Are these worth $300 new? Is there anything better for around the same price?

Are these worth $300 new? Is there anything better for around the same price?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ImgN3e5cefY
youtube.com/watch?v=qOySstGCMRg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tweeter looks like a tight butthole

when you turn up the volume some hands come out and goatse that shit for maximum thrust

Why do you not make your own? For 1/4 of price and 10x better quality.

Because he is noob that buy pre-build computers.

time is money

Samefag

It takes about 20minutes to build your own.
And you can save from 300 to 10000dollars.
I do not think op makes that much per hour.

the goatse butthole right, can't unsee

Best active for the price.

ELAC B5/B6 are the new meme passive speakers assuming you don't mind buying an amp

you still need to buy a preamp to monitor the volume on actives kek. might as well just go passive.

LSR305s have a switch to run at consumer instead of pro sensitivity, works fine off the RCA ports on my DAC.

On the other hand if you're running them off a TV a lot of them nowadays can't adjust the analog volume output so passives to an AVR is a better idea plus future expansion potential

I own a pair of these. They're probably the very best you can do for under $400, but they've got their quirks.

Ask me what you want OP

Is there a guide for this somewhere? I don't want to accidentally buy some crap drivers.

>20 minutes
no

do you make this thread every 2 days

What are the quirks?

The biggest is that because they're active speakers, there's a SLIGHT hissing sound coming off of them. You can't hear it at all under the music, but if that bothers you in the really silent parts of songs, you might want to look elsewhere.

But as for sound: My god they sound good. The highs are so crisp and clear, they play the bass like it's their job, it's all around an incredibly analytic system. Easily some of the best I've ever heard.

I have these and they're wonderful

youtube.com/watch?v=ImgN3e5cefY

youtube.com/watch?v=qOySstGCMRg

>17 minutes of a man memeing about them

They are actually that good.

anyone else but you is going to watch a man meme for 17 minutes

>mfw i have jbl lsr305s for my desktop and elac b5s for my living room

:)

JBL305s owner here and I also have the hiss. Though I usually can't hear it until I put my ears close to it.

Best speakers I've ever owned. Period. I'm not trying to shill, they've got a pretty good hiss because the shit tier dac in them, but it's negligible

I'm pretty sure they don't have a dac.

They have an onboard DAC. I thought. Well, it's the shitty amp then that makes them hiss. God I will never understand how they made such incredible speakers and threw in that fucking thing. It's mindblowing

>people fall for JBL
jesus lads

Tell me what's wrong with the 305's

JBL is good, but people here are praising linear monitors while thinking they have great speakers for listening to music and other computer audio

>linear = bad
hurr

if you do not actually need linear speakers, they are a bad choice compared to non-linear speakers

fuck off, you imbecile
go back to bangladesh

do they have a switch to turn off the background amplifier hiss and the shoebox-like sound?

didn't think so

Pajeet, pls.

I knew it reminded me of something...

Guitar center has used ones

>20minutes
Can not confirm.