Share Logitech receivers?

I lost the receiver for my G700s.... Is there a cheaper Logitech device that I can take the receiver from?

And no I usually don't game on it so no need to complain.

Other urls found in this thread:

support.logitech.com/en_us/software/unifying
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why can't unified receivers for each brand be a thing?
How many would support that idea? I mean I personally only use Logitech products (and an old razor naga), a friend of mine only use SteelSeries and another Microsoft products.
Sure if you game a lot you almost always want to have it wired, but as single adults we are not confined to just a small desk.

>$24 for a replacement receiver

My Zowie has never had this issue

Yeah but if I can find a cheaper mouse that works a replacement for that will be a lot cheaper, thinking of buying a bulk so I always have a receiver available.

You are fucked, the 700/700s receiver is only for that model because of the 1000hz thing, you best bet is a new receiver from amazon or something.

Wth you mean 1000hz? It's interface is 2.4ghz like most other mice's

Sorry I've been trying to find full specification/build on the receiver for hours now without any valid results.. the only info I can find is "hurrdurr 2.4ghz! 12000dpi hurrdurr BUY ME FATTY FAGGUT!"

If I could find the specifics I would get my hands on a few alternatives and see if I can force the g700s driver on the unsupported receiver.

2.4ghz is the wireless wave frequency.

1000hz is the USB polling rate.

I lost my mouse and still have a receiver, wanna have it to try?

The unifying receivers are all the same it doesn't matter where you get it.

support.logitech.com/en_us/software/unifying

Ahh okey, how did you acquire that info?
That would be great, what mouse sis you have?
Ok. But as far as I've read the G700/s did not have a unified receiver, or do you mean I can actually use a Mouse receiver that has that unification thingie?

It does have a unifying receiver.

You sure? I honestly trust you more then myself right now, but if that is truly the case then this became a lot easier.

Open the bottom of the mouse and look near the batteries, there is probably a slot to keep it inside the mouse.

Call Logitech support.

They're usually good. They might be able to sell you a replacement receiver for cheap or even free.

Holy shit didn't notice that slot before. But what has that to do with the unified thing?
Oh is that so?
Wouldn't harm to give it a try then :)

>Why can't unified receivers for each brand be a thing?
It already is, its called bluetooth.

You can store it in that slot iirc

Bluetooth is shit and should die already
Good to keep a backup there.