Hey Sup Forums, let's discuss Apple iPhone OS

Hey Sup Forums, let's discuss Apple iPhone OS...

Does Apple beat Android OS in your opinion? Also, is this claim true or false, can iPhones really get viruses or malware, or is this claim made up to actually trick people in getting a iPhone rather than Android?

Pic related, my former Android, pretty much added insult to injury to Apple's iPhone.

By Android be specific. The phone you have looks pretty old and sentimental, Androids can get viruses and malware, but there is antivirus software available for android operating systems.

iPhones are pretty unsecured with little security, can they get viruses and malware? I'd say so, but what gets people to buy a iPhone is usually the high quality processor information from the phone despite apple's strict rules, it's like living in a country where Sharia's law is enforced and you'll be seriously punished if you break apple's rules.

I technically would said that it depends on what is appropriate for your needs personally, if you need better accessibility, you can get a iPhone, but it's costly, also provides access to two different wallpapers, one for lock screen, and you can set a different for home, rather than having to be fixed to one.

Androids don't require a lot of software to install to put things on the phone, it's like treated like a USB, add folders, name them, and add the files.

Easy to do, but overall, Android phone can heat up quickly depending on data usage and how active it's been, mine heats up often, but I don't know if iPhone OS does often though.

Possibly Apple seems to kick ass against Android, despite their strict rules.

Nice Android you got.

this comment gave me cancer.

Ok, so I'm a mobile OS security researcher. I've been working with iOS and Android for years.

>Does Apple beat Android OS in your opinion?
No. Android is much better. Both Android and iOS have their strengths and weaknesses but I value freedom over anything else. I'm typing this from my Nexus 5 that won't see another update from Google. I have an unlocked bootloader and I'm running a custom ROM so I'll still get the latest version of Android anyway. An iPhone 4s won't get iOS 10 and there's no unofficial way to update. I have root access. If I need to restore I won't lose it either. I can customize my device in almost any way with launchers, xposed, and some really neat stuff from chainfire.

>can iPhones really get viruses or malware
Yes, and there has been malware for them in the wild. Apple has tried very hard to cover it up. Mac OS X and iOS can get viruses. The claim that iPhones are not just as vulnerable as anything else is ridiculous. I'm not sure if that rumor was spread as a marketing tactic or out of ignorance but normies seem to believe it.

Overall iOS is shit unless you jailbreak. If Apple released a developer version of the iPhone with an open iBoot, no KPP, and an easy to jailbreak iOS I'd ditch Android. Unfortunately all they sell is locked down shit which has an OS not taking full advantage of the pretty capable hardware. Android is like a fat girl that tries hard to please you and be your friend while Apple is beautiful but useless and only wants your money.

Most accurate analogy comparing the two.

Do you want unadulterated bloaty spyware of personally curated bloaty spyware?

>I have an unlocked bootloader and I'm running a custom ROM

Hahahahaha. Some security researcher you are pleb.

Opinion ignored.

Well done! The best bait I have seen in weeks

From an OS standpoint, Android is the better of the two.

That being said, Android is loaded onto some of the worst hardware that I have had the misfortune of using. Every Android device I've seen lately is either a half assed attempt at an iPhone copy or feels cheaply built. Also, a lot of OEMs are falling for the "add more cores/RAM" meme. So, the iPhone is my top choice because I know that Apple won't tolerate hardware fuckups while LG/HTC/Motorola will just tell me "top kek nice job kys" and hang up on me.

What phone OP?

It's like comparing BMW 3 series to its competitors. Each has something it does better than the other. It's a preference at this point and nothing more.

I don't really care if its ios or android or WP, as long as I can do what I want it to do at a reasonable price.

WP doesn't allow me to do what I need because, no apps.

Android phones ironically suffer from a problem of choice that Apple doesn't. If you want a nice spec phone that works and has a decent/good camera you can find it for many a price but not with a 4" screen or even a 4.7" screen.

Ios you get three options in size, all with good camera and specs, with a ios that allows me to do anything I need done, but with multitasking a litttle on the slower side compared to android.

>malware/virus
If you are seriously worried about that then you wouldn't use a smartphone, you have to use these devices as if what you type/talk on them was going to be printed on the New York Times front page tomorrow, they are not private.

>is this claim made up to actually trick people
You only even get malware on Android if you're a complete dumbass. At this point, antivirus companies are the only ones who think mobile malware is a real problem.

They're both ok, and keep improving in the aspects the other really excels.

It would be better to recommend one over the other depending on the kind of the user a few years ago, by now they're close enough as far as functionality goes that either is fine.

Unless you're a sperg who hasn't gotten over ricing yet.

But muh freedoms

Neither is really free though is it?

Going to reply as quickly as possible.

Which is better depends on personal opinion. Android allows more freedom but requires more power. iOS is more locked down yet more efficient.

No OS is immune to viruses/malware. If you're not an idiot, you'll be fine.

iOS is better because I don't have to fuck with it to work well.
android is like windows, can do what you want but have to worry about it fucking up and eventually slowing down.
4gb+ ram for android to run smoothly? fuck that.

>guaranteed to shit the bed with forced updates within a year to force you to buy another
>work well

Fuck off shill.

smells like pasta but i haven't tried it before
i give it a 8.4/10

That's a HTC First.

What an original thread

is your phone laggy? do you wait at least 2 seconds to launch apps like stock messenger?