Windows 7 Fresh Install

Just installed Windows 7 after having enough of 10. Feels like home.

I know about some updates I need to install to keep this machine from becoming botnet...

KB2882822 - Update adds ITraceRelogger interface support.
KB2952664 - Compatibility update for upgrading Windows 7 = Windows 7 nagware patch that touts the Windows 10 upgrade.
KB2990214 - Update that enables you to upgrade from Windows 7 to a later version of Windows.
KB3021917 - Update to Windows 7 SP1 for performance improvements (telemetry)
KB3035583 - GWX update installs Get Windows 10 app.
KB3065987 - Windows 10 upgrade for Windows 7.
KB3068708 - Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry.
KB3075249 - Update that adds telemetry points to consent.exe in Windows 7.
KB3075851 - Windows 10 upgrade for Windows 7.
KB3080149 - Update for customer experience and diagnostic telemetry
KB3083324 - Windows 10 preparation.
KB3083710 - Windows 10 preparation.
KB3112343 - Windows 10 Upgrade for Windows 7.
KB3118401 - Allows Windows 10 dependant Universal Runtime apps to run on earlier versions of Windows.
KB3123862 - Updated capabilities to upgrade Windows 7
KB3135445 - Windows Update Client in Windows 7. Windows 10 preparation.
KB3138612 - Windows Update Client in Windows 7. Windows 10 preparation.
KB3173040 - Windows 10 end of free upgrade offer notification for Windows 7.

...any others?

Other urls found in this thread:

computerworld.com/article/3108380/windows-pcs/microsoft-to-end-decades-old-pick-a-patch-practice-in-windows-7.html
techne.alaya.net/?p=12499
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FFS UNinstall not install

Just install vista, it's the same but without bullshit.

>Fresh install
>Desktop already looks like a cesspit

You done did it all wrong.

I copied it over from the last install, cleaning it now

Just don't install any updates at all.

Enjoy while you can.

computerworld.com/article/3108380/windows-pcs/microsoft-to-end-decades-old-pick-a-patch-practice-in-windows-7.html

Linux here I come

Is there a way to bulk download the msu packages? Someone I know has a single msu package for one of the windows kb updates

Idk where you could download them. I think that windows might keep them temporarily after downloading updates, not sure though. Once Microsoft implements the new system, the best thing would be for someone with an enterprise to share the security updates.

This, they do fucking nothing

>fresh install
-.-

>_>

He probably pasted a backup of his Desktop folder. The shortcuts are invalid.

>>_>

>>>_>

The free upgrade period is over. You don't need to worry about the Windows 10 preparation updates anymore.

Why would you even do this? Just backup the files you actually need and reinstall everything else normally.

>>>>_>

This

Upgrading and downgrading is enabling an alarming amount of registry clutter, garbage settings files and, if you care about privacy that much: cache and history files.

>eclipse
>GIMP

fuck me sideways user you must be some kind of masochist

... to build up.

That should have been the end of my sentence.

disable updates, the only way to have a safe win7

>Linux here I come
I know it's said in jest but this kind of behavior truly makes me loath Microsoft. If it weren't for Adobe products I would 100% switch to Linux. As it is I am already research the viability of a multiboot situtation, something I never would have considered a few years ago.

Microsoft, stop it, please.

Autopatcher

Everything listed here techne.alaya.net/?p=12499

The only reason a new install of windows feels fresh is because it gets boggier and boggier over time and requires reqular maintanence to keep it usable. Ccleaner helps. Ram drives for temp folders are nice but they hang up certain driver updates.

Do you happen to mean loading ram drives (that are never updated) from images of empty folders/fresh installations by any chance?

This situation only applies to stupid people.
My Windows®™ install is over 3 years old and is still as fast as it was the day I installed it.