Chromebook thread

Chromebook thread

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/x220-lenovo-thinkpad-/112089905416?hash=item1a19143908:g:BM0AAOSw65FXq9nj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Forget about the specs for a minute: God damn the CR48 was aesthetically nice. A smooth black box, no branding, no (physical) chrome, no bullshit.

I just threw up on my monitor you asshole

what's the point of a chromebook when a X200 series thinkpad is cheaper and more functional as a real computer.

There isn't one

A decent Chromebook sells for $150. Find me an X200 for that price.

Say no more

ebay.com/itm/x220-lenovo-thinkpad-/112089905416?hash=item1a19143908:g:BM0AAOSw65FXq9nj

Rekt

my x200 cost $60
though for $150, you might as well get get an x220.

Because Thinkpad are ugly and heavy and your Thinkpad doesn't get 13 hours battery

Only losers use thinkpads

Why do you need 13 hours of battery life?

Pretty sure thinkpads do get that much

I don't care

Would you rather have 6 hours or 13. Those are your choices. Pick one

I want the thinkpad.

What about
both

That wasn't an option you can only pick battery life

weight?

Posting on mine right now tbqh

So glad I got one of these things. So cheap, so easy to use, so quick

I got a pixel 2013 for about $375

did somebody say chromebook thread?

I want 13 hours, therefore I get the Thinkpad :D

Would you rather have functional, usable software, or a shitty glorified web browser with "app" links to webpages? Those are your choices. Pick one.

uhh, you can install linux on a chromebook. nobody uses chromeOS. that is basically the whole point,

>uhh
Slow thinker eh?

yeah, my mommy says i'm a special boy but i have big dreams

>"installing"
>having to run a proper UI in a botnet-ified shell

I want the thinkpad.

>being baited this easily

Not on all of them, you have to rely on Chroot for most Chromebooks.

You can flatten chromeos outright you dumb nigger. I know because I have one right next to me. There is no original software on that thing.

truth

>Not using seabios
>Not flashing core boot
Literally the easiest thing in the world.
Some chromebooks can even run Windows.

Then you have a really old one. See: If there actually is a new one that supports seabios and coreboot, please let me know. The price and aesthetics are very appealing.

It wasn't bait. It was a dumb joke that would likely come out of a middle schoolers mouth but unfortunately came from an autistic adult

>resorting to using smug anime faces
That's how you know you've lost..

who'd ever thought portable computing should be portable?

i can guarantee you're doing nothing of value if you're over 6 hours away from a power outlet

>having to plug your computer in all the time
nigga, just get a desktop...

I've never been diagnosed with autism, but hell, its possible!

But anyway, time to go shopping with the girlfriend and return home to watch TV from the glorious chromebook!

I can't forget the cr48 is a poorly built pos

/thread lmao

This isn't even trolling, it's just legitimate reasons for mods to delete the thread

What the fuck? Show me a fucking thinkpad that gets 13 hours while being remotely competitive with the price of a chromebook.

>only losers use ThinkPads
As if there's not a surer sign someone's a poorfag when they own a Chromebook.

>Chromebook Pixel came out 2 years ago
>Cost $1300
>Isn't getting the android compatibility update
Google can go fuck themselves, there's no way I'm trusting them with my OS updates

I love my C720. Honestly one of the best tech purchases I've ever made

not him, but i've been using an acer c720p running purely debian sid on top of seabios as my main laptop for about 2 years now.

i wiped chromeos off the device the day i bought it and swapped m2 drives for a 32gb one

Pretty nice looking device, but it is a little dated... And anything Acer is usually pure garbage, but yeah, looks nice. I'd probably be more interested if I could find one that wasn't $200 (for a nasty Celeron).

Since you actually own it, keep it. Sounds really nice to run Debian on one of those things. I do the same thing on my x201. :P

yeah i bought a refurb for 100 bucks.

it's basically an ultra-ultrabook.

it's covered in conference stickers, so nobody knows it's a chromebook but me ;)

They're great little computers if you're the type of person that just checks email, facebook, and online banking.

If you do anything that requires actual software then you're fucked. But you can't beat the price.

chromebooks are for poor niggers and spics

>poor niggers
that's redundant :^)

it was a free laptop you fucking cuck

I love my Chromebook. It's replaced my laptop. I still have my rig for serious work of course, but I just usually use my Chromebook nowadays

C720 is still the best chromebook

nice, i probably will end up getting one in a few days

Is it possible to get Arch running on that?

Yep.

I'm on an Acer CB3-131.

Cost me about $170 total, I have no regrets. I'm using it right now.

Acer C720 running coreboot and GalliumOS.

The hinge on mine has basically fallen apart, I epoxied it back together but I don't think it will last very long

>I'm on an Acer CB3-131.
>Cost me about $170 total, I have no regrets. I'm using it right now.
thnx for the recommendation user!

I miss my Cr-48 so much. My laptop just broke and I'm probably going to replace it with one.