Google New OS

Do Windows 10 issues, forced updates, inconsistent UI will make Google Fuchsia spread more simple?

Other urls found in this thread:

androiding.how/how-to-install-twrp-recovery-via-fastboot/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dude what w10 issues? Just disable updates and you're good to go

Does it run Android applications or is everyone going to have to remake their shit for another new platform

Hopefully. I also hope it's not a full blown botnet. I can already see them making it have twice the ads, spyware and cancer as windows 10 and justify it by saying "Microsoft did it too :^))"
But maybe, just maybe it will be amazing and btfo windows once and for all as a workstation and as a gayming os

>brand new OS
>need to disable updates for it to not be a pain in the ass
>not thinking this is a major fucking issue

> Mobile apps on desktop
> Candy Crush Saga preinstalled
> 4 different UI in a single OS, wow

and you told me to "Just disable updates?" I'm not a paranoid gentooman on privacy, but man, Windows 10 looks like a big massive turd defecated by Satya Nadella after thanksgiving day.

Is it going to be a desktop os?

They are most likely going to support linux syscalls just like MS did with Win10, and if they do, all android stuff will work out of the box.

The next Chrome OS will run android apps. I think it will be the same for Google Fuchsia.

It will be a very good botnet, not a shitty botnet as Windows 10. Also there will be software with ads as Windows 10 also has.

WHAT IS IT EVEN FOR?

WHY WONT THEY TELL US?

If it's basically a Linux where Android shit can run natively I'm on fucking board.

It's seems that they want to do a business OS and not a Kid OS like Chrome OS.

I'm just speculating.
But considering it's not that difficult, it would be very silly of them not to.

Another question: Do Gnu/Linux will survive after Google OS?

Of course. They're not even competing. Google's OS will only run on a very limited set of hardware.

It's going to be an universal OS. They are also doing a Raspberry PI 3 version.

My bet is some sort of internet of thing shit

No CPU is too small for the botnet

>It's going to be an universal OS
Well, that's real fucking vague

The Google botnet runs at the service level, not necessarily the OS level. This is why you can get Android images that don't include any Google stuff at all. The botnet begins when you connect to Google servers, and Google has no reason to change that because, let's be real, the suite of services Google offers is pretty badass.

Google has the manpower to develop an elaborate OS rather quickly.

Look at Chromium, for fuck's sake. 14,5 million loc, and it's quite recent compared to Firefox, which has about 13,5 million loc (it had 10 two years ago)

I'm I agree what you just said.

>universal os
So it belongs in the trash. Windows 10 is "universal" too. I don't want crap designed for small touch screens on my desktop.

Google already has a OS its called ChromeOS but for some reason they decided it was going to be relegated to dedicated hardware which they were going to sell for no profit.

What would make sense from a purely business perspective is to unify ChromeOS with Android, increasing the app library and then liberating the OS to the masses for free or for a minimal fee, one could look at Chrome devices as simply a way to test the market, now several years later they see people would buy them and know what the problems with the devices are and with the Windows10 upset all they have to do is tweak their linux distro to suit the general normie needs and it's gonna be a success.

>no software
>can't run Android or Win32 programs
It's already DOA

how do you pronounce fucksia

I wonder if they will try to make it hard to get root access on their new operating system.

>i wonder
Really? Really?
They made root hard on Linux.

ESL, but I think it's supposed to sound like Fooshi-ya. Or Foosh-ya.

Or a guy with a lisp saying "Fuck You", whatever sounds best.

I'm talking about how they ruined android.
>pretty much impossible to get root if your device isn't popular
>gimped access to "external" SD cards (they ruined it to the point where you have to call them external because internal storage is considered a SD card for some reason)
>changing everything around with every release and breaking how storage works

KitKat is when Android started dying.

Few shuh

And I'm saying that you shouldn't be wondering. There's no way they won't do the same for their new OS.

...are there phones that can't be rooted via fastboot or is this guy just dumb?

My tablet crashed when I tried rooting it through fastboot. I had to wait for the battery to run out because I couldn't shut it down.

Were you trying to flash SuperSU directly from fastboot, or flash the recovery in order to use the recovery to root?

I followed the guide from the F-droid wiki.

I'm looking forward to Debian GNU/Fuchsia

>why?
>microkernel
>drivers in userspace and written in other languages than C
>no X11/Xorg/Wayland/Mir etc
>built-in compositor

That guide flashes the root files via fasboot and requires shell interaction from the user. It's more complicated than it needs to be.

I suggest trying again, but instead of flashing root directly from fastboot, you should try flashing TWRP for your device, then using TWRP to flash root. It's simpler and more likely to work (but no guarantees).

androiding.how/how-to-install-twrp-recovery-via-fastboot/

This is correct.

The colour is painful to look at.

>This guide assumes that your device has an unlocked bootloader
Well, I don't, so this isn't for me.
>tfw fell for the mediakek meme

kek

Why the fuck do they keep trying they are still shit at this android trash chrome OS trash besides are reaching this point when we don't even need oses

>hardware incompatibility
>fiasco with it uninstalling legitimate software and drivers
It's a steaming pile of shit. Stop trying to convince yourself otherwise.

As with android there will likely be a certain level of configuration. Aside from having some control, Google offers far better security. Everything is processed by computers instead of having pajeets intervene. Not to mention windows is now built entirely by pajeets rather than east Asians and white people.

Wow, you're really reaching for that Microsoft hate.

Normies love Win10, and that's all that matters, since they're the ones that spend the money.

You little freetard faggots don't spend shit, so noone care about your nitpicky issues.

>Normies love Win10
I don't remember seeing any normalfag enjoy that piece of crap. At best they are just indifferent about it because that's what they have.

I have several friends using it. They're tech illiterates, which most normies are. They upgraded just because "hey there's a new OS".

So they don't necessarily like it, they just use it because it's the new thing and they got it for free or something. Do they tell you how great 10 is? I don't think so.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

No, probably not.

Google Fagbois just really wanna chug whatever cum Google can spew.

Yes. They say "interface looks great", "it uses hardware more efficiently and is faster", "it was free, what else am I supposed to use". Tech illiterates don't know if an OS is good or not, if it works and is user friendly to them they'll use it. Truth is Microsoft has aggressive advertising which makes people use it, they grow up with it and literally cannot be bothered to learn to use any other OS.

Linux and Mac Os are universal too u know?

>Google's very own Windows 10
No thank you. I'll stick with my libre respecting nix.

Since when does Sup Forums shill this hard? This essentially reads like "it's okay when Google does it"?

>Linux is an operating system