Sup Forums is it worth deleting facebook? Like how would i remain in contact with people...

Sup Forums is it worth deleting facebook? Like how would i remain in contact with people? I dont wanna succumb to the botnet but i like chatting with peolle who arent productive or techy enoyto set up xmpp or whatever

Removing facebook makes it obvious that you are close friends with maybe 2 or 3 people at most. the people worth contacting will still know how to contact you

You already know the answer to that question or you wouldn't be asking.

>he browses Sup Forums and has a facebook

leave until you've done what you already know to do

Never let anyone on this faggot board influence your thoughts or actions in any way.

Everyone here is just memeing, all the time. If they had anything better to do than meme on 4chins, they wouldn't be here memeing.

Facebook is cancer. Even if it wasn't a botnet I wouldn't use it.

Those people are not your friends and you have absolutely no reason to talk to them.

It's pretty convenient for keeping in touch with friends desu. Don't expect anything but Sup Forums memes in this thread.

>Wonders how bob is going.
>picks up phone and calls bob.

Facebook is pathetic, on the same tier as instagram. Nobody cares about how much you are lifting at the gym or what your ugly kid looks like.

I deleted my account 2 years ago. Feelsgoodman.

I have no linkedin, tumblr, facebook, instagram, grindr, etc. not a single avenue for social media to target me with their shitty ads to brainwash me into buying random crap that I don't need.

Except I still get targetted hard on amazon.

I email, I sometimes use skype for video calling someone in vietnam/serbia and also my gf. I text a couple of people. Sometimes, I might post on a forum. I also use reddit and youtube, which are slightly more anonymous social networks which I don't believe are in the category where facebook is in.

>Get call out of the blue
>"Uhh, how are you doing man?"
I'd be locking the doors. That's creepy as fuck.
Unless you're talking about a friend you haven't seen for years that you're planning on catching up with.

> internet gf
> Reddit
> YouTube commenting

WEW LAD

I have a LinkedIn for work stuff and a twitter for news and shit since I don't have tv

linkedin is now officially the microsoft botnet

If your only way to contact someone is Facebook, then you are not friends.

Just delete it. Your real friends will still be in contact with you. Those who don't were not your friends.

I never used Facebook but I use to have a Myspace back in it's glory days. Eventually deleted it and never came back to social media.

Other than those I'm forced to be around cause of work and family.
I havn't had any friends since!

Free yourself of the drama of managing friendships and all that drama. All you need is waifus and loonix.

No, I was talking about someone that I was stalking and planning on killing and had made my plans to do so obvious to him and everyone else. What do you think idiot?

I deleted my facebook once to do exactly what you wanted. Remove from botnet and stay close to friends.
I only had to make the mistake once.

Sadly, this could be a sincere post, since we're on Sup Forums. I can't even tell.

I haven't had a Facebook in years.

I use e-mail and SMS with ~7 friends. Hangouts with ~3 people.

Want privacy? Use encrypted e-mail or your own Mumble server with encryption.

I deleted my facebook at the start of the year. You will lose contact with people that can only be contacted with via facebook.

Most of my close friends and senpai use whatsapp/viber/some other message service now so there's that and good old emails. The botnetification of those is no doubt less than that of facebook.

Thing I miss the most is seeing updates/photos from old m8s that are living in all different parts of the world now. But hey, it frees up more time for shitposting.

>How do I remain in contact with people

I'm a uni student and literally everyone just texts or calls...... That and lots of whatsapp.
Very few use Facebook or messenger as a primary means of communication, hell a few of my friends (girls too) don't even have a Facebook.

It is.

No one uses facebook anyway, just use snapchat and sms like a normal person

>no one uses this botnet anyway, use this much more dangerous botnet instead!
you are a true faggot

I deleted it and have no regrets, as I wasted huge amount of time there for no reason.
I'm forced to use Whatsapp but I'll migrate my friends to Signal or whatever.

at my uni people usually create facebook group chats instead of whatsapp, which in turn is rarely used. facebook-less people are seen as weirdos

In here it's exact opposite. It's okay to have Facebook to chat, but if you post anything you're looked as creep and no-lifer.