Microsoft is switching Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 to a cumulative update model similar to the one used by Windows 10...

>Microsoft is switching Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 to a cumulative update model similar to the one used by Windows 10. The company is moving away from the individual hotfix approach it has used thus far for those operating systems.

>Initially, these Monthly Rollups will only contain new patches released from October 2016 onward. Over the next year, Microsoft says that it will extend them to go back in time, slowly integrated all the patches released since the last "baseline." Although not specified, this presumably means Windows 7 Service Pack 1 and Windows 8.1 RTM.

arstechnica.com/business/2016/08/windows-7-8-1-moving-to-windows-10s-cumulative-update-model/

Where were you when Win7 was kill?

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsitpro/2016/08/15/further-simplifying-servicing-model-for-windows-7-and-windows-8-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/windowsitpro/2016/08/15/further-simplifying-servicing-model-for-windows-7-and-windows-8-1/

At least there won't be so much bloat

Finally GWX will the force-installed, just in time for the Christmas-Giveaway.

Thank you, Nutella.

>install SP1
>never install updates
problem solved

This remove the literally hundreds of updates you'd otherwise have to install after a fresh Windows installation. How can you possibly think this is a bad thing? Are you fucking retarded?

How will you be able to remove the botnet updates if they are included in the update pack?

win update flashed on my screen and I could've swore I had it disabled. I guess I'm going to stick with linux if I can't disable win update completely

Mine was around 4 EB

this turns windows 7 into windows 10 lol

glad my custom ISO's are untainted

This could be good for Windows 7, seeing as it has a known problem when updating after a fresh install.

I just wiped my ssd a month ago, and reinstalled, and it took 2 days to figure out what the fuck was wrong, and why it would freeze on updating.

Hehehehehe oh my goodness. This is a good one for sure.

No, scratch that. This is fucking retarded, and you should be ashamed of yourself for posting such trash. kys

>This could be good for Windows 7, seeing as it has a known problem when updating after a fresh install.
If only Windows would check if KB3102810 is installed and if not would install it before searching for other updates.. If only...

Glad my msdn isos are untainted.

since late 2014 MS hasn't have a single patchday without an update breaking shit.
instead of just not installing that broken update right away you can only choose to not install any updates at all.

it's stupid.

especially since win7 is in extended support phase, so why the hell are they changing its updating-scheme?

they're just butthurt, that's all.

No, 8.1 is definitely better than 10. 8.1 is terrible, and 10 is so much worse.

Hey kid, nice to see you getting out and trying to learn more about computers. Let me clue you in on something: update rollups. See Microsoft used to release batch updates before service packs which allowed updating in one fell swoop (and avoided the pitfalls of constant updates since broken ones were not included). With this new system they're looking to push broken updates anyway.

This is good. It means you'll have to install 5 update packs to get an up-to-date windows 7, instead of manually installing 250 hotfixes.

You're using Windows. You have no right to complain.

8.1 is pretty good if you know what you're doing.
>most windows users are too stupid to press super s to search for things
I didn't even have to see the metro disaster to use 8.1.

ebin win :DDD

>advanced botnet coming to Windows 7
Single boot full Linux autism, here I come!

Reminder that this October is when you can no longer buy windows 7 or 8.1 as a new computer from OEM. It will be windows 10 only for new computers. That's fine, Microsoft is having the year of desktop Linux come early

> using updates

By early you mean forever

Non autistic people dont give a fuck about the botnet meme and use the best os aviable, windows it been like that since forever and will stay like that, linux never will be relevant because peolle wan an os which is usable without copying lines and lines of codes from online tutorials just to have their system broke 2 hours later

Source: real life

Nice try pajeet, but your damage control and FUD and lies aren't going to work.

The marketshare shows that your lonix faggotry doesnt work tho:)))))))

I honestly can't believe Sup Forums has a problem with this. They're literally improving everything about Win10, and you STILL complain. What the fuck do you people want? Will anything ever make you happy?

>updating

>They're literally improving everything about Win10
Windows10 is shit and they make it even more shitty with every new update

>Non autistic people dont give a fuck about the botnet meme and use the best os aviable
Sure, people make a conscious choice when choosing Windows, the same people who don't even know what OS means.

You just hate everything that's new

Yeah because only 2% of the market knows how to install another os

Stop trying to make uo excuses, people simply dont want linux

does this mean forced telemetry and GWX?

>what is service packs

Sorry, I don't suffer from Chronic OS-Reinstall Syndrome.

For the rest, there's "WSUS Offline Update".

>They're literally improving everything about Win10
Yep, the bugs in Win10 are top-notch.

Even if win10 would so shit as you g autists try to paint it, it would still be better than any of the lonix shitros

You mean the shitty lonix-system, which MS added to Win10 because nobody cares about PowerShell?

Yes the shitty lonix system which has 2% marketshare

>M-muh market share
Shill harder pajeet.

>not slipstreaming windows updates
kek

solved

>acting like market share doesnt matter

lonix autismo

People use windows or mac by name alone, regardless of quality. Stop with the ad populum.

If lonix would be that much better that win or mac people would use it

If we followe your logoc then nokia should be the biggest phone company today by name alone

wtf i hate ms now

You can't believe people have a problem with MS collecting data on everything you do?

What would make people happy is if MS outright admitted they were wrong and stopped this bullshit. There is no reason for an OS to do that or for an OS to try and force you to make an MS account to use it.

wtf i hate nokia now

> force to make you a MS account
I'm using a local account on Windows 10 and it's working great. I have no MS account. I think that you simply can't confess to yourself that Windows 10 is the best OS that any programmer could ever dream of.

Assuming you weren't a moron or a troll that is not the point.

It deliberately hides the local account option when it should either be the default or the only option. Everything being linked all the time is idiotic and only benefits companies trying to use you for ad revenue at best.

You are a morally bankrupt piece of shit for even pretending to defend the practice.

No, I just hate every Microdick OS that came after Windows 7

>It deliberately hides the local account option
I found it easily. Let me guess: are you one of those morons that call something bad only because they can't spend 20 seconds of their life on adjusting it like they wish?

WOW COMPANIES USE U FOR THEIR ADS?

WTF THAT NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE, ITS TOTALLY NOT WHAT HAPPENING SINCE THE FIRST COMPANY

10/10 move OP, are you retarded?
The rollup was also very nice.

here too? fuck.

every time I try it fucks up the installer or the iso.
I used nLite and "WUD".

I also disabled "conflicting updates".
Yet the resulting iso won't install 100%.
Last time it threw me a cmd.exe window and it just stayed there, never to finish installation.

Modify the update pack

This is the perfect opportunity for a new OS to swoop in and take the reigns.

>Source: real life
Enjoy living in your ass?

Using linux. Faggot.

> ctrl alt delete
Instead of ctrl shift escape
Kill yourself

>nokia
literally who?

Installed two win10 VMs earlier and you're full of shit.

Enterprise ltsb.

>dat 6.5gb footprint