Other urls found in this thread:

stackoverflow.com/questions/4726155/whats-the-use-for-stdafx-h-in-visual-studio
code.visualstudio.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Telemetry module in compiler

Signing into a fucking IDE.

>le microsoft is botnet meme

Optional

What's the issue? It just syncs your settings across your devices.

> Optional
Exactly.

Litterally not optional.

Couldnt even find one flaw.
You win today, OP.

oh wait.... I think i see something.... Whats that? ohhh it needs your account? Huh, dmitry?

its not libre.

Embeds botnet into your binaries.

Sign in button.

Yes it is. Doesn't cost anything.

/thread

Bloated interface

I can't find an alternative with as many features.

That telemetry module didn't even do anything, it could potentially do something, but it doesn't. It was removed altogether in VS update 3.

I started it up after like a month of not using it and was straight up given two buttons, "Sign In" and "Close Visual Studio Community 2015". Maybe i missed the secret "Let me carry on with my shit" button but i didn't see one.

Something happened

This is why I refuse to use anything Microsoft.

Proven to be overreaction of some retard.

source? i didn't hear about that

>volatile int x = 0

It's so that the compiler doesn't optimize it.

Don't know why is that, i work on a microsoft partner and this never happened to me, always worked without sign in.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with ASP.NET

> include "stdafx.h"
> include

For what purpose?

Maybe you're using botnet libs.

It's basic optional logging functionality added for debugging.

Visual Studio + ReSharper is the best experience you can have developing something.

> Debugging symbols in production binary
Seems logical

Also
> Leaking execution flow
I don't see how could this backfire in a closed source project

MSVCPP automatically includes it, here's more info
stackoverflow.com/questions/4726155/whats-the-use-for-stdafx-h-in-visual-studio

>not just setting up a dotfile repo for your vimrc, thus allowing people to borrow your ideas while simultaneously having your shit backed up

But, user, that's not safe! What about intellectual property? :^) We trust microsoft to take care of our configurations.

>windows
>dark theme underage autism confirmed
>also

method() {

}

not

method()
{

}

Faggot

Literally never used VS and is talking shit.

>1366x768

>putting the opening brace on a new line
homosex confirmed

if (faggot){
//this is how you format your code
}

if(winning)
{
//good job, user!
}

Pirated sublime with distraction free mode in sunburst theme is the only way

Just look at how clean it is

Something happened

Nobody uses that style when coding in C# retard.

>pirating editors when there's far better free alternatives around

Bloat/5 + seconds to open an IDE.

>4 - 6GB of shit you will never use.

In VS, you can pop out the main window which will then float. you can then have your minimal text editor.

That's because C# "devs" are fucking children.

Show me you open source fag, where are those great alternatives? And do they have a minimap of your code?

The top or the bottom... which are you referring to?

>i don't use these features, this must mean no one does!

I got a feeling you're some teenage neet who has never worked in the real world nor will you ever.

Good luck. you'll eventually be one of those lonely 40+ year old 'geeks' who have poor taste and live a delusional life pretending he's still 'got it' and is superior because he uses shit that no one else does.

>he needs a minimap for code
Maybe you should try writing code in a level editor

I'll just take my six figures and go home then :^)

No alternative then. Thought so.

But there's still 10gb of bloat and botnet behind it.

Pick one:
-vs code (still in dev but it can kick some serious butt)
-vim
-emacs

All these are free and beat sublime's ass.

20 GB install

Actually all of those are inferior to ST. Not even the guy you were responding to btw

>Experimental version of compiler for C++ only

I was also forced to sign in to continue using their """free""" community edition.
Oh and their account recovery system does not work inside Visual Studio, so I had to log in to my Microsoft account inside fucking Internet Explorer.

Also,
>change one line of source code
>the whole IDE locks up for the next 15 seconds

I have VS 10 through 14 installed, they take about 5gigs together

> code.visualstudio.com/
Yeah looks like shit desu.

Vim and emacs is for people willing to learn all the controls of it, I have a mouse at my desktop so I don't care for that. Sublime works great, just pirate it.

>locks up for the next 15 seconds
Your computer must be shit

Bait

Name one thing that isn't ""minimap"" that Sublime has that those 3 don't

C#

>I use this one fringe feature, it should be installed on everyone's computer

Nah brah it's AMD.

nah

Unlike you NEET of course.

The top.

It's not a meme

>sublime is not a meme
Is this some sort of meta trolling?

>Leaking execution flow
What are you on about. how do you "leak" execution flow...

atom?

starts really fast
configurable in python
non-retard community

There are many features that are usable. Feel free to select and choose what you want to install.

Also, don't put forth an argument based on resources. Unless you're an poorfag, RAM and storage is cheap.

Stallman doesnt approve.

C# dev. here. As much as you like it or not, your (well probably not your but people you know, who go out and drive cars)... well, their lives indirectly depend on me.

I work for a huge ass traffic sign company, that does everything, from full stack tunnel systems (embedded hardware + control room software) to high way signs, traffic lights etc.

Guess what? 90% of our stack is .net, from control room applications that are either MVC .net applications or WPF desktop applications hooked onto a .net WebAPI to embedded controllers running the .net micro framework.

I spend most of my time writing tests for the little code we run, but we do have to cover every possible scenario because well... you don't want shit to go wrong while people drive 130+ km/h (we even have some stuff on the german autobahns that still have sections without speed restrictions).

All in all, VS provides us with an enterprise grade stack that is robust and can be used for mission critical applications without fear of shit hitting the fan because reasons (Java JVM, I'm looking at you).

It also gives me $90k a year after taxes. And that my friends, is in Europe (and I ain't even from Switzerland, German, Norway nor Sweden). So yeah, thanks based VS, I like you... but that dark theme give me eye cancer, please switch to blue, thanks.

Atom is a mess, when I started searching for a good editor, I tried Atom first. Takes up half a GB of Ram like it's nothing, really slow on larger files and completely crashes on big files. Also a specific problem was that the indentation was fucked up, so if you had to do a second line for function parameters for example, it would start off the line after you are done with parameters at that indentation too, even if you for example copy pasted something while the cursor was at the beginning of the line. I tried it but compared to sublime it's shit. It works so well right out the box, I spent maybe 15min in total changing a few settings.

That's just classic node.js bullshit. I use dex, I was just trying to think of a normie editor.

Agreed, blue theme ftw

Text on white background? Yeah I too love staring into the sun all day.

That's only if you generate with a main ya goof

I just like the blue theme because I'm used to it from VS 2010. Everything looks so unfamiliar with the modern themes so I just stick to good old blue. I was quite happy when I found the option in the settings.

Literally every editor has a minimap even np++

Turn your gaming VIVID mode off, tone down the brightness to normal levels and you'll notice how much nicer it is for long term usage.

Also to OP, the only thing that triggered me in VS2012 that got changed is the top menus were ALL CAPS. Whoever the pajeet was that change it from ALL CAPS to normal case letters, cheers mate!

I feel that's an industry tactics

Make some big design change, but then make one particular unessential yet in-your-face part of it especially annoying. Most people will complain about that one thing and get used to the renovated design in the meanwhile. Then after a few months, get rid of that minor annoying thing and everyone becomes happy with their minds properly reprogrammed to use the new interface.

I was pretty happy making the jump from 2010 to 2012. It felt like the time I went from Eclipse to VS. It was an upgrade all around.

Dark just like my soul...

...and my code.

I like the all caps menu, makes locating each item easier. Luckily there's an option to enable them back in VS2015.

It's not GNU Emacs.
/thread

It's bloated as fuck. You can do the same things with a text editor and gcc.

Does anyone know if GCC works with the Linux embedded on W10?

I don't know but you can use MinGW for compiling to exe files.

>features are bloat
Ye sure thing m8

why don't they enable it be default? This is a feature that is NEEDED to write programs

You could make a 1 TB application and say it's not bloat because it has a lot of features. So yes, having that many features is bloat.