I worked here as an engineer for 5 years. AMA

I worked here as an engineer for 5 years. AMA

why is the security on that site so fucking bad?

what were you mainly responsible for?

do i want to know how much information facebook has on me?

how many D batteries fit in your rectum?

Sanitation engineer?
I heard they have a lot of people who don't poo in the loo. Sounds like a tough job.

Why do you hate meme pages ?

If i write that facebook is run by a faggot kike do I get put on a list?

What was it like working for Zuckersperg?

Do you have a degree?
Did you find it easy to get hired?
How many resumes did you send out before you got hired at FB?

What languages do you use regularly?
Does anyone use terminal-based editors around you?

1) Tell us the most fucked up shit about Facebook you know, lad.

2) Also, why does the platform perform like shit even though it's made by a multi-billion company? (The apps are shit too)

3) Do you think they backdoored Whattsapp?

If you found a security flaw, then report it. You get money. Yet you're sitting here talking shit on an anonymous imageboard. You haven't found any security flaws, have you, user?

Worked with a lot of teams; worked as a software engineer and then an engineering manager

Dude, honestly, nobody gives a fuck about your data. Do you really think that you matter that much?

Cool

I'm a faggot and like a few meme pages on FB myself. IDK

- Yes
- Yes
- IDK; I just applied to a bunch of places and they offered me the most money out of college lol
- People who care about language are shit at programming
- Yes, many people use vim or emacs

>- People who care about language are shit at programming

I was asking what languages are used in your software stack.

Unless you mean to say they let you use whatever?

Do people know whenever I look at their photos

1) There's honestly not that much fucked up about the product itself. Company itself has high egos, fake personality, corporate worship problem

2) Internal version of FB is even worse. There's a lot of over-complicated infrastructure underneath the hood

3) Not at all

Depends on what you work on. Most of facebook.com + API endpoints is in Hack/PHP. But there's projects being written in pretty much every even remotely popular language at FB. C, C++, Python, Java, Haskell, OCaml off the top of my head

Yes, creep (notrlly)

So how was dealing with the poo outside the loo? Did you quit because they were adding more H1Bs and you didn't want to deal with the poo?

WHAT IS THE GENERAL FEELING WITH THE WHOLE ADBLOCKER CAR AND MOUTH GAME .

ARE YOU LIKE "FUG" OR ARE YOU LIKE " FUG IT "

CHEERIODILES

Why did you leave facebook?

Is it true they serve curry every day?

Is it true that it listens to your microphone to target you with ads on mobile?

Could the engineers look at people's conversations if they wanted to? What kind of protection to they have from FB employees?

Any shady stuff you noticed?

Confirmed b8.

Why haven't you staged a workplace mass murder/suicide yet?

can you provide proof?

Seconded more info plz

>There's honestly not that much fucked up about the product itself.

With the exception that it eventually encourages a 'like button' inspired insipid discourse. Also there's the tendency of the company to want to do things without people's knowledge or consent like those cookies you can't block.

The whole thing creeps me out. It's Orwellian to me. They could have just put decent ads on the side panel and made a really decent buck but instead they went deep into creaper land of the big money that's into stalking and studying people to try to directly market to them.

They also study what you type and what you delete. They want to know why you censor yourself. Creeeeeeepy.

How comes the Android client is a piece of turd?
My mother uses Facebook extensively (yeah I know), and uses an Android tablet (Note 10.1 2014) to do so.

The Messenger and Facebook both causes the tablet to freeze up, they crash, they hang, they are just fucking shit in general.

One big example.
> Want to post picture
> It opens this custom gallery, fuck knows why
> The custom gallery seem to have no thumbnails and is trying to load ~100 full-sized images on the screen. They are in full-size, only scaled down.
> It lags like there is no tomorrow.

This is still a thing, it's a bug right now.
But hey, for 2-3 years, the entire client was godawful slow, unusable.
Only lately did they decide to implement at least a proper threaded loading.

So...
They make so much money.
Yet the client sucks so fucking much.

How do they manage this?

>Dude, honestly, nobody gives a fuck about your data. Do you really think that you matter that much?

disinfo confirmed

Where do you work?

how gud do you need to be (to get hired)

mark pls go. no one wants to use your shillware

Could it be him?

>Worked with a lot of teams; worked as a software engineer and then an engineering manager

hmmm....

I don't think Mark would grace us mere mortals with his presence on a Chinese knitting forum.

not him, but i've done research of online communities (have worked with MSR and facebook, and looked at data from a few places.

- just using the word "insipid" makes you sound a bit like a cringy neckbeard.

- doing things without your knowledge is a reality of all websites, including Sup Forums. consent is the same issue. you can either consent to the policies Sup Forums has and the design of the site, or you can leave. the same is true of facebook. you can tell me that it's not fair that facebook's role in society makes it deleterious to opt out (something that's not the case with Sup Forums), but that's a different point. make that or don't.

- every corporation has an agenda. that agenda is the same: to make as much money as possible. the parameters for that function are simple bordering on stupid, like to avoid committing any very costly crimes (e.g. selling baby organs), but our entire society is simply not designed to produce corporations that maximize social good.

i also don't mean this to be an angsty commentary about capitalism; this is just an acknowledgement that society has very few axes for evaluating companies, and along those axes there's almost no notion of ethical/moral justice. it's like thinking about three dimensions on a two-dimensional plane.

- speaking from work i've done at facebook, a lot of the design into the question of self censorship is thinking about how and why people do it to better understand if you're withholding something you value that you might want to share with your friends.

you can frame it in other ways, and i'm sure there are ad teams that rub their hands together with excitement about targeting ads toward "reluctant ____s", but the people that study this stuff are (as far as i could ever tell) motivated by a desire to learn more about people in general.

How is babby formed?

mar pull out his pencil width wee wee and *dadada*, baobae

What are the future plans for facebook?

Who is advancing on the related marked?

r u gay?

They need to do way instain mother, who kill their babby, because these babby can't frifth back?

Very high quality AMA, user. You used no secure tripcode or anything, so anyone can pretend to be you, and you also provided no proof, so if you actually tell us something interesting, people will just say that you're roleplaying.

>AMA
Back to fuckin' Reddit with ya! :P

OP used the same word you mongrel.

how paranoid is Zuckerberg?

haha you wrote php for 5 years

post feet

Why is there zero privacy on kikebook?

Where do you poo?

why haven't you killed yourself yet?

Why is facebook doing PR on Sup Forums?

Did you succ the zuck?

Ok kid

Facebook targets users and non users. 4th chan and most other sites aren't sucking up all your contacts and buying credit card purchase data like facebook is. That sort of behavior affects people who will never have an Facebook acc