All-right Sup Forums

All-right Sup Forums
What operating systems did you install recently?'

I installed Lubuntu today.

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Full_system_backup_with_rsync
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Debian. But it broke

Fresh Arch install with LXDM and JWM. I started with Manjaro XFCE then switched to Manjaro JWM. Now just going with Arch. I cheated and used Architect installer.

Wil you try again?
Are you, nonetheless, proud of yourself? (I am not being sarcastic, by the way).

>I cheated and used Architect installer.
nice

>Wil you try again?
No. Linux is a fucking mess, I'm done with it.
I'll try to install El Capitan tho.

what?

the best o.s. for gaming
w7

I cheated too and used Arch anywhere. I have been using Fedora exclusively for years and love Arch but haven't had the gusto for the installation - so many other interests, so little time

>no dx12
>no low overhead drivers

nice try

Most recent is Arch + Xfce

Tried to install Leopard on a PMG4, realized I need fucking DL DVDs

>supporting dx12
scum tard

....how do they know

Trying out sabayon tomorrow. Is it any good?

All these people bragging on gnome xfce, mate, cinnamon - let me know when you get into a real wm like i3 or dwm. Puh-LEASE

dx12 will be important in the future

that blows

>gnome xfce, mate, cinnamon
xfce is the only good one out of these

Windows 8.1 for my new gaymin' computer I built a few days ago

thinking about dual booting debian testing for programming and what not

Your browser sends a useragent string with your OS revision included for web server compatibility.

>installing operating systems for the fun of it
I upgraded my Fedora using fedup. I have no reason to distro hop anymore.

awww broke it?

>bragging
I never did that. I want to use a DE that works out of the box. You are the one acting superior to everyone for no reason.

I installed Windows 8.1 today. Feels good.

yeah
the mate thingy was all black and the menus were fucked up

> fell for the fedup meme

> implying

Explain.

Giving a slackware / kde plasma 5 live stick a go and i am impressed.

Slackware 14.2
Pretty Good by now, 2 weeks using it.

JEALOUS YET?

So this has to do with Fedora's updater how?

no way they could unless you're on windows, they probably guess the rest

interesting

just do a vm and stop being fagalicious

Linux runs windows better then windows runs windows

HOW

technically superior choice sorry

Most recent is OS X Mavericks, Spring 2014. Unlike desktop linux and Windows it's more stable apparently.

Will an i5 6500, 8 GB DDR4 RAM and a 1TB HDD be fine for 3D gaymin' through a VM on Linux?

by being a major fagatron apparently. Who can't install Debian? I smell a microshill. poo in the loo pajeet, here are your 3 rupees for instilling doubt

raspbian on my rpi.

Yes that cpu will work. You'll be able to play games near full speed of windows without problem.

you run Linux in a VM on your windblows advertising machine for your
> programming and such
that you probably will give up after a few weak attempts let's be honest judging by your comments

>generating your own faux-medieval images
>not using the real thing

> challenges me to a duel

Deleted a Netrunner, Arch and Fedora VM and finished up a gentoo one just now to try it out.
Not bad, reminds me a bit of using a BSD in a couple ways.
BSD vm was going to get a desktop but it is having connection trouble and I can't be bothered.
Hopefully at the end of this I will have found a linux OS to put onto my laptop and such.

dumbest question I have seen all day, great job

I installed Ubuntu 32-bit on my Dell Latitude E5400 (T420 wannabe).

>Reasons why I switched
>1...
Windows 10 was shit so, I upgraded to Windows 8.1, also shit. I decided to go back to Last Best OS (Windows 7). Microsoft started to treat the update system on 7 as if it was 10. Not much support for my lappy so, got Ubuntu and everything worked.
>2...
Obviously, freedom and less botnet. Plus less useless "services" and Drivers.

There are more reasons but the other are subjective (not factual)

mate on raspberry pi 3

justing trudu

You're a retard

humongous faggot detected

Arch with i3, I was using xfce4 at first but i3 is so much more efficient

Not for long.

Ubuntu is the devil.

I installed Debian then Xubuntu now Ubuntu Gnome on a second partition on my laptop. I don't know what to use but now I'm thinking about installing Debian again. What DE works nice with Debian?

just make a backup, install arch and unpack the backup, literally is copypasting

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Full_system_backup_with_rsync

Gnome. XFCE is really horrible without the extra tweaks that you see in Xubuntu.

Solaris 10 and then OpenIndiana when I couldn't find a fucking driver for the one goddamn NIC it didn't support out of the box

i switched to xubuntu today and just finished fixing it all up the way i like it

xfce is best de

Arch with BSPWM. First time at Arch. First time with tiling manager. 1 week to set up. =O

did you even webm?
or screenshot?

>bit jelly tho

installed debian earlier, now I'm installing w8.1 and jewing microsoft to give me w10 for free because I need to use "assistive technologies"

Sort your screen tearing? See those nasty borders on gtk3 windows?

>xfce is best de
true

yes had to fix screen tearing
it's always the fucking screen tearing

>Firefox is now gtk3
>Can't used the patch gtk2 file picker with icons
Fuck my life

This shit pisses me off so much. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm always checking screen tearing test videos on YouTube after setting up compton.

I'm and switched from Xubuntu because of the screen tearing and stupid borders. What did you do to fix it? I saw something about using Compton which was OK until I opened a GTK3 window.

>be a developer
>see that nearly half of Windows users are on Windows 7
>continue making games with Windows 7 support

I don't see this cycle ending until 2020

i had to disable the compositor in the window manager tweaks and then install compton

works fine now, but it's really fucking annoying i always have to use compton to fix this shit. i'd do the xorg nvidia setting thing but the last time i did that it killed my logon screen for some reason and i'm just too lazy to fix that mess

I tried i3, realized WMs aren't for me.

what terminal is that?

hah, fag

I'm using urxvt / zsh

So what's so good about XFCE compared to other DE's?

>What operating systems did you install recently?
Gentoo. I finally fell for the meme. Fortunately, I am a massive autist and the pain of reading shit wiki and compiling only fueled my desire to know more.

>tfw I have ascended

its comfy and light

MATE is better

are you a faggot?

Tried Arch. It's utter shit. Tried Ubuntu Gnome. Also shit. Fedora is bad too. OpenBSD is fucking autistic.

I think I'll stick with Debian and KDE. I love KDE Connect.

Guess how I know you've never done any network programming in your life?

>KDE

we know you like bloat so we put some bloat on your bloat so you can bloat while you bloat

KDE devs are bunch of pajeets and the DE is bloated mess.

>KDE bloat meme

>KDE isn't bloated meme

pajeet pls

Alright I'm installing Xubuntu again. I'm gonna get angry at compton but I'm sure I'll manage.

It works great and looks good. Stay mad.

Debian stable with gnome on an x220, pretty comfy once you fix font rendering and do a few tweaks here and there tbqh