Let's settle this once and for all

Let's settle this once and for all.

strawpoll.me/11005142

Other urls found in this thread:

overclockers.co.uk/zotac-geforce-gtx-1060-mini-6144mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-106-zt.html
overclockers.co.uk/powercolor-radeon-rx-480-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-187-pc.html
overclockers.co.uk/xfx-radeon-rx-480-gtr-xxx-edition-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-with-backplate-gx-23i-xf.html
overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/graphics-cards/nvidia?sPage=1&sSort=3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No. Fuck off with your shitty nvidia vs amd crap.
Stop caring so much about what others like and restrain yourself from making worthless threads like this again.

What's the problem, user? Too poor to be part of the masterrace?

Your stupid for worrying which is better, if you were smart, you would want them to be pushing each other

intel

A lot of strong words from someone who settled for AMD

no one here likes nvidia now

I like nvidia

then you need to go back

I have both boards opened.

>nvidia user
>goes to Sup Forums
not surprised at all

Why would you be surprised?

You are obviously new here so take this advice

Leave we fucking hate your kind here now go back to Sup Forums

I'm been browsing Sup Forums for few years.

no you haven't now fuck off

Why so angry user?

Have your amd card crashed your rig again? Or the electric bills arrived?

>literally unable to communicate without memes
telltale signs of newfag Sup Forums spillage

I'm still here.

not him but
>these 2
>memes

>Sup Forums humor

Sup Forums is filled with 3rd world poorfags, what a sad state of affairs

no we just aren't cucks like you now fuck off back to Sup Forums shill

Crossfire 295x2's over everything

Don't play yourself, dude. Go with nvidia.

>nvidia are jews and make you pay extra for features like gsync
>amd gives you features for free and is slightly cheaper for the same performance

AMD users are rich...we don't look at electric bills we are on paperless auto billing.

BATTERY 4 LIFE

please look up how much 50W costs per month

Im surprised how close to 50-50 the poll is, especially with how many "AMD hate threads" Nvidia shills start.

I guess thats just proof that Nvidia shills and overflow from Sup Forums runs rampant on this board.

>Slightly cheaper for much worse performance, much higher temps, and much higher power usage

FTFY

>AMD users are rich

3rd world poorfag detected

>Slightly cheaper for much worse performance
then why are all the reviews saying RX 480 is just as fast as 1060, and faster at higher resolutions?

>much higher temps
10c

>much higher power usage
this is the only thing that's true in your post, but, see

I voted AMD ironically.

The 1060 is way faster than the 480, pic related

thanks for the poll link. i'll finally be able to use this as evidence this board is riddled with amd fanboys and that the're the sole reason this board has gone to shit.

>12%
>way faster

t. Sup Forumsirgin

12% faster, 10% cheaper. based nvidia.

Nvidia is evil but AMD is shit.

'no'

Its settled, I have the .jpgs to prove it

>{"success":"success","returnUrl":"/11005142/r"}

awesome homepage you got there user

AMD for the processor.
Nvidia for the GPU.
Best pairing.

>1060
>cheaper
but it's not...

it is for me. gtx 1060 is so cheap its the same price as ref 480 8g

Here in the Netherlands it is. Literally no reason to consider AMD here.

your imagination doesnt count. i've checked two of the most popular sites in sweden plus newegg and the 1060 is at least $10 more expensive everywhere

lol i love nvidia

NO ITS IS NOT

>evga beast card only 10 more than a shitty ref card

fucking sick deal

Legit. AMD fanboys are the worst kind of people because they are literally supporting inferior products.

Thank you crypto miners.

In some countries the 480 is more expensive than the 1060

Really sad, literally no reason to buy a 480 when the 1060 exists

>Buys Nvidia because bought card during time when nvidia had better value or bought when amd had better value but gave in to Sup Forums nvidia shilling

>gets mad that people bought amd and are just as happy

>"AMD A SHIT HEAT AND USE SO MUCH POWER WOW AMD BLOWN THE FUCK OUT USES SO MUCH POWER ENJOY YOUR ELECTRICITY BILL AMDORKS!"

>Has refirbished 2005 dell server running minecraft for his 2 friends 24/7 and a mini fridge running 24/7 because hes too lazy to walk to the kitchen for his mountain dew

>his parents pay electric

Every poster pretending AMD higher power consumption isnt negligible.

there are 1 of each 480 and 1060 in B-grade stock but i won't count those since there's only 1 and B-grade is shitty repackaged garbage anyway.

>cheapest good 1060 (£235) - not counting the cheaper £229 reference style 1060 since its fucking trash
overclockers.co.uk/zotac-geforce-gtx-1060-mini-6144mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-106-zt.html

>cheapest rx 480 reference card (£229)
overclockers.co.uk/powercolor-radeon-rx-480-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-187-pc.html

>cheapest rx 480 AIB in stock (£265)
overclockers.co.uk/xfx-radeon-rx-480-gtr-xxx-edition-8192mb-gddr5-pci-express-graphics-card-with-backplate-gx-23i-xf.html

the rx 480 has such shitty pricing that there is only one reference card that is within £5 of a aftermarket gtx 1060. all the rest are insanely more expensive (pic related). go and damage control somewhere else shill.

freesync so i dont have to pay $100 extra for a gsync premium

Freesync is garbage compared to g-sync. In the end, you get what you pay for.

but i dont pay for freesync, it's free. also calling bullshit.

The only right answer isn't even on there and that would be both are fucking shit and PC gaming is fucking gay.

>caring what other people think

kek

You know, one of the reasons why I didn't buy AMD R9 290X is actually because of the colossal power consumption and TDP - I can't dissipate the heat, don't have the airflow for it. When I upgraded my PC I actually decreased power consumption by using a ~72W Xeon processor instead of my old undervolted i5 750 which by stock is supposed to pull 95W but combined with a cheap board and just being a generally shitty consumer processor it had 10% higher power consumption on average. Power bill went down by 5 EUR a month which I used to upgrade Internet connection from 100/100 to 300/300.
Oh yeah and autonomy time is now over 1 hour off the power grid. You won't be doing that with a R9 290X.

Maybe the fact that now I have 2 solid state and 3 mechanical HDDs instead of 5 mechanical and 1 solid state helps a lot too.

It's not negligible if you actually care about that stuff and have to pay for power. It's probably true that most people don't really care about that shit, but I sure as fuck do.

>had to replace CPU, HDDs, and GPU to make point that GPU power consumption isnt negligible.

>all that work over 5 eur a month
>thinks 5 eur a month is substantial
>After making a big deal about 5eur a month being a big deal proceeds to talk about how he used it to buy thing he didnt need

wow... fucking 5 dollars

The argument for going with AMD because of value of money is irrelevent because you can just buy a second hand Nvidia card for a lower price which means you won't be buying overpriced crap and as a bonus you're not giving money to a shit company.

or you can buy the end of life card like the gtx 900 series cards for piss cheap due to retailers wanting to get rid of old stock. there are msi gtx 980 ti's going for £350 or if you're not that rich gtx 970's going for £180. all of which are cheaper than there competitors from amd (fury x, 390)

overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/graphics-cards/nvidia?sPage=1&sSort=3

>inb4 gimping
>inb4 3.5gb

I didn't replace GPU. I still use the same GTX 980 as I did before. It's the R9 290X performance equivalent I ended up with.

oh god, i know Sup Forums is fucking cancer, but I love you guys. every single one of you.

Also I have to point out that difference between processors is 10% which amounts to about 20VA, while the GTX 980 vs R9 290X is something like 40-100VA.
That's no longer 5 EUR, that's more like 10-25 EUR. Need to up fan voltages from 5 to 12, too. That's another 20VA

>He thinks there's a difference between FreeSync and Gsync

Anything to justify your Nvidia tax, fanboy.
I bet you think Founders Edition means anything too.

>Shit processor from a company run by poo in loos with a God tier GPU
why?

>god tier
shill

nvidia not supporting displayport adaptive sync seems like a dick move just to recoup gsync dev costs, but it's not like I can go with amd

amd doesn't have anything in the same class as the 1070/1080, do they?

Name one single gpu AMD card that beats the GTX 1070 or 1080.

Freesync is to prevent tearing at low fps.

G-Sync is a gaming revolution for true 1ms response gaming.

they havent even fucking made a gpu to compete in that bracket you fucking retard.

>[citation needed]

I always rolled with Nvidia but FreeSync forced me to get AMD.

I aint gonna pay 1000 burgerbucks for a monitor when there's a 450 dollar one that does exactly the same shit.
>b-but Gsync is just better!!! its The Way Its Meant to be Played!!!

>a gaming revolution for true 1ms response gaming
Sounds like some marketing straight from Nvidia's ass, good job on the shilling, Kim.

FreeSync makes my games silky smooth, same as Gsync does. What's it matter if Nvidia has some bullshit stuff you wont even notice and have to pay double the money for?

Meanwhile Nvidia's laptop offerings are faster than AMD's best desktop card.

AMD is soooooo btfo they will never recover.

Any modern (keyword) unlocked AMD GPU built after 2014. If you know someone on the inside of AMD GPU manufacturing you can get an unlocked card with possibility to upgrade VRAM.

They have had 2x the VRAM and processing power of the 1080 for years now, Nvidea is so far behind its laughable

Yes it makes them silky smooth but there is more input lag with FreeSync with more frame rate drops and its noticeable when you play the two side by side.

>gaming laptops

>[citation needed]

Look at this faggot pajeet, you can tell the highlight of his day was an excuse to wipe the blackboard in their break room and shitpost about it on twitter.

I'm surprised they get anything done at all with this toxic faggot driving away all their talent.

fuck off tripcunt

Shiiiiiit it's ON MAMA

Wtf i hate nvidia now

>no option for dragon dildos

It's 50W per second of usage, not per month.

that was implied you autistic fuck

>Meanwhile Nvidia's laptop offerings are faster than AMD's best desktop card

Seriously that's fucking hilarious.

AMD is so fucking shit.

G-sync is much much better.

Freesync doesn't even work in windowed mode, complete deal breaker

If only this was a YLYL thread

What the fuck are you going to use it for in Windowed mode? Touhou? Minecraft?

probably gay sex simulator, preparing for his meeting with Kim

if only this was a cringe thread