Seriously guys how do we fix the programming community?

Seriously guys how do we fix the programming community?

youtube.com/watch?v=BUmV6fsZegs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=100&v=RMnH6XEZ16A
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Systems_programming_languages
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Summary? Can't watch it now.

We keep 42DD infosec womz in the community
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=100&v=RMnH6XEZ16A

Lel the field is cucked.

There you go

these are the people who created the python meme. meanwhile ruby is from honorable japan

I'm not going to pretend to be a master in ruby, but i've tried to understand it and its cryptic af

well some people just aren't very gifted

>implying japan is good at software

Come on user, the bait was so weak ...

Who thought this was a good idea?

Yeah, your bait

>conference about django
>keynote talking about genitals and skin colors
Why pay money to go to this thing? Seriously? No one is talking about the subject of the conference - django - just about the 'problems' in the 'community'.

I'm triggered lads. Going for a walk and then punch a child in the throat.

Be more inclusive of women and people with RGB hair coloring, despite their lack of technical acument/experience.

This video triggered me.

Force mandatory mastery of assembly before anyone is allowed to learn any other languages, that'll weed out the women and children.

Basically this

By telling everyone that uses scripting languages that they aren't software engineers.

Nuke San Francisco

and this:

>scripting languages
Explain how it is a "scripting language", when it is a bytecode-compiled VM-run language just like Java (and there exist other compilers like Cython).

If you don't consider something on this list as being your best language, you're almost certainly not a software engineer. I'll make an exception for Java I guess.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Systems_programming_languages

No, it's a scripting language, don't be stupid.

> no C++
> D
nigga wut, I don't give a shit about cplasplas, but D is basically cpp v2. What makes D more of a systems language than C++?

C++ is like the 30th word on that page.

Ok, I was looking at "pages in []" and not "subcategories". Fair point

>Dodging the question
Why would Python be a scripting language when Java is not?

Her hair is disgusting, she looks like a vagrant. She can't possibly fit through doorways without her hair getting pushed together.

It's so she can hide drugs.

It's classified as a"dynamic" language, but it meets all the points in the first paragraph and one of the most common uses of Python is to execute other programs.

I'd certainly enjoy pentesting her if you get what I mean.

It's dynamically typed, interpreted and often used for scripting. Try writing a short script in Java and kill yourself.

>tfw black neet
>hoping to get a cushy programming job just for being black
gotta hurry up and graduate before they make it harder :^)

>interpreted
Every language gets "interpreted" by something, whether it's an "interpreter" by the traditional sense or a compiler. In the case of both Java and Python, it gets interpreted by a bytecode compiler. The fact that compiling (if the code changed) and running happens in one go is irrelevant.

Start by nuking Sup Forums.

At this point it's mostly beyond fixable. Your only hope is to use a "boring" programming language like C++.

>ruby
>cryptic

a = ["smart", "gifted", "clever"]

(0..2).each { |i| puts "user is so #{ a[i] } !!" }

Because Java gets compiled as a separated step and because even the standard JVM is a marvel of software engineering, unlike CPython.

>> uses (0..2) instead of directly iterating over a

Compared to
for s in ['smart', 'gifted', 'clever']:
print s

That would qualify as cryptic.

That would be less cryptic, since it more clearly describes what it's doing and where 0..2 comes from.

Proper Ruby would be:

['smart', 'gifted', 'clever'].each { |s| puts s }

all that shit

how can ruby even compete with python..

pedantic ruby be like:
puts ['smart', 'gifted', 'clever']

Too late
as soon as Trump is elected, yall go back to shine my shoes BOY

this warning triggers me