Is it time for the Nvidia control panel to die? Who even uses these particular settings...

Is it time for the Nvidia control panel to die? Who even uses these particular settings? Do they even do anything with modern games?

Yes, I hate that thing. Small boxes with scrollbars. If texture filtering quality was on max by default, I'd probably never even see it.

It has a few uses like panel overclocking and adjusting game settings, so no, it's not entirely useless unlike most bundled software.

Nvidia really does need a revamp.

Based AMD for style points.

Fuck off, it's fine as it is.

remind me why every setting needs its own 100x300px box

Meh

It scales

Try

Pajeet-tier interfaces. Thanks India

Dude, nVidia control panel has been around before India had electricity.

I use it sometimes to force specific programs to render at specific settings. It would be sad to see functionality going away.

Radeon settings master race.

for anything important (generally capping framerates and whatnot), I'll be using nVidia Inspector anyway

I don't know if it's something specific to my machine, but Nvidia Control Panel takes an eternity to load the actualy "settings" subpanel...

>dat 2006-esque transparency

same here

I always set it to performance.

Remind me why there isn't a simple option in there to enable and disable eyefinity?

Same. Also the taskbar icon appears again every time I close it

>just when you thought gaudy Flash based interfaces were dead

Into the trash. The catalyst control center had more features.

>who uses anti aliasing
Are you only 12 OP?

I used these settings to bring texture filtering, antialiasing and everything as low as possible back when I used windows. It's pretty useful.

>style points

The Nvidia Control Panel and Catalyst are the best GPU control panels we'll ever get. Crimson and that shit Nvidia has now is complete garbage.

How does this makes you feel?

looks gay

I use it to force GPU scaling because it looks cleaner than monitor scaling. It's a convenient setting to have because you can tell an emulator or something to use 640x480 and then your GPU will scale it to full screen at the correct aspect ratio.

You can remove the skin and have it look like win95.
Also, Not using this nowadays is just being a pleb. You can change clocks and fan settings manually, set a temperature limit or even an fps preference so the card increases the settings by itself to reach the desired fps.

What a bunch of cucks in this thread. Just use nvidiainspector like any sane person would do.

Your shit is inferior

Still better than Catalyst or Crimson.

>nvidia
lol just lol

That's why I love AMD. Every time I feel bad about spending a stupid amount of money on Nvidia or Intel products I remember how AMD is complete fucking shit and then I feel slightly better

Nvidia is like a Corsair-tier company, that sees itself as this serious professional company with industrial designs. That's why this control panel is never going away.

Wow this shit still exists? I saw this shit on the 7000 series. Been on ati/amd since

>Nvidia is like a Corsair-tier company
You mean shit?

Can't games be made so that driver updates become obsolete?

Can't a general driver be included in the OS? Without a performance impact.

Nvidia pretty much have to provide an optimized driver for every game now.

And stupidity.
"Let's make the graphics card overclocking tool use advanced graphics features, so if anything goes wrong you can't get back in to reset it."

I think it's just the nature of the thing. However, with DX12 and Vulkan, a lot of work that was handled by drivers and APIs is now the responsibility of engine programmers.