Ask a guy who's running an insider build of FuchsiaOS anything!

ask a guy who's running an insider build of FuchsiaOS anything!

Other urls found in this thread:

regex.info/exif.cgi?dummy=on&imgurl=http://i.4cdn.org/g/1471381235059.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why would you lie on the internet?

So is it a linux distro that runs android apps or is it an android OS that runs Linux programs?

Can you actually use it like running real programs?

>What is Magenta Kernel

People still use Adobe ImageReady? Wasn't that discontinued years ago? Update your shit user.

So is it a linux distro that runs android apps or is it an android OS that runs Linux programs?

It is not Linux or android
It is fuchsia

Where's the Dock?

Why the fuck did they went with an hybrid kernel?
No userspace drivers > garbage.

So is it a fuchsia that runs android apps or is it a fuchsia that runs linux apps or is it a fuchisia that runs linux + android apps?

This looks potentially interesting

Let's just hope it doesn't end up being one of those niche projects that Google drops after they get to a semi-functional state

I don't know of any compatibility for programs for other operating systems, but since this is google it will probably be very easy to port android programs for it.

If it's just androidx86 again it's not very interesting

It is made from scratch, no android kernel

How is babby formed?

That's Linux you lying cunt

it looks like shit?

This is GNOME or MATE
By all means drop to a shell and post that. Inside builds tend to make that sort of thing easy.

How girl get pragnent?

>even less features than chromium

nah, I think I've got all the info I need.

Fuck, I meant ChromeOS

FOS will require a wrapper as Magenta isn't natively compatible with Linux binaries.
You can install APK's to the OS directly.

It's not linux
No
Here's a screenfetch demonstration that a colleague thought would be cool to port. I can't show too much.
We're still working on the ASCII logo :)

What's the selling feature that would make me switch from linux?

Do you work for Google?

Did they name their OS Fuck Cya on purpose?

How do I get this running for my PC?

Spit or swallow?

there is a list of working devices. it says raspberry pi 3 will soon be working with it.

Quit being such a faggot OP

regex.info/exif.cgi?dummy=on&imgurl=http://i.4cdn.org/g/1471381235059.png

Do you already consider it DOA since it can't natively run Android or Win32 programs for the general population?

Basically will this be another meme desktop OS like Linux?

Where does this imply that OP is a faggot? Unless 'Adobe ImageReady' says something?

/thread

The whole idea is that the OS works out of the box, like OSX but with functionality to work with any machine. For tech junkies there will be sandbox mode and dedicated apps for developers but it's not a priority for first release as these apps will take some time to refine. Android apps will work on Fuchsia but conversely some apps made for Fuchsia will not run on Android for obvious reasons.

These screenshots are taken from a dev discussion/presentation, they're not actually my screenshots. I suspect most of the slide images were formatted, compressed with PS in some form or another.

who even fucking cares. it can't even do shit except load. And if you can ask a real question, Why is it using a kernel that is similar to ones you find in a RTOS?

Send us pics.

>
>The whole idea is that the OS works out of the box,
lots of linux distros work otb

>isn't natively compatible with Linux binaries.

in the trash it goes

Show us some more user.
I'm interested.

> it can't natively run Android
It can and
> Win32 programs
is not the focus of the project. We want to be able to sync seemlessly between Android mobile devices and the machine running the OS. Think of it less as another ChromeOS and more as a Google OS.

Magenta is not an RTOS kernel, it's built from the ground-up as a standard kernel although very light without sacrificing compatibility.

So now we have Android, ChromeOS, and Fuchsi to run android apps? Sounds like Google to me.
I can't wait to install Hangouts, Spaces, Allo, Duo, GVoice and GTalk on it.
And then I'll save webpages using favorites, Save To Inbox, Save To Google, and Save to Keep

>Win 32 programs
Am I being rused?

>> it can't natively run Android
>It can and

>sn't natively compatible with Linux binaries.

lad get your story straight

Is this SkyNet?

it's all horseshit, m8

some asshole posts a pic and tries to convince everyone he's not lying by mouthing off the same facts and rumors we all have already heard.

god these pancake captchas make me hungry

Aren't Android applications targeted at Google's JVM? That would make them Java binaries not Linux binaries.

if i compile bash for arm and whatevr bash needs i can run it from a terminal emulator. if its not a app it does not use jvm

Why wouldn't that fall under his statement?

what the hell did you just say

Linux works out the box too faggot

dont worry i just relisted were i messed up
disregard all my posts

???

BOTNET

Come on more screenshots!

If I implement bash in Java, in theory I can run it on whatever platform a JVM has been ported to.

yeah but no one wants or wants to do that

>three operating systems
>7 messaging apps

fuck google

but that wasn't the point

FUCKING DON'T

Can I play MUH GAYMES on that?

>android kernel
You mean Linux kernel?

No, that would be redundant. You say "The Android kernel" which is Linux, while "the Linux kernel" makes sense when talking about Linux as a product, i.e. product name, product description "The Sony Bravia TV", or "Linus' Linux kernel"; it doesn't make sense when talking about an OS's kernel, you just specifcy the OS section and the product name comes before that.

A real example of this is "The Windows kernel" as opposed to "the NT kernel", context is important since both are valid but not in the same context.

Is it Unix-like?

According to the irc channel. no.

How am I expected to do development on it then?

Is it an actual OS? Like, on par with Windows and MacOS?

Or is it really limited mobile shit like Android or Chrome OS?

games?

What's fuscia os? A new tiling window manager for linux?

What is FOS' purpose?
Tinfoilhat mode: full control?

>sp .i .q fos/screenfetch
Please don't tell me Google is actually retarded enough to make the command flag on their system . rather than -. I thought they would have had the foresight to learn from Microsoft that blindly ignoring established standards in favor of making up your own shit is a bad idea..

Looks like a kde wallpaper.

Dealbreaker. I really hope you have a unix subsytem and/or at least an emulated unix filesystem for unix applications.

>The whole idea is that the OS works out of the box, like OSX but with functionality to work with any machine. For tech junkies there will be sandbox mode and dedicated apps for developers but it's not a priority for first release as these apps will take some time to refine. Android apps will work on Fuchsia but conversely some apps made for Fuchsia will not run on Android for obvious reasons.
So there's absolutely no advantage over Linux other than the ability to run android apps natively?

Make this thread again when you have a reason why I should care, then

>god these pancake captchas make me hungry
I see it's working

It's a ploy by Stallman to stop people from saying FOSS

I KNEW IT
and moot is worshipping RMS feet to get his foot-cheese. Now we know what "social departement" meant.

post more screen shots of how it works or a webm maybe an iso too?