/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of March 2016
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES

News:
HTC Nexus Sailfish and Marlin pass FCC certification
gsmarena.com/nexus_sailfish_and_marlin_pass_fcc_certification-news-19961.php

Samsung confirms September launch for Galaxy Tab S3
gsmarena.com/samsung_confirms_september_launch_for_galaxy_tab_s3-news-19960.php

HTC Nexus Sailfish leaks in new images
gsmarena.com/nexus_sailfish_leaks_in_new_images-news-19956.php

Xiaomi Mi Note 2 images leaked, confirm edge display and dual cameras
androidheadlines.com/2016/08/xiaomi-mi-note-2-images-surface-curved-display-in-focus.html

The Motorola Moto G4 and G4 Plus Review
anandtech.com/show/10514/the-motorola-moto-g4-and-g4-plus-review

ZTE Axon 7 Review
youtube.com/watch?v=y8aeaGmswHs

Galaxy Note 7 (E8890) vs Galaxy S7 Edge (Snapdragon 820) : Speedtest Comparison
youtube.com/watch?v=AKX_4_UKKyo

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=233f0ewFWGk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nexus is going to absolutely shit on everything that has come out thus far

>inb4 the basement dwelling hoarders and their muh expandable sd cards

Get triggered by the filename, faggots

>Don't buy anything from Samsung, they make bad stuff that's basically chinkshit, but looks really nice at release/for the first month.
You mean other than the best in class screens, build quality, and revolutionary features, right

Oh and please ignore all of the TouchWiz features that AOSP has cloned over the years

What's the best 10 inch tablet you can buy right now for ~200 bucks?

Are cell phone providers starting to offer unlimited data plans again? I know Sprint and T-Mobile never really stopped, but the others....

I mean enjoy getting cucked with 32gb of storage bud, but

>No msd slut

Its shit, bucko

ZENFONE IS BEST PHONE
>ZENFONE IS BEST PHONE
ZENFONE IS BEST PHONE
>ZENFONE IS BEST PHONE
ZENFONE IS BEST PHONE

>inb4 fagpple iPhone dick suckers or Samsuniggers

>cucked
>look at me post that word again, guys! Am I cool now?

Enjoy your tibetan, supportless phone, sport

From previous thread

what's the best chinkphone that work's on t-mobile's network? all the ones on the wiki seem to be cucked

But would an S7 or a Note 7 be good if I want a phone with a good camera and good sound through headphones? I use a mini jack to hook my phone up to my car stereo. Right now I'm using an old galaxy s4 mini. My trusty xperia z1 suffered battery death and life is suffering. I have big hands, so a 5.5 or 5.7 inch fits me fine.

Yes... the only phones with better headphone output are the HTC 10 and LG V10, and you aren't likely to notice the difference unless you have some very good car audio. Anything with SD820 will sound better than your S4 Mini. The Note 7 uses the new Qualcomm codec so it should sound better than the S7 or S7e, though.

Thanks, user. I was very happy with my old, slushbrick and this tiny girlphone is murder on my fingers and ears. Can't wait to upgrade.

Samsung has come a long way. The Note 7 is actually worth buying even considering the software.

isn't there a fucking baseline 16gb nexus this year...
fuck you

Is there a huge difference between the Exynos and Snapdragon S7?

Do we expect any differences between the Exynos and Snapdragon Note 7?

Do you think there will be an noticeable performance difference between the 4gb and 6gb Note 7?

>Is there a huge difference between the Exynos and Snapdragon S7?
not a huge one but a difference
>Do we expect any differences between the Exynos and Snapdragon Note 7?
yes
>Do you think there will be an noticeable performance difference between the 4gb and 6gb Note 7?
depends on your use case

How is the 5X? Any reason to buy it over any other cheap phone besides Project Fi and stock Android?

So, who is the best Cell phone ISP of the big 4 in America? (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile).

verizon if you like overpaying and exclusive phones
t-mobile if you like good carriers
att if you live in mexico
sprint lol

Why did the One M8 come to suck so quick?

I am going to miss those front facing speakers but the upgrade to the recent version of Android fully cuck'd this phone.

RN3P incoming.

>Is there a huge difference between the Exynos and Snapdragon S7?
Yes there is. The Exynos is comparable to the iPhone 6s in speed but the Snapdragon is plain inferior. The Exynos is also more power efficient and has longer battery life.
The Snapdragon has a better GPU than the Exynos so it does perform better on some games at high settings once ingame or some shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=233f0ewFWGk

Not saying you're wrong, but what's wrong with Sprint?

Reception, spectrum availability, customer retention (meaning they have less money to invest in infrastructure), technology (lol cdma), data speed, customer service

Who /v20/ & /nexus/ hype here

I give them props for being one of the only two carriers that are still offering unlimited data plans (AT&T doesn't fucking count). Even if it's LTE is spotty at times.

Don't have job but what phone can I get that is powerful and works well on all fronts for under 300? Don't even mind getting used at this point

I'll never be hyped for a nexus because an sd card slot is easily the most important feature for a phone

>United States
>MetroPCS
>$200-$400
>Android

Currently using an S4. Sick of it.

> depends on your use case

I'm a very heavy phone user, but I doubt I'm very demanding. What kind of user would benefit most?

I've heard the OP3 essentially doesn't benefit at all from 6GB because memory management is aggressive so as not to kill battery life.

If you're always switching between tons of apps and never want them to have to reload, then the 6GB will be helpful. Otherwise you will probably benefit more from fast charging.

zenfone 3 might be your thing, when it finally comes out.

Also, Exp. memory and 1080p

should I buy the zenfone 2

Nah, we have the Axon 7 now.

No, Xiaomi, fuck your garbage TCL shit.

>use nexus root Toolkit
>flash ROM and ex kernel via TWRP

Do I need to remove the ROM and kernel before using the unroot button from wugfresh? Or it doesn't matter?

Tfw OP3 would be the absolute perfect $400 phone if it didn't have
>shit bottom speakers
>screen clarity and colours are absolute shit

Even my 5x has clearer of both ^^^

>No, Xiaomi
You might as well just hang yourself to save yourself from the massive buyer's remorse you'll get after a week your chinkshit phone spontaneously dies on you.

So I'm kind of set on the axon 7. Just one question.

I've heard that watching 1080p videos and looking at low-res photos looks bad on 1440p monitors. Would the same apply to a phone? Would I be seeing pictures in shitty quality if they are below the resolution?

Talk me out of buying an Z5C

Finger print and stock os.

iphone se

Nexus 5x

is there anything wrong with the zenfone 2? Because im probably getting this.

Daily reminder that ALL smartphones are exactly the same. We do not and never will need a smartphone general until something actually changes.

>no card slot

Should not be allowed. Ever.

no they're not. we have ios vs android that are fundamentally different. between different android models, the performance varies wildly. the camera quality varies wildly. the cost.

they're all "passable" but the usability and everything changes vastly from phone to phone.

Why does Sup Forums hate Xiaomi all of the sudden, the Note 3 Pro were recommended non stop the past few months. What does the ZTE do better than Xiaomi masterrace?

Pic Related ;^)

Is that a picture for ants?

Bullshit...slightly different specs and that's it. They are ALL the exact same slab over and over. They are ALL exactly the same in function and use.

There is Jack shit difference between them. This isn't 6 years ago where a variety of types sizes and form factors existed. Its now all the same every time.

A fucking ad card slot is now a major feature kid. That's insane.

Speaking of xiaomi, did the note pro 3 work on US carriers? I checked willmyphonework, and it said on 4g it might work with straight talk (sprint)

International S7e or pay more and get note 7?
on ATT in US

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Thinking about upgrading from my M8 to an HTC 10.
I heard the theater mode changes the phone from a split mono to stereo.

Anyone have one that can confirm, and how does it sound?

Is this a good place to ask about power banks?

What do you guys use?

what's the cleanest/most correct/complete guide to installing stock android or CM on a RN3P?

>The performance issues aren't just limited to benchmarks. Motorola's previous phones provided a smooth experience despite their limited specifications, and the Moto G4 and G4 Plus are significantly jankier throughout the UI, with even the simplest of ListViews stuttering at times. This is most certainly an issue of software rather than hardware, and stability issues with tests like PCMark battery don't inspire any confidence in the Moto G4's software quality either. Couple that with Motorola refusing to commit to monthly security updates and there's a lot of reason to be concerned about whether the Moto G4 is ever going to get to a state where it's performant and secure.

KEK

There are autists for almost every possible piece of hardware or peripheral byt you won't let us have a thread for the most commonly used devices in the world?

Go back to your mechanical keyboard general

I want to try iOS software and phones in general, should I buy a 6s or SE?

why not zenfone 3 instead?

Do you want a bigger screen or a smaller one, dingus?

It really doesn't matter, I have a z1 compact since it was released so I'm used to small phones, but I could go with 6s without problem.

>he hates touchscreens

lmao

Y u mad tho.

Where does antennapod save it's podcasts? want to change the download directory to sd card (lollipop) witho foldermount.

Raging hard

HTC fucks up the Nexus devices.

Huge bezels, ugly looking, most probably shitty cam, low batterlife.

FUCK YOU HTC

Hey Sup Forumsuys
My girlfriend is looking to get a new phone. She currently has a samsung prevail that came free with her phone plan. She really doesn't use her phone, prefers to do everything on her computer, but we have been playing pokemon go together and the prevail is just not cutting it. We are looking for a good cheap phone to play pokemon go and other mobile games. The cheaper the better. We are in US and on At&t.

I ordered one the other day should be here tomorrow. Got it in space grey, did I made a huge mistake?

Really though did I goofed by getting the space grey version????

Iphone se

Forgot to mention, I have a iphone 6 and the main issue is her comparing her gameplay to mine. Pokemon, pokestops, etc load faster on m ine.

Should I go for an old flagship phone, or a newer cheap phone?

If you get the se don't made da same mistake as I did and get the space grey version.

If you don't want the se just wait until next month and get the iphone 7

>Iphone se
That is a bit out of our budget. She really doesn't use her phone all that much.

Yeah that stopped me from buying a 6s last Friday, I don't like that white color front.
I guess I'll go with a se 64gb, it's cheaper than the 6s.
How long the battery lasts through the day?

Is it true the 5X starts shitting itself within the first few months?

>Should I go for an old flagship phone, or a newer cheap phone?
Iphone se
Iphone se
Iphone se

The se has better specs than your iPhone 6. Has the same internals has the 6s. Also will have better battery life due to the smaller screen. 16 gb version which is more than enough to play Pokemon go with is only 400 smackaroos. Hell of a good deal m8.

tracfone

hey lads. anyone care to share the raw camera file from OP3? I want to do some tests in lightroom and see how well does it handle.

Considering we are only playing pokemon go the $400 is a bit too pricey. We were actually looking at the amazon Blu R1. I know it can't do AR but we are just buying it to play pokemon go.

Idk, I've never owned an iphone before. My first (ugly space grey se) gets here tomorrow and can't wait. Trying to stay up late so I sleep in all day. That way it will be here as soon as I wake up instead of having to wait in anticipation for ups to get here.

If you're ok with the bigger display of the 6s you should just wait another month for the 7 to be released. I would have done the same but I want a small phone and from everything I've read they won't be releasing a 4 inch display iphone 7. Not sure how good the battery life of the se will be but I heard it's better than both the 6s and the regular 6 because of it's smaller screen.

Fuck off pleb get the se or dont. How can you afford an iphone 6 but not an iphone se? I can smell BS when I see it pal.

I already own a iphone 6, I have owned it for over a year. I am looking for a phone for my girlfriend. I am not sure what you don't understand. I just want a cheap phone she can play pokemon go on.

I pre-ordered the note 7, I hope I didn't fuck up

No, I get you, I get you my man. man I get you just fine, loud and clear... you bought yourself a 700 dollar iphone 6 over a year ago with no problems but when it comes to your gf you can't afford a 400 dollar phone. Do you even know how much you are getting for only 400 dollars? I'm not sure what YOU don't understand. Good luck on becoming a Pokemen master without your gf because it's clear that you don't care if she succeeds or not. You gotta "catch'em all" haha right? Fuck your gf she doesn't even have what it takes to become a Pokemen master so why waist money on HER when you could be putting those resources to better use on yourself? So yeah "my man" I think I understand perfectly...

you got memed hard my friend ;^)

haven't seen this much autism in a long time, it's almost refreshing. The SE isn't so good it deserves this much shilling, guy just wants something that can play a basic game.

I'm new to these things

when will they reveal new Nexus phones? when will we be able to buy them?

Yeah, no. Just look at that abomination.

beautiful

I don't know what's the hate for Samsung when their phones are build like a tank and would last for years.

Pic 100% related.

>he buys Nexus

If they weren't so expensive I'd love to get another, wish I didn't have to upgrade my Exhibit II but I can't handle having a shit 3mp camera any longer.

Our Lord and Savior approved of this message.

>hopes he doesn't fuck up
>orders touchjizz

Gee wizz

>touchwiz
>wonky plastic
>bloatware
>boring looks
thats why

So it's looking like the smaller Nexus is gonna be shit again. Why does Google refuse to offer decent storage options?

Why are Nexus phones so fucking perfect? Why can't my iPhone be that good?

Nice meme. Nexus phones are usually pretty good. The 6 and 5X are poor. This year the big one will be great but the smaller model will be shit.

beautiful