What power bank do you use?I'm currently looking for a decent one

What power bank do you use?I'm currently looking for a decent one.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01422TC14/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_faRSxb7FAVKKK
amazon.com/dp/B00P7N0320/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_K.QSxbFP2V9Z1
amazon.com/PowerZen-16750mAh-Capacity-Portable-Technology/dp/B00FAU7ZB2
amazon.com/Portable-RAVPower-13000mAh-Powerful-External/dp/B00MPIGPUY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471361922&sr=8-1&keywords=rav power 13000
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I use the schuko version of this one

No complaints

None. I don't want my house burned down.

>leaving the house
Are you daft?

I ripped my power bank open and found four 18650 so I am going to buy some cases to put them in to turn my one 10,000mAh into three power banks.

I bought a little solder-it-yourself kit from adafruit. takes two AAs.

if I ever have to get on a plane I'll buy a different one so it doesn't look like I'm Ahmed the Clockmaker

this is my main
amazon.com/dp/B01422TC14/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_faRSxb7FAVKKK

secondary
amazon.com/dp/B00P7N0320/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_K.QSxbFP2V9Z1

Is it worth getting USB c type powerbank right now

I actually have the grey one with the LCD in your picture, it's pretty neat.

wat

Xiaomi 10000 Power Bank from Gearbest /thread

I have a big 20,100 mAh one from Anker that has USB Type-C.

I assume he means usb c to usb c

amazon.com/PowerZen-16750mAh-Capacity-Portable-Technology/dp/B00FAU7ZB2
Really good
I take the plane a lot of time per month and it charge my 3DS or mobile with no problem

i wouldn't until it has usb 3.1 or whatever. faster potential charging rate. if you've got type C devices and you desperately need one, then i guess sure, though.

i have pic related. 20,000 mAh, which is really nice. i've never exhausted it, even on long trips. admittedly i try to not rely solely on it for power, though.

i imagine myself getting a non-crap version of a rMB someday, buying a battery pack like this, and traveling around with just the laptop and maybe a battery pack if i suspect i'll need more battery life. i figure with a small USB power adapter i could really lighten the load i carry while still giving myself this insane reservoir of power to replenish either my smartphone or my laptop whenever i need it.

as it stands, i could use a much less powerful laptop (i do most of my work on remote machines; even a pretty competent laptop could barely handle the shit i'm doing, so why try?), so i could probably tolerate even a rMB, if it wasn't so plagued with issues.

Holy shit, you brilliant motherfucker, are you me? These are all the things I've been working towards. I have this exact power bank, I use it to power all my shit, and it hasn't eluded me that the Retina Macbook charges via USB, and can therefore make use of power banks.

Needless to say, I second all of that. Keep up the good work.

>Holy shit, you brilliant motherfucker, are you me?
I thought all hipster macfags are essentially the same person?

I'm using that black shit with the red sides and the clover in your pic. Charges my 2.6k mah phone 5-6 times over, so i guess it's bretty close to the advertised 22k mah

You know, it's funny you would say that. In reality, the Retina Macbook is one of the few USB-C laptops you can charge with any standard USB-C cable, thus enabling the use of USB power banks. Laptops like the HP Spectre, despite having a standard USB-C port, implement hardware checks that mandate the use of a proprietary power cable anyway.

So, really, in this specific case, Apple is allowing users of the Retina Macbook more freedom than HP is allowing users of the Spectre. HP, on the other hand, is rent-seeking by rendering proprietary what could (and should) be standardized.

There are very few absolutes. When you're older than 16, you'll realize that.

i mean it's a good plan (unless we're missing something big), and great minds think alike.

honestly, the big thing i *need* to happen is to see better power output on USB battery packs. the one i posted has been tested with a rMB and at best it seems to keep the laptop at the same percentage (maybe a very slight climb). keeping it afloat is an achievement of some sort, but i'd really like a battery pack that could unload onto my laptop. i realize that the physics of batteries makes that unlikely until battery tech changes drastically, but that's the short-medium term vision.

i think the medium-long term vision (for me) is to someday have a laptop like a rMB but less "first gen shitty", an optional battery pack for trips, and a USB powerport thing like pic related. i have this one and cumulatively it's rated for 60W but i would need one to be able to charge a single device at ~30w according to the rMB AC adapter specs. but imagine traveling with this *instead* of the power brick you normally carry for your laptop. or imagine one smaller, since we'd be talking about type C ports

suffice it to say that i've been keenly following the rMB and laptops that power by USB, but only because i see a huge amount of potential in that design for my workflow (like i said, so little of my work actually benefits from local CPU power, and i don't game at all, and just about the only features that matter to me are a good typing experience and a sharp screen with good scaling features). the rMB seems to drop everything else for that (maybe it drops a little too much; i've heard the keyboard is polarizing)

it's funny to hear that from someone on Sup Forums, where groupthink-y zealots have run amok

>honestly, the big thing i *need* to happen is to see better power output on USB battery packs. the one i posted has been tested with a rMB and at best it seems to keep the laptop at the same percentage (maybe a very slight climb).

Well, the 2016 Retina Macbook gained about an hour of battery life *and* a ~25% general performance boost at the same time, so, if we're lucky, the power-efficiency of the laptop will improve alongside the power output of power banks. That aside, I suspect power bank manufacturers have already noticed this use case, and will begin to cater to it within a year or two.

>someday have a laptop like a rMB but less "first gen shitty"

As I mentioned above, it only took one year for the rMB to gain 25% performance and an hour of battery life. It's coming along really fast, and I'm optimistic at this point.

>(like i said, so little of my work actually benefits from local CPU power, and i don't game at all, and just about the only features that matter to me are a good typing experience and a sharp screen with good scaling features).

Yeah, you definitely get it. Centralize your computing resources, and then access them with whatever the fuck you want. Cell phones, tablets, laptops, AIOs, desktops, it ceases to matter. They're all just doorways into the massive amounts of power you stuck in a closet somewhere. I've been working on implementing this for years.

oh i forgot (or didn't know?) that the rMB had been updated. i'm optimistic about this stuff as well, owing mostly to my not having forgotten that the MBA was absolute garbage in the first generation. even sites that generally review apple favorably recognized that it just wasn't ready for the year it was introduced. it shaped up considerably in the following refreshes, though, and it became a lot clearer what use case it was good for.

good to know that the power has improved a bit - the first gen reviews seemed to point out that the rMB struggled to live a little bit, but *again* this is something the MBA suffered from.

>HP Spectre
nice cherry-picking

go compare your shiny toy against a thinkpd and come back

Yeah, aside from the screen, the MBA ended up being awesome after a few iterations. I've been using a 2013 MBA *since* 2013, and there's no sign of me ever having to replace it. I might replace it someday because I feel like it, and resell it or hand it down to someone else, but I won't *need* to. It hasn't even begun to feel obsolete or non-functional.

This discussion was about USB-C charging, you giant retard. Last I checked, none of your glorified dumpster-dive ThinkPads even supported that.

None, i don't go out.

>buy xiaomi powerbank because shit might be useful
>never use it anyway
My phone lasting 2-3 days on one charge almost eliminates any need for a powerbank

Oh right, I forgot. Having to unplug your USB devices so you can charge your laptop was considered a “feature” in the macfag community.

No it isn't. It's a definite drawback of the hardware. It doesn't change the fact that comparing a used ThinkPad you got off eBay to a bleeding-edge Ultrabook is an apples-and-oranges (heh) comparison.

I compared one late-model Ultrabook that charges via USB-C to another late-model Ultrabook that charges via USB-C, in a very specific way. It's perfectly valid. Meanwhile, all you can do is sling a pile of dog shit you found on the floor here at Sup Forums.

>macfag calls his device an “ultrabook” and equates a thinkpad with “dogshit”
How original. I bet you're the person on that “dinosaur laptop” normiebook screencap

not him, but there are like 6 laptops that charge by usb type C. calling it cherry-picking seems hyper-defensive.

yeah, and the MBA's screen probably wasn't that noticeably lacking until the rMBP came out. now i wouldn't bother with anything else. i've ultimately replaced my monitors at home with 24" 4k panels, which scale at the same factor that my rMBP scales. those monitors are actually driven by a hackintosh, so when i plug my laptop in it's just for power and ethernet (to lose some latency vs wifi) and control the hackintosh over teleport, so i could drop in a much lower power laptop and not suffer for it.

the only remaining fear is that apple seems to have no idea what it's doing on a big picture. the MBA got a lot better over years 1-3; are they figuring out that transitioning their devices to charge by USB (bear in mind that USB 3.1 can deliver 100w, which is way more than even the 15" rMBP needs), or are they going to fuck this whole generation up and exclusively push something retarded like fingerprint scanners?

i badly hope they'll drop magsafe 2 for type C. it'll be confusing and a lot of people will find themselves holding a handful of magsafe adapters that won't be worth anything in a few years (i'm one of them), but pushing for a future where even our laptops charge by USB would make that growing pain worth it. and if battery manufacturers can get 100w output without these things getting too hot or something, that would close the gap

just grabbed one from Amazon's brand.
most likely not the best $/mAh (even when you take into account that all the chink-products have wrong mAh labels) but at least I can be sure that it won't go up in flames

if you want a larger capacity than whatever you got, the consensus *seems* to be that anker is reliable. they're a chinese brand, though, so whenever you go to buy, check and make sure there hasn't been a string of explosions in people's pockets lately.

>thinking I equated ThinkPads with dog shit

Holy fucking shit, how did you graduate third grade with those reading comprehension skills? When I say you're slinging shit, I'm taking about edgy Sup Forums bullshit like 'hurr hurr shiny toy' and 'macfags consider one port to be a feature'.

In fact, neither of those things are true. The Retina MacBook is now similar in horsepower to my 2013 MacBook Air, which isn't bad at all, because that Air has been my only laptop for three years, and, in fact, was my *only computer* for over a year. Plus, despite the MSRP being higher than that of the MBA, the rMB has a great display, and includes 8 GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD standard, which were always upgrades on the MBA until this year.

Furthermore, the rMB's single port is a serious point of contention, even among people who like Macs. Every sane person is given pause by that one port, myself included. That said, there are some people who won't really miss the ports. Not just unwashed normies, either. Some people have a LAN that functionally replaces most uses for USB drives, some people have Bluetooth peripherals, etc. Some people just approach problems differently.

For someone who shits on "'macfags" for all being the same, you sure aren't promoting individualism, or, indeed, doing much of your own thinking at all.

>Tomo 3

Takes 3 18650 batteries and also charges them
Been pretty good so far

name one phone that lasts more than a day.

where do you get the batteries? are they rechargable?

Gear best, I already some because they're common sizes for torches, and vapes if you're a faggot

I have pic related and use it to charge my nexus 7.
Use it as an alternative to wall charger, since it more easy to use the tablet while it's charging.

Redmi Note 3

prove it.
huh, didn't think so.

Seconding paid 10€. True 6200mAh but still a good deal

Oukitel k10000

once that fits in my pocket

Ithas 4000 mah battey

Xiaomi 10000mha (6250 effective)

Xiaomi 20000mah. Literally charged my iphone 5 for a week when I was on vacation and showed 2 more lights afterwards. (50% left?) I wish manufacturers would make phones 2x thicker but release them with better batteries.

25-50% left

Is it true that for all power banks , the indicated mAh isn't true?

Only shit ones, they like to lie about it because most people don't know how to measure it.

I bought a chink xiaomi 10000mah one that I literally charged once and checked if it works and never used after.

What does everyone use them for?

I put a clip one one and use it as a book light

Other than that I mainly use them to keep my PSP/3DS charged while I'm in the hammock

New Trent Powerpak Ultra NT140R-B

I got it as a birthday present after I dropped my bag and broke my HDD. Everything in my pack now is rugged, and this thing has 14000mAh in it, with a 2A output, with two ports for charging at the same time.

It takes a full night to charge the power bank it self

Did you get a replacement HDD, is it rugged?

amazon.com/Portable-RAVPower-13000mAh-Powerful-External/dp/B00MPIGPUY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471361922&sr=8-1&keywords=rav power 13000

Only chink knockoffs, mostly on eBay. Seriously, there's one which advertises being 300000mAh and only costs around 25 bucks. If you see it's being sent from China, don't order it.