Graphics cards

Hey guys, i need you help.

do you reccommend 2x AMD RX 480s in crossfire or 1 Nvidia GTX 1070?

Please help me guys!! i am about to buy them!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cWS02ajdR4Q
youtube.com/watch?v=WZ_5p9wd2dk
wccftech.com/nvidia-volta-succeed-pascal-2018/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>them
there's your answer fa m

Recommend**** sorry

lol i'm about to buy 2 RX 480s or 1 1070

Crossfire/sli never a good idea imo, better spend money on a single card. Even tho you might get more power at a slightly lower cost with cf the support for games it's not consistent, so you might end up having some games where the 1070 Is faster or some where one graphic card is not even used

Multiple card is never a good idea.
Never was, never will be. It was only invented as a gimmick to get people to buy two cards.

My goal is getting over 60 FPS in any game

not in dx12/vulkan apparently fa m, the api is supposed to handle crossfire/sli seamlessly

get the 2 480s

1070 if you're retarded
2 RX480s if you're even more retarded
Wait for Vega/Volta if you're not retarded

WTF are VEGA/VOLTA?

memes

will 650W be enough for this build?

I'm no Nvidia shill I got a R9 390 myself.

A very pro tip here.

NEVER
EVER
EEEVEEEEER

Buy Crossfire or SLI ANYTHING.

First games don't have profiles by default. So you need to wait for driver updates.

Then when you update it it sucks.

Macostutter is a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=cWS02ajdR4Q

Look at Digital Foundry. Here.

CROSSFIRE SUCKS. SLI SUCKS.

ALWAYS BUY ONE GOOD GPU.

MORE THAN ENOUGH!

Please for the love of god don't go with an AMD CPU. Please.

youtube.com/watch?v=WZ_5p9wd2dk

If you need to go 1070 get a 6600K.

i have an AMD cpu, it's good if you don't have a lot of money!

WTF ARE GOOGLE

>posts a benchmark with the FX-8350
>recommends another CPU that costs much more
the cooler is in the picture

>Wait two years for Volta
>""""""smart""""" move
Helo reditto

then play at 640x480 at lowest quality with what you currently have, faggot

First of all it's WTF IS**

i can't find it on google so stfu

>he doesn't know it will come next year

Is now a good time to buy a 1070 (UK?)

I still feel fairly iffy putting down £400 for one of these cards. I thought their MSRP was supposed to be quite a bit lower - will a drop happen any time soon?

Notice how unstable as fuck the FX-8350 is...

Average frame rates don't tell the whole story user. AMD CPUs tend to have microstutter. Huge spikes in frame time...

For anyone saying buy intel CPUs, FUCK OFF We don't have money, if we have it we would've never asked you

Just looking at the i7-6800k
is it really DDR4 ready?

>2018
>Next year
>2016 -> 2018 - 1 year
>Hurr Durr

wccftech.com/nvidia-volta-succeed-pascal-2018/

actually I have the money but I never owned an Intel CPU because I never cared and like to save money
the shilling here is still really annoying
>ask question about AMD
>ROFLMAO BUY INTEL GOYIM
>t-thanks

>currytech
High quality source m8

Kek

Yes it's DDR4 native.

AMD CPUs aren't even USB3 native. They use 3rd party shit on motherboards...

>Google searched
>Countless results of the same thing come up
>Copy and paste first one
>Hurr Durr nice source ediot xDDD
>Doesn't provide own source
>Redito vsmart

Yes, for future games that use DX12 that might be true. For the millions of games already launched that you might want to play it won't be. Plus it will use cosiderably more power.
I'm all up for AMD to rise against the Jews, but if the price is the same, the answer is obvious.

I currently have a 1070, because i only have a 1080p monitor i am thinking about selling it and getting a 1060, because it seems like an overkill.

is 1060 sufficient for 1080p gaming?

In all honestly I'd recommend going 6600K over say a 1060 vs 480.

I'd buy a 6600K with a RX480 right now if money was the issue.

Because down the line that 6600K will work for 5 years and you can buy a new GPU in 2~3 years that will beat the shit of the current 1080 for 200$ .

People are still happy with their i5-2500k! AMD can still sell the FX-8350 because of the same reason CPU development slowed down to a fucking crawl.

The i5-6600k isn't even 50% better then the i5-2500k...

Meanwhile a GPU from the a 460/560 or 4850/5850/5870 sure as fuck won't do anything in todays games.

Yes.

Most retarded argument in existence
>look guys but Doom and Hitman, 2 shit games no one gives a damn about
>b-but all the other games that will surely come out

Literally not a shred of evidence to support that claim. If you want to buy something and justify the purchase based on games that MIGHT COME OUT IN THE FUTURE, why not just wait until said games are out and the prices of the GPUs dropped? I simply dont get why people continuously spout this garbage.

>Literally not a shred of evidence to support that claim.
Are you saying there is literally not a shred of evidence that more games will come out supporting DX12?
Do you understand what the word 'literally' means?

Well to be fair Vulcan is the future theres no disputing that you can't even try.

But Crossfire and SLI will never work. It's simply the way the cards are connected. They need to be connected and talk the the CPU a lot more efficiently then they do now. and that isn't happening with software alone.

Spikes are no problem when you mine buttcoins or do research on GPU based software. But when it comesot frame times such as shown here

You can clearly see that both buying a AMD CPU and going SLI/Crossfire is frametime suicide. You will get microstutter and it will ruing you perfect 120 fps ULTRA settings.

I'd rather play on 60 fps then get microstuter at 120.

The point is that you people try to justify your purchase by claiming that all future games will be Doom and Hitman. All future games will clearly favor DX12 and Vulkan (and therefore AMD, which isnt even guaranteed to be the case either).

How many DX12 games are confirmed for the coming year? Like 15? How many of those are even worth bothering with? Like 5? If you want to buy a GPU for performance NOW, then you have to buy Nvidia. If you want to buy a GPU for performance in games that MIGHT come out some time in 2017+, then you might as well wait to be sure about the shit that you constantly spout ending up being the case. No need to rush.

And your cant be sure that Nvidia wont find a way to get rid of its Vulcan 'problems'.

Don't buy the 9590, just get a regular 8350 and OC it. They're the same chip.

Your can't be sure they will.

>How many DX12 games are confirmed for the coming year? Like 15?
Oh so we have 15 shreds of evidence, as opposed to 'literally none'. I don't care about GPU brand wars user, misusing that word just triggers the fuck out of me.

Are you fucking retarded? I never even said that there wont be ANY other DX12/Vulkan games. That part clearly referred to loads of games that favor AMD hardware the same way Hitman and Doom do. The problem isnt that people for AMD favored games to come out, but rather the fact that they basically pretend for every single title to be like them.

Best buying strategy. Dont buy the abomination oc 8350 for 300. Go i5 6600k and rx 480 or rx 460 and wait for vega or buy used fury x

i'm a radeon fanboy, get the 1070. sli, crossfire is only useful if you already own a card to get extra speed

I'd pick up a Fury X instead of two 480's. It demolishes anything Nvidia has out right now last I looked (DX12).

>wait for this wait for that
theres always something more to come later faggot

This. Fury series truly made AMD a valid option again.

Crossfire is shit

AMD is shit

Get the 1070

>AMD is shit
wonder who this could be

400 Watt would probably be enough, 500 is surely enough and 650 is nothing but overkill.
The 1070 is a good card, I'd get a Zotac or EVGA though (longer guarantee).
As you stated you don't have money, try getting a used 9590 or something. They should be rather cheap, as they aren't that highly regarded.

>The 1070 is a good card

If you say so champ.

>>AMD is shit

Well they really are, everything they make is total shit compared to Nvidia and Intel

>9590

Are you fucking stupid? Get an i5

>comparing the GTX 1070 with the RX 480

Kek

If you have the money, go for the GTX 1070, also if you want to play some VR games in the future.

Don't listen to those retarded guys here, look at various review sites and look at the benchmarks in games, and compare it also with the power consumption, noiselevel.

>stated you don't have money
I didn't

you need to go back
how about one i can read yurotard

>Bitcoin Mining
>H.265-Codec LAV Filters
>(FPS)
>Full HD
>Ultra HD
>Watt
If you actually can't read that, your last worry should be AMD or nVidia

Sorry, I thought this was you. If you got the money, get the newest Intel platform then, since it features DDR4, M2 and that kind of stuff, which you'll be able to use when upgrading in the future.

Or wait for ZEN, if that's an option. But if you're already asking for buyers advice, you probably don't want to wait.

Kek, butthurt AMD drone detected.

The graphs are pretty much self-explaining.
Get a grip you smally fry.

AMD has nothing in the range of GTX 1070 to GTX 1080.

It's not even a question, Pajeet.

You need to go back >>>/reddit/

Yup honestly AMD is just plain garbage. Slow as fuck everything and horrible power efficiency and horrible heat.

I actually wanted to wait but AMD pushes the realease further back all the time
waiting for AMD really sucks

sli and crossfire scaling sucks in games, youre better off getting 1 gpu

also most games dont use the second gpu thus only 1 card is being used

Riddle me this anons.
How much more is the right fan worth over the left fan?

SLI/Crossfire isn't worth it.

I know that feel. I wanted to go with AMD this time as well (again), but the RX 480 customs just didn't get released an when they were, they were too expensive.
Now I just got a 1070 and shit's good tbqh.
If you don't want to wait, just go ahead and get a nice Skylake (is that the current gen? I'm not up2date with CPUs at all) CPU with a EVGA/Zotac 1070. You can just buy AMD next time, hopefully.
I'd go with an i7 btw. not an i5. Seems like newer games actually use the virtual cores, which results in more stable framerates.
I was way too disappointed with Bulldozer, to wait for an AMD CPU release again.

you want retarded level noise get the left one

>Wait for Maxwell if you're not retarded
>Wait for Pascal if you're not retarded
>Wait for Volta if you're not retarded
I just want a new gpu to replace my 670.

>MUH GRAPHS
>AMDrone
rope yourself you complete aspie

then get a 480 and stop waitfagging

just wait more

dubs of truth

/thread

I'm not here to tell you to buy intel or AMD.
As everyone already said , the 9590 is retarded when the 8350 exists and is overclockable. You also need a damn good mobo to run the 9590 or it will catch on fire (there is a video on youtube of a 970 krait on fire). Intel would be better down the line because s1151 has potential upgrade choices while the am3 socket is close to its end with am4 coming soon(tm). At the end it all depends on you.

Also 2 gpu setups are retarded if you can afford an equally well performing single gpu. They are not guaranteed to work on all games and you will have significantly more power consuption.

670?u modern bastard,i run 560 :^)
I ve got 1500$ saved on new computer but this year it looks like it is not worth it with zen coming.

Want one, or need one?

i'd rather have that 670 than my 750 Ti any day of the week.

Now that Pascal is new, I would just bite the bullet. Waiting is only worth it if you know that new stuff is coming very soon, and Volta is certainly at least a year away, most likely even more.

zen leaked, about as good as last gen intel i7

not worth waiting that long for new shit to come out.

Oi check dis bad boi out mate
Comes out at the end of august

>AMD CPUs aren't even USB3 native. They use 3rd party shit on motherboards...

Are we at the point where USB controllers are now on workstation CPUs?

fellow waiting Keplerfag, I feel your frustration.

just got a 480 because I got sick of waiting for HBM2 cards and I didn't want to get "legacied" again by NV, even if Polaris burns with the fury of 1000 suns.

Will hopefully lay my hands on a Vega or equivalent Pascal card early next year though.

I wish I could buy that hat. Pretty fucking stylish.

that cooling isn't gonna be enough. you'll need water cooling if you value your VRM especially considering the 9590 has a TDP of 220W....

Or get a used 980ti... :)

changed the whole build already a couple times
I don't know what to do
Fuck AMD
fuck computers
fuck technology
fuck everything

If I could find one for less then 400 damn dollars I would.