If you use an IDE you don't really know how to code and don't deserve to call your self a programmer

If you use an IDE you don't really know how to code and don't deserve to call your self a programmer

Other urls found in this thread:

gitlab.com/roth1002/build-web-application-with-golang/blob/master/en/08.1.md
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm fine with this

>posts a picture of vim configured as an IDE
sage

if you use a calculator you don't really know how to do math and don't deserve to call your self a mathematician.

seriously what does it matter as long as the output is good

>b-but you're not a REAL programmer!
who the fuck cares, your boss isn't going to chew you out if you don't remember the solution to a particular problem and look it up online

If you don't use an IDE you're likely not a professional programmer

My old step dad worked in IT as a very, very high up manager. Worked for quite a few companies, most notably JP Morgan and Mercedes Benz F1.
His attitude was always that if you don't know the answer to a problem, look it up and if you can't figure it out, then you've got a real problem.
Expecting people to be superman is stupid. Nobody can remember everything ever.
Instead, expect people to know how to work around their problems and find the solutions.

from the code he posted you can clearly tell that he isnt

>shits on people using IDEs
>shows off a picture of a frankenvim

Nice try.

Ok Sup Forums, i know i'm dumb, but i find it stupid:
On nano i can just press f3+enter to save, on vim i have to press esc+:+w+enter. Am i supposed to exit the "edit mode" everytime i want to save?
Also can vim autocomplete code? On zsh i just type a few letters and it autocompletes everything.

If you use Go you don't really know how to code and don't deserve to call your self a programmer

what you do is use gvim on windows which lets you just ctrl+s even in edit mode

but Google made it

>your self
If you use a dictionary you don't really know how to read and write and don't deserve to call yourself an English speaking person

ides would be fine but instead they just go "lol who cares about text editing features anyway but it's mega important to be able to launch debugger or rename variable with one key otherwise its bad ergonomics!!!"

>Go code
>No IDE
I think you had never maintained a big project, I'm right?

Most of the Go enthusaists I've met look like they just fell out of Bell Labs so I dunno

HOW DOES HE DO IT

If you use a car you don't really know how to walk and don't deserve to call your self a bipedal animal

I can use Vim for very small projects, but thats all. How tf do I make it as featured as a good IDE? I only use nerdtree and youcompleteme

Thanks

I use Acme, am I a real programmer?

The opposite, actually

My fucking head hurts from this jigjag code

that's why I call myself a code artisan

How many months of ricing is required to get your vim to look like that?

I really like it, but I don't want to autistically rice my editor for weeks instead of writing code.

could you share your terminal and vim colors?

>he doesn't feed punchcards into his computer

Pfft normies

> syntax highlighting
n-not an IDE
> code completion
n-not an IDE
> error highlighting
n-not an IDE
> file-tree on the side for easy navigation
n-not an IDE
> multiple tabs capable of running arbitrary shell code, REPL or scratchpad programs
n-not an IDE

Holy shit OP, I use vim in the same faggoty way, but goddamn, if you don't this it's an IDE at this point, you're delusional.
It's like saying you don't run a DE on your arch distro after configuring a shitload of suckless tools and key-bound scripts. Nigga, that IS a DE, a shitty one at that, but it is one.

>he doesn't manually change bits on his hard drive with a magnetized needle and steady hand

> he doesn't violently fart, creating pockets of air of varying pressure, enough to refract the trajectory of random cosmic rays onto the desired point on the hard drive where he wants the bits shifted

I'm okay with this.

Btw if you didn't write your own language and compiler in machine code you're not a *REAL* programmer.

It takes a day or two tops to install all the plugins and then go through their documentation and configure how you want them to behave (invariably, through setting variables in your .vimrc file)
What takes getting used to is the vim bindings, general modal editing and vimscript. Vim is a programming language with an editor and not the other way around. If you aren't interested by that, try any other editor. Even fucking gedit has code completion plugins at this point.

"I'm better than you because I made my life shit" - The thread

esc + shift + z will save in vim.

If you don't use an IDE, you don't know how to take advantage of tools which were designed for your convenience in mind and you don't deserve to call yourself a real programmer.

mom how do i suck my own dick

if by "programmer" you mean "huge faggot" then you're right

that escape key is far away anoon, I prefer Ctrl-C :^)

I'm so used to pressing ctrl+o ctrl+c, I can't imagine myself using any other editor.

gitlab.com/roth1002/build-web-application-with-golang/blob/master/en/08.1.md

Nice vim OP, keep learning go. I'm learnig too
Have you tried begoo? It's from that same guy.

also paste all the plugins you use, I've installed a few and when I paste it comments everything if the first line is commented, copy paste doesnt work, I have to yank and shit

> 4 paragraphs in the liks is the exact code of OP
holy shit OP, nice code artisanry right there, you opened a project skeleton and pressed Ctrl+Space and the prt scr. Rly dinks u tink.

you're a really special programmer

it doesnt. autists just need to feel superior in something

i think sam is better

but yeah the plan 9 editors are good, though i never found out why acme crashes if i run make too much

>his caps isn't bound to escape

How bout the programmers who developed the IDE? R they programmers?

just the fact that he uses go should be an indicator of that

f u op doosh bag dad. I copy and paste off of GitHub all day like the rest of the programmers in the world. Get used to it!

Even at Microsoft most of the actual developers use vim and emacs, even the developers of visual studio. Most of them use macos and Linux too.

>there really are people like this who are more worried about how hip and cool their tools are than how good the final product is

It's no wonder Sup Forums can't even collaborate on a Linux distribution let alone make something actually useful.

I've programmed with IDEs since fucking Turbo Pascal 3. I can probably write an entire operating system in the time you write a fizzbuzz in your "non-IDE" editors you retard.

Next time post at least some of your projects so we can judge if you really can consider yourself superior to us.

okay

>uses caret in smiley
>won't just type "^C" instead of the pretentionus "Ctrl-C"

If you don't drive a 90s Japanese car with manual transmission you're not a programmer

>Not using every tool at your disposal

you are just being a hipster shit

i wish i had a stick shift
nobody i know drives stick and i wouldn't be able to test drive or drive the car home if I did end up buying a stick shift car

tools weaken the mind and poison the soul

nnoremap :w

first post best post
/thread

> My wife's son

shit, actually that should be inoremap

WTF now i hate programming

don't do this is creates mustard gas

what text editor do you use?

I don't.

>replying to obvious bait
kill yourselves

how do you tell time?

It's called the sun, genius

if you don't use an ide you are either an html ``web-developer" or a freetard who writes way more evangelistic bullshit than code.

> Not manually passing current to the processor to input 1's and 0's
You faggots don't deserve to be called programmers

>implying memorizing arbitrary method names and other structural details has anything to do with the expertise of programming
We use an IDE because we want to get shit done without having to memorize the entire fucking layout of every class and method in an SDK

OP the compiler can't tell what editor you used. It doesn't matter. I personally use vim on debian with xfce. Why? So I can use shitty components and not worry about my machine running slow. I don't do it so I can brag about how l337 I am. I don't do it to say how little I use my mouse. Anyways you have a million fucking plugins installed. It looks like an ide made by freshman cs student. If you wanna talk about how cool you are talk about how amazing your code is or the paid research position you just landed. If you're a software "engineer" talk brag about your internship at Google. Oh wait, you're probably some faggot cs student that's gonna end up writing shitty java code while raising your wife's kids.

> Implying memorizing arbitrary tool names and structural standards has anything to do with the expertise of construction workers
KYS, if you have such shit memory that you can't memorize the names of the tools you us you shouldn't be a programmer.

Who the uses IDE anymore?
SATA is wayyy better

Wrote an AI-specific language, tokenizer and parser and the multi-threaded framework it runs in... in C++11.
So... I'm not a fucking programmer?

Gee... Good to know I can come to you when I have a problem with some HTML... and using photoshop... or a wii!

>if you build a race car using CAD programs you don't deserve to be called an engineer
Complex things require advanced tools, have fun compiling a big enterprise C++ project without using an IDE.

> Don't push nails into wood by hand? Using a hammer... like some sort of noob? You fuckin' pussy amateur!

I will take your critique onboard... rest assured!

Why is Go the new shill language this week? Did Sup Forums finally figure out Rust is a toy and a meme?

wtf is ruts lol

That font rendering is excellent.

Linux, Firefox and Chromium are mostly edited by text editors.

MUH ENTERPRISE is not an argument.

>source: ass

This is excellent bait.

There's a reason why no 1337 back in my day punchcard programming grandpas are in any relevant tech jobs outside of university.

CTOs, entrepreneurs, and freelancers use text editors, code monkeys getting paid 35k a year to maintain legacy .NET code use IDEs. No one uses an IDE by choice.

I only use Nano because colors are gay

>if you choose a more productive means to develop you must have a job and i hate you for it

Does Notepad++ count as an IDE?

No one who uses an IDE gets paid more than 35k a year.

I'm 24 and get paid $78,000 a year to use visual studio

Stay in school retard

Such obvious lies. No one is going to pay that much when IDE programmers are a dime a dozen.

You really are just ignorant and one day you'll realize it

I just wish you good luck in the industry and recommend you pick up a few books to give you that edge in the real world

Exactly. Learning Google-fu is super helpful.

>Such obvious lies

That graphic is incorrect. But I do believe web devs get paid more on average than c# and c++ devs

>That graphic is incorrect

So what you're saying is you know more than a hundred million dollar company that specializes in employing professionals internationally?

>web devs get paid more on average than c#

More than half of C# developers are web developers - C# is used to develop ASP .NET web applications (MVC and WebAPI)

I know these people, they got me my first contract jobs right after college and because of them I landed a salary job (my $78k I mentioned earlier). They know their shit. 2 years ago I was making 60k

You know that it's harder to program with an IDE than it is with something like VIM right?

No new websites use those technologies. You must be maintaining legacy code.