thinkpads that cost 5 times less

>no numeric keyboard
dropped

You can sue for getting Freedos instead of forcedly paying for windows. There are lots of samples and the customers always won the cases.

XPS 15 beats mbpr hardware-wise currently. 4K screen, NON THROTTLING cpu paired with a competent GPU, lighter, thinner bezels, more accurate colors and wider color space, good keyboard spacing and great touchpad. Macbook easily throttles to 800mhz in load while XPS 15 maintains at least 2.7ghz in hottest situations. If the unit thermal pads are not defective, max CPU temp you can see with XPS 15 is around 75-80C while Macbook hits 99C as soon as you load the CPU. Also macbook doesn't have thunderbolt 3 yet and uses DDR3. XPS has much better linux support. Windows has wider array of enterprise software (inb4 faggots complaining about botnet) than OS X.

RMBP
>even applel themselves has admitted it's utter shit now and has trashed the design to go back to copying 90's era laptops with solid non-click touchpads
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>retina meme supposedly for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating makes it impossible to use anywhere outside or with overhead lighting
XPS shits all over it in build quality, performance, price, display, OS, expandability, design and peripherals.

.10 has been added to your Dell sponsored anti-Apple online strike squad account

Out of the way

I am but most of those implications are wrong. Some faggot who has never used macbook wrote it and created the pasta, other non-macbook users keep spamming it in every thread. Most are completely wrong, some of the rest are semi-true. Pff.

having a cock this far up your butt
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundling_of_Microsoft_Windows#The_.22Windows_tax.22

When I was looking at laptops around 2014 I think I got my rMBP because it was refurbished from Apple and therefore cheaper than any of the XPS's that I could buy not off ebay/craigslist. I think that there was a sale for the smaller model that made it competitive but at that point having an Unix-like OS still made it a better option IMO. Could have done the XPS but then I would end up distrohopping all day and the battery life would suck huge dickies unless I spent a shit load of time doing what Apple or Microsoft did already.

Pretty happy with my MBP, but I would prolly be plenty happy with an XPS. I think there was one other model that I was looking at that did what I wanted too, but it wasn't as competitive as these two price-wise.

I always thought Apple was way overpriced until I looked at "ultrabooks" and realized that there are Windoze machines that are much worse value. Plus OS X mang... prolly my favorite OS. If they just added a proper repository for all the things people actually use (like macports or homebrew but actually built in) then it would hands-down be the best OS on the market.

Not here.
This thread is between two competing laptops.
Apple can't compete with the X1.

Screen size to device size. The 15" XPS fits in 14" cases.

>not the MX
You fucked up son

So I guess this means that the xps wins?

Except the XPS has terrible, terrible Linux support to the point where dual booting is impossible

XPS15 is looking tempting, not gonna lie. No way I'm paying that much for it though, gonna wait till I can get it 2nd hand.

Razer Blade Stealth

>nostril cam

>mac

Are any laptops as utter fucking shit as memebooks?

>16:10 vs 16:9

Why is this even a question?

This.

16:10 is a fucking joke. Black bar shit in multimedia, and trash compared to 3:2 for productivity. Literally worst of both worlds.