What does g use as an mp3?

What does g use as an mp3?
Pic related, my only good purchase from Apple.

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Player-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B01F97NZEG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Player-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B002MAPS6W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1471327686&sr=8-2&keywords=sansa clip plus
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00VXMY262/ref=psdcmw_1264866011_t1_B00HCMZ4H8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Philips GoGear Viber.

The best battery life in any device I've ever used. Its earphones are simple but are great too. Haven't broken after years of usage.

Still memedisk sansa. It works great, cant complain.

My LG V10 which I can guarantee sounds better than the crap posted in this thread so far.

Good for you?

>good purchase
>from Apple.
nice meme

160GB iPod.

I want something bigger.

Tried upgrading to an iPod touch 4g but the screen managed to crack on its own somehow and ios6 made it a pain to use, so yes, I consider this a good purchase from Apple since it has good sound quality and has lasted this long.

Plus the scrolling wheel is still fun to use

2GB 2nd gen iPod Nano for now, soon a 5th gen iPod Classic with a 120GB SSD.

>Apple
>sound quality
nice meme

So upgrade the storage

Best option too imo, you can't really beat the build quality of those older iPod classics and they've got great sound quality, any other upgrade will just be over the top expensive

I'm considering it.

I'm given to understand there's at least one model of Sansa which can be made to handle high capacity microsd cards. Considering that too. Not sure which would end up being less expensive.

If you've already got the iPod I'd imagine that'd be cheaper. I can't imagine a chink SSD would run more than a Clip and a microSD card, and an SD card + adapter certainly won't run you more than a Clip and a microSD card

Anyone here tried out these ruizu players?

>What does g use as an mp3?
>use as an mp3?
>an mp3?

I like the mp3 that was made using a song I enjoy as an audio source, then encoded in a way that reduces its filesize with minimal loss in quality.

As for a music player, I just use my phone.

I remember having very similar Mp4 players back in the day. They were ok, but that was in 2008.

They're nice unless you're exercising. I've been having the problem with mine where after I've been jogging for a while, I can't use the click wheel since my hands are too sweaty.

Can anyone recommend the Fiio X1? I'm getting one next paycheck

you asked and he answered, why the tumblr tier response?

you clearly don't need a recommendation, you need validation

ruizu x2 is a /csg/ meme. good one.

my phone supports .flac so why would i need one

I want to know if it's as good as it seems before I buy it in case anyone has experience with them. I've done my research and feel pretty confident but I haven't bought it yet.

spotify on iphone 5.

Own an X3. Sound and drive capabilities are great, but the UI fucking sucks and the screen is absolute garbage. You can't see anything under direct sunlight, and you will struggle to see the screen under the shade. Response times can be slow once you start filling up your memory card (I use a 64gb Kingston class 10 card) and it's normal for the UI sto stutter for a second before displaying artists or albums.
It also has no capabilities to play audiobooks or podcasts, but that might not be important to you.
Overall I like it, but I find it hard to recommend unless you need a dedicated music player (because it won't play anything else) and don't plan on using it under the sun or in bright conditions.

I wish I still had iOS 6 on it. Fuck Apple and their no downgrades.

Nice job keeping the 2nd gen nano alive. Mine suddenly died years ago.

a fucking note 4.

>Falling for the .flac meme
Shiggy

This. I'm still waiting to hear a real difference between the two.

You need better ears m8
I can easily tell the difference between 320MP3 and FLAC using a pair of apple earbuds and a moto e

>as an mp3
Triggered

>Using FLAC for the quality
>Not for the ability to transcode to superior lossy formats like Opus without unnecessary losses

.flac
ayy lmao he doesn't know about people packing mp3s as flac

>tfw mine came with IOS7
Fuck

This. Rock box too good

My Xiaomi smartphone.

Usually doing Opus rather than MP3 on CDs that I ripped.

My smartphone, because I don't want to carry around a separate device.

bump
can these little things sound nice? or are just like the rest of cheap chinese mp3?

/csg/ has long approved this, so just try it

> or are just like the rest of cheap chinese mp3?
How many of them have you had and how cheap were they?

Everything from like $10 has a high chance of sounding actually good.

Hell, there are $2 USB sound cards that are fine.

Why would you want to take a huge step backwards? iOS 7 is when iOS started getting decent

IOS never got decent.

It still can't really multitask for shit (on the OS - it's not multitasking if you need to write the program in a special way), and that was one of the biggest features everyone wanted from like Windows 95 and NT something back then.

I said started getting decent, I never said it fully made it there. It was utter shit before iOS 7 came out, then 7 came out and it was less shitty. Happier with that wording?

Anyone got a mp3 player with a remember playback position i listen to a lot of audiobooks and I am still using an ipod classic.

Zune HD and my old Galaxy S4

Ya, but in my opinion it's utter shit until it has multitasking.

Again, this is a feature that was almost universally adapted 20 years ago for everything but "single purpose" microcontrollers and the like, which smartphones clearly are not. And it's one of the most constantly used features ever.

IOS even regressed from fucking Symbian in that regard.

>ayy lmao he doesn't know about people packing mp3s as flac

You can just download .cue files and split them into .flac files yourself.

Multitasking on a mobile means power management, which is part of the reason every iOS phone stomps every android phone on battery life.

I can count the number of times I actually wanted to leave an app doing something in the background on one hand.

The music player is way fucking better than this fucking Apple Music shit.

iPhone 5s

Id have to agree. Simpler is better.

120 gb ipod classic

dreading the day it finally gives out

If you're jailbroken there are some tweaks that remove all the shit Apple introduced like the beats radio bullshit and leave you with a very sleek, functional and good looking music player.
I have a jailbroken iPod Touch 6 and it's by far the best MP3 player I have ever owned

i legitimately miss my zune 80gb. was a decent player. the battery expanded and blew it all out though

idk how mines still going strong, i've had it since 2009 and it still holds a decent charge

> Multitasking on a mobile means power management
No, it means processor usage because of course more apps are doing more things now.

If you force an user to only run one thing, yes, in total less work will get done by software than when the user can run as much software until they hit 100% CPU / RAM / ... load, at all times.

> which is part of the reason every iOS phone stomps every android phone on battery life
That your IOS doesn't allow you to do as much at the same time is, sure.

It's like a house that would probably also only consume less power in total if you could only power a SINGLE device. I guess you can't watch Youtube now, dad is taking a fax...

Also, this is reality:

Yes, it's a reality powered by better chipsets and slightly larger batteries, but most of these devices remain very comfortably portable anyhow.

> I can count the number of times I actually wanted to leave an app doing something in the background on one hand.
Oh really, how many run on your Windows / OSX machine right now as you are posting this - unless you're fully on a smartphone?

EVERYONE uses it all the time where it's available.

To go back to the house analogy, I don't really care that back in the day they were also happy to just have a light OR a water heating rod running. Yes, having one thing is very good - but in reality I now power 30+ devices at times.

I'm on iOS 9.3.2. There is no jailbreak.

Shit sux, should have staid on 9.0.3 since that was the last that had a 32bit jailbreak.

iphone 4

might just change to a sansa clip/+

not him but the V10 guy is being a dick about it.

What music do you listen to on your rockboxed clip + and why is not not David Bowie?

> iOS phone stomps every android phone on battery life

>gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

> $150 with shipping /csg/ approved Xiaomi Redmi 3 phone has 107 hours battery life

> $700 or whatever regional price Apple iPhone 6s Plus has 85 hours battery life

Stomped indeed.

What is the best media player per price/storage/battery?

This Or your current smartphone if you were wise enough to get one with microSD slot(s).

'cause ultimately storage is very cheap on microSD, and so is a battery pack if you really need more than 20 or whatever hours of playback that most good modern smartphones can give.

>128kbps mp3
>not using 128bit vinyl

STAY
TAYS
AYST
YSTA

PLEB
LEBP
EBPL
BPLE

>160 GB iPod

This

Yes this is. pangu for i dropped a few weeks ago
os 9.2-9.3.3

finally got ifile and itransmission running on my 6s.....life is good again.

really is pretty awesome when i put it next my ipod gen5 video that was 30gig spinning rust :)

64-bit devices only. iPods are 32-bit

>Running iOS9 on a 32 bit device

Niggaplease.jpg

The biggest question is:

Why do you even own an MP3 player in 2016?

because the audio coming out of my phone is garbage, space is limited compared to what the other devices on hand offer, and i'd rather save my phone's battery for other uses

Been using an old xperia t, only use the walkman nothing else installed its pretty nice also handy if im going somewhere i dont want to be taking my phone out can just throw in my sim

This. Until phone batteries improve, I'm not draining my shit because of music when I have my J3 handy

> Until phone batteries improve

Usually playback time for audio is fairly equal to the talk time (obviously depends on app and codec and how much you use the screen to operate the player and all that, but it's close enough).

So you can get ~32h on a $150 Chinese 5" smartphone. Which you also can recharge with a battery pack if needed - one that isn't necessarily much bigger than your current player.

Is that REALLY not enough?

Legit response: They are old and the music and playlists on them are like a very special time capsule filled with feels.

I have a 6s and am often rocking and ipod video 5g, Ipod touch 1g because they are frozen in time :)

The biggest question is why do you own a fucking shitty tracking device?

Autism

went from an iPod Classic to an X1. I'd say the UI on the iPod was better, but the X1 sounds great

Spotify on my S3. Hasn't broken yet, so not upgrading.

This. My iPod is filled with my high school music and I can't even hook it up and update the music because iTunes would wipe it.

It's like a time vault, or a time machine to the old me

My phone, an Xperia Z3.
All the files on it are 256K Opus converted from FLAC.

He's talking about when people take .mp3 files and turn them into .flac just by transcoding them. You don't gain anything by converting a lossy format to a lossless format, the damage has already been done, faggot.

That.

I can get one (8GB) for 40 aud.

Worth it?

Anyone have experience with the Xuelin?
its between this and the Fiio X1 right now.

Mine still works, I'd say yes. There may be better out there.

test

My phone?

This is the mp3 player thread I guess.

Am I better off getting this refurbished but cheaper sansa clip+, or the more expensive but brand new one?

Links to compare.

amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Player-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B01F97NZEG/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Player-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B002MAPS6W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1471327686&sr=8-2&keywords=sansa clip plus

I'm usually wary of used items/refurbished items unless they're books or the like. I don't like buying used electronics for the most part. Would it be a mostly safe buy to get the refurbished for cheaper?

Why not both?

Nigga I don't have that kind of money. I need one or the other, and cheaper preferred if it's not a negative/risky investment.

Because someone in the past said "do one thing and do it well"

Use ubuntu's music player or some windows/mac ipod management utility to extract all those files off your ipod.

V10 with hi-fi DAC & Flac

lol my phone is just a glorified ipod

Most any Cowon DAP. Even includes bookmarks so you can save a specific position as well.

why not
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00VXMY262/ref=psdcmw_1264866011_t1_B00HCMZ4H8