bitbucket.org/rorgoroth/mpv-for-windows/downloads
sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/

>scripts and shaders:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/user-scripts

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/rossy/d9ab892d4c1a3e34381fccfa5a17aad4
github.com/kevinlekiller/mpv_scripts/tree/master/autoscaling
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.horrelltech.aprilmediacenter
askubuntu.com/questions/587045/screen-tearing-in-netflix-while-full-screen-on-14-04-lts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good thread

Nice red hat, dude.
It's not hard to make a good /mpv/ thread.

haasn when can we expect a haskell package for libmpv

haasn when can we expect a haasnsharp scaler

rossy/wm4/haasn when can we expect display rate switcher in mpv
gist.github.com/rossy/d9ab892d4c1a3e34381fccfa5a17aad4

haasn/wm4 when can we expect this natively in mpv
github.com/kevinlekiller/mpv_scripts/tree/master/autoscaling

haven't been here for months
there is a rossy now?

>there is a rossy now?
>pokémon
Wild ROSSY appeared!

>haasn/igv/bjin when can we expect an ultra-sharp-without-bloating-that-needs-1080-gtx hook for mpv
seriously why no more new shaders/hooks

Is anyone interested in mpv for Android?
I've got something working but haven't worked on it for a while. Will pick it up again if there's demand.

Is it really possible? That's awesome!
Do things like advanced scalers, display-resample, interpolation and user-shaders work?

Yes everything should work as-is. I want to get youtubedl working too but I have no idea if that's possible yet, haven't looked into it. Would be gr8 if you could just dump an url in the app and it would play it.

The current issues with it is that the ffmpeg hardware decoding backend for Android is still not that good, my nexus 9 can't play shit and I need to dive into ffmpeg code to find out why.

Yeah hardware decoding is almost a mandatory for android :\

Hey guys, I have made this app for Android, and I would like peoples opinion on it. It is a Media Player, music and videos, with an equalizer that can remember the settings per song, and the ability to play songs using your voice.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.horrelltech.aprilmediacenter

why not use VLC?
its just werks

mpv is perfect to watch movies in the comfy framebuffer

I manage to get it work on my android box (amlogic s905). Only SW works. HW never looks well..most of time it has weird block..

Yes, there are issues with the color conversion and whatnot. I want to fix it but I know so little about it that it takes time.

>ability to play songs using your voice
What? You begin to sing and it identifies the song and continues it!

Yeah sure

Use git version and build/compile it yourself.
Don't download it from shitty/criminal download websites

Download it and see for yourself :P

hope not i cant sing for shit lol. though playing a song using voice sounds useful

Nice new version today

i have been using Smplayer for years now ( mostly because of the easy way to fetch subtitles and the classic-mplayer shortcuts )
but the windows version struggles a lot with 1080p videos ( i have a 720p output ) for anything x264 related, will mpv solve this?

>he fell for the mpv meme

Is there a fix for the disappearing mouse pointer bug?

not a meme dude

no

Every once in a while I come into a new feature or bug that I want added or fixed, and I type them down, so I'm gonna post some of them here in case anyone knows how to achieve them:

> Disable chapter markers on the seekbar*1
> "osd-scale-by-window=no" doesn't work for the seekbar*1
> Find a subtitle down loader that searches for a second subtitle after the first one downloaded (ex. subliminal downloads the same one over and over again)
> Display the playback time like "P no-osd cycle_values osd-level 3 1" does, but without the play/pause icon and (%) meter
> If on windowed mode, I leave the video playing, and click on the window without moving it, the video is paused until I let go the left click*2
> Skip "Audio: No" when cycling audio channels
> Ignore subtitles that aren't "eng" / "english"
> Subtitle tracks should be treated separately when delaying subtitles
> Force subtitle into two lines
> Automatically move subtitles into letterboxd black bars by detecting aspect ratio (anybody knows how to make a .lua script that would do something like "IF aspect ratio IS [Y:Z] THEN sub-pos=XX")

*1 - The one that appears when you press up/down
*2 - Note that I don't have left click bound to anything at all

How do I install mpv in fedora? I spent a fucking hour trying to compile shit

I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE MPV for android!

Right now I'm stuck with MX player since stock Android players are underpowered and VLC for Android is shit. I have no way to watch my 10 bit chinese cartoons with animated particle effect fansubs on the train

Why do that when I could just download mpv as-is , which just werks?

Less CPU usage which I need for my machine

Hardware accel that actually works well

Panscan: press E to watch normal 16:9 video on comfy 16:10 monitor (most TV shows are expecting you to have an OOTB-overscanned flat panel TV anyway, so this works pretty well 90% of the time)

Subtitle scaling

It's a meme player. There's a reason most people call it meme-player Sup Forums

What is wrong with you video file, user? It's all fucked up and retarded.

I only used BS player ans splash pro until now, can i move the subtitle down on the black border on this player like in those i mentioned?

in smplayer; yes.
in raw mpv; i dunno lol

It worked fine on MPC-HC and VLC. VLC. That's the sad part.

ei vittu

Is there a way to make mpv take screenshots with your color settings applied (contrast, etc)?

Alright, cool.
Keep in mind that your 10 bit chinese cartoons might not be hardware decodable by your hardware and that it'll fall back to software decoding. If your cpu isn't fast enough then it might get choppy. I'm still investigating what hardware does support it.

>alkaa bisnekseen

also for the mpc-hc babbies from last thread crying about it there's a nextfile/previousfile script on github now.

Opensubtitles.
They are what they are.

really? i've never had a video fuck up on mpv, and i've used it for more than a year now, while also watching a lot of content

it's not a meme player anyway. just because it doesn't work for you that doesn't mean it doesn't suit other people. if you have no problem using vlc/mpc just use that, but i'm nauseated by them so i moved to this and couldn't be more glad it exists (madvr-like quality on macOS? hell yeah).

As an anime pro, is there any reason to switch to mpv from MPC-HC?

yes

How do I disable the new volume "feature" where it resets to 100℅ on every new file?

Explain further.

Compressed HEVC actually works.

scripts make watching seasonal stuff comfy. keeping track of watched files, loading unwatched files and autoplay when torrent finish etc

That does sound quite useful.
Where would I find said scripts? The Github page from the OP?

yes

yes

No. Fucking memempv.

What's wrong with VLC?

It's been almost a decade and newfags STILL ask this.

It's funny because it's true.
Been using SMPlayer since 2006

Too fat.

Can you play minesweeper with YOUR player?
Didn't think so.

wtf i love mpv now

That doesn't answer the question, I guess that's just because you don't have an answer, and you just want to sound edgy.

Damn sure cannot, you got me.

Can you clarify?

VLC is always broken and behind in some way, every day, every year.

Only thing it has is big popularity, but hey so does... google chrome

Works fine for me, never have any issues...ever.

Google chrome - good browser.

For me, VLC won't play HEVC without heavy artifacting and frame drops, while mpv plays it without issue.

Why do I need MPV, if there MPC-HC?

MPC-HC wouldn't play it either.

What?

Lie. (or a pleb)

I didn't want to say IE/EDGE because VLC is an alternative to WMP (windows) and Quicktime (on Macs) and to the default video player (*nix).

Today's problem.

Other OS than Windows (?)

Potplayer - good player?Lol

Wait, I'm getting old, but isn't MPCHC still THE BEST?

Depends on your hardware renderer you have set Nvidia can't do HEVC acceleration

>Other OS than Windows (?)
But why?

MPC-HC best video player. Potplayer/VLC - garbage.

Why not.

Is there something different I'm supposed to do when writing options in the configuration file?
If I use the option --vo=opengl:background="#FF0000" in the command line, it works, but the same line without -- gives an error

Terminating '"' missing for 'background'
Error parsing option vo (option could not be parsed)
/home/username/.config/mpv/mpv.conf:2: setting option vo='opengl:background="' failed.

Why is that?

I'm getting some sick screen tearing with mpv.

I tried default player and it performs a lot better. I tried to play around with vo and hwdecs but couldn't fix. Anyone got ideas? Ubuntu with nvidia.

When one has a fresh install / shop bought device they will get some software to use or replace crappier stuff. In this case they are most likely to find/install VLC first and later hear about other players.

try pbo

Because problems and less choice.

>mpv
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Didn't help. But I don't think it's about mpv because it only tears in fullscreen mode.

>I'm too retarded to make a simple media player work
>other people are just lying when they say they don't have problems

Sounds pretty pleby to me sir. Like I sadi, no problems, ever, sorry you're to inept to get it working for you I guess? It plays any file I have ever thrown at it with zero issues...ever.

welp this fixed it askubuntu.com/questions/587045/screen-tearing-in-netflix-while-full-screen-on-14-04-lts

Should have spent a bit longer researching.

>Mac and Windows problems

>2k16
>Linux
>MEMEMPV
LOL

Werks on my mashine

Potplayer just werks

I saw some modified OSDs for MPV where it stretches along the bottom part of the window...

Can that be done with just config lines? If so share some.

I ain't saying every player is 100% perfect.
How much juice do you have by the way?
VLC can probably play some things if you have enough raw power.

Disregard the temps, speccy doesn't detect APUs properly.

>he fell for he fell for mpv meme meme

script-opts=osc-layout=bottombar,osc-seekbarstyle=bar

What is his name?

big bumb

How do I make this thing stay on for longer? And how do I make it come on more easily?