Why are gaming motherboards so gaudy and cringey?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/RzsgtJ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>muh side panel window

Is it bad that I kind of like this board? Just needs to be uATX

Even with those meme side panels, I still like the black look of gigabyte's regular ultra durable boards, and they're the same chipset.

Nothing wrong with liking the board, mister quints, it's feature packed, and looks expensive.

Why does it matter? Surely you aren't using a case with side window, are you?

Nothing wrong with that. You can easily record the ants and spiders activities

>"gayming" motherboard
just use this and be done it's literally perfect

Damn that actually looks good, black n gold.

BIG

BLACK

Consumers don't understand specs, so ultimately it largely depends on how cool and flashy something looks.

I'm using a gigabyte motherboard that is blue
I dont fucking see the computer nor do i see whats in it
I don't really care what it looks like inside.
Muh case has to be minimalist though.

Because I like rgbs and everything that looks cool. Gotta have a dope setup m8

I truly enjoy the way my computer looks. I have the money so I enjoy making my computer look like an iconic piece of my desktop set up. I do get compliments on the way it looks.

It is the same reason why I drive a Lexus and not a Yaris even though both cars can take me to work.

I like that...

CAPACITOR? CPU? CHIPSET?

Me too, I was gonna get the rosewill challenger with usb 3.0 for my build, but the corsair isn't even much more.

My choice of boards came down to this and the board in the OP.

Ultimately, I went with that (the UD5). It's a fantastic board, and pretty much the only "downside" compared to the G1 Gaming that I can recall is that it doesn't have bullshit meme Killer ethernet, and the on-board audio chip is supposedly slightly worse (although people had a shitload of problems with the one on the G1 Gaming, so take that as you will).

Talking shit about my yaris m80. I'll fight you!

Because it's in the best interest of manufacturers to distance consumers from knowledge of how the products that they own actually work.

Pic related, what you see when you open the hood of a modern car.

>it's an engine, that's all you need to know. If there's a problem you can call out a qualified engineer at $200/hour plus transport costs.

I don't think that's the case for motherboards. More like they want their product to look like a cheesy customly tuned car from fast and furious to get kids attention.

What a douchey design, reminds me of those shitty Asus TUF sabertooth thingies where everything is covered up by plastic.

whatever happened to beige case aesthetic?

Yes. And green circuit boards. I've got my asus z97 in a beige 4u rackmount case. Super nice to work on and looks great. Like a man's computer. The hot swap bay makes a nice document and dvd compartment.

Anything with the most black and decent features is what you should aim for. Black goes with anything.

I got a gigabyte z170n wifi. great mobo and all black.

>Anything with the most black and decent features is what you should aim for.
Muhfuggin this, I've got the standard black gigabyte 990fx UD3, and it's way better than the $40 more expensive gaming one, which lacks e-sata in the back for usb-c that I wont use, and is missing two pci slots in place of an M.2 slot that I won't use.

Nothing ever gets better than the classic motherboard look to me when everything is logically laid out. Pic related is what I have in my current build, it's small, and comfy, and was a breeze to install everything on. Lacks OC though. Good mobo/10

Any retard can go out and buy some plasti-dip, take off the northbridge, southbridge coolers etc and mask off and paint the areas they want and save $.

It is because without any of that they all look mostly the same. Flat board with pretty much everything in the same location and orientation. Brand knowledge and loyalty is a big thing.

Well that's bullshit, I started getting into computers when the Nforce 680i was a hot chipset and board, and even then you had to have a brain. fucking normies.

Wish more manufacturers would design boards like this, a lane of space between the cpu and the first PCIe x16 slot, and 2 lanes between the first and second PCIe slots.
Great for 2 way SLI, cards get plenty room to breathe.

I kind of want an old CRT display to hollow out and put my monitor into, all beige.

sexy, but, these modern mainboards have a few features, and they can't cater to everybody so they go ahead and market it with a "muh premium aethetic" it costs them like 20 cents to jazz it up while not leaving a foot out of that market.

I get the bells and whistles but it's not always functional, for a good board you need proper colour coding for the ports, good heat sinks, capacitor alloys etc. unless it's supposed to "immerse" you into a dragon dildo fantasy who the hell cares? construction vehicles come in yellow, fire engines in red, nobody bothers with a paint job. most or all my TVs have been black, what the shit am i gonna plastidip them for?

>Gigabyte anything

>Not liking ultra durable hardware that you can throw around

I'm with you. I'll probably go with a workstation board next build. Gayming boards have nice features, but they are hideous and often have features I won't use as well as the ones I like.

Yeah, that's an executive board that's meant to go in a mini-atx case that's never opened or something so Intel didn't go all out on marketing it with riced aesthetic.

I like how some of the premium boards look. My favorite shit in boards like OP are the integrated IO shields, those have been a long time coming.

Kek, he fell for the ultra durable meme

enjoy your blown capacitors

They're durable as shit user, i've run my power hog 8350 at 100% for over a day transcoding X264 slowly in the placebo preset, it still hasn't blown a single solid jap cap.

>jap crap
>over a day
kek

try 24/7 and I'll give it 1-2 years max before your board dies

It's from 2011, so no.

cause taiwan makes garbage for idiots

>(((military grade))) with flashing LEDs and plastic decals on top of heatskins

>Equating shitty German auto maker practice with motherboard industry

haha then it gonna die any minute now

desu i prefer a side panel to a shitty 2-4 fan side panel that doesn't help keep airflow equilibrium while simultaneously blocking my view of the conponents

I hate it when case manufacturers give us open grates to put fans, but don't give us a fucking cover to prevent metal pieces of shit form falling onto PCBs and destroying shit. There are cases that have ths, but not on the low end.

pretty sure that case comes with a detachable dust filter and it was just removed for the stock photo. Also how the fuck are you getting "metal pieces" falling into your computer, do you live in a fucking collapsing building or some shit

All I want is a black, black/white, or black/gray matx board with good mosfet heatsinks and two pcie 3.0 lanes.
Hopefully more manufactures do this as the average joe doesn't need more than what's offered on an itx board, gaymers and people that do medium work don't need more than an matx, while only content creators need the extra drive storage and extra pci slots that an atx size mobo provides. That and nvidia killed off more than 2 way sli, so they should aim shit towards matx.

Out of every 100 atx boards I see, only a couple actually use more than one pcie slot. Its so dumb

Gigabyte makes some good mobos

asus z170-a sounds like your calling m8

>doesn't like gaymer things
>still uses a side panel

Ain't a thing wrong with appreciating aesthetics.
You don't have to buy components aimed at children.

They are all shit

>not wanting a raid or 10GbE card

Aesthetics are fine just gaymer tier aesthetics (red /black builds, Razer shit)
If you have a clean desk with non gaymer tier products and a clean non red/black theme pc then it's fine. Red/black was a good colour combo until every faggot started having it.

red and black combo has been around for a long time user, long before gaymers started to fag it up

I said
>Red/black was a good colour combo until every faggot started having it.

Keyword is was, was a good colour combo.

The white is essential is this combination, though.

Related question; I've been following the logical increments guide for building my first PC with exceptional with some enthusiast tier parts. the Asus Z170 pro gaming mobo is on my partpicker but it has 4.1 stars and it triggers me. Should I shoot for higher ratings or stick with the guide?

Theres nothing wrong with getting a gaming motherboard if the features it's got, like better audio or entworking, are the features you want, it's not not a good idea for a shitposter or video editor to get a gaming mobo.

pcpartpicker.com/list/RzsgtJ here's my list
inb4 open vent case; i've had it and needed to fill it for years so saving some money
also ignore 1000watt psu

If you can afford a fucking Mercedes Benz SLS/AMG, you won't even bother going to other shops other than your certified dealership.

I am looking at buying that same monitor, What are your thoughts on it?

I'm very much looking forward to it. I've never had an IPS panel monitor so it be nice. I'm buying nvidia so I won't be able to use the freesync but that only goes up to 90hz anyway.
Any other thoughts on my build? I'm looking for opinions

Yeah IPS is worth it, I have 2 dell IPS monitors at work and the colours are amazing. 144hz would make it even better and yeah the no 144hz with freesync thing is stupid but thats why i bought a 6700k and a gtx 1070.

Noctua has ugly fans, Buy a Cryorig or Be Quiet cooler for better looks with same price/performance as noctua.

Never liked seagate drives but thats a personal thing.

why do you need 1000w psu btw? 650w would work great.

Case is ugly but thats also a personal preference & red/black is overdone & atx is a waste of space but thats my opinion.

other than that 6700k/gtx 1070 is a great combo.

Glad to hear that about the monitor. 600 dollars will be worth it.
I agree the noctua being ugly, so I might go with the cryorig H5 or h7 as those were my first picks anyway.
As for the 1kw psu I have my reasons (very stupid reasons)
Yeah like I said i gotta use the case or else it's a waste of money which kind of matters.
How about my mobo and RAM? Do those look adequate?
The seagate has lots of good reviews on partpicker but i've heard horror stories so i'll take my chances.

Also, this is my first PC i'm building.
I've been memetop gaming for the past 5 years

Board is good, As I always say find a board that has the most black on it with the best features. Black goes with any build. RAM is good but I'm never a fan of ram any other colour than red but other than colour they're a good kit. if you need the 1k psu then go ahead looks like a good build.

Because every gayming hardware is cringy.

*Post it in /guts/ when you build it, i'd love to see it.

Okay good. I was starting to get really paranoid about whether or not the mobo/ram wasn't good enough.
When I have everything towards the beginning of next month I definitely will so keep a look out for my case. Also one last question; Should I get Windows 10 pro?

>Car stop clanking
>pops the hood
>ITS FUCKING NOTHING
>call Jamal the road tech
>"be there in an hour boss"
>Jamal arrives
>RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT
>died and carjacked

Sure. Save some money and download it from microsoft and use an activator like kmspico or something. Spending $200 on the botnet is the worst idea ever.

like any of you fgts can turn a wrench anyways.

>better caps

Ive seen all these modern "caps" died faster than the older design caps, it all comes to the source and quality of thr caps.

Using a high end board is like a gamble of driving a super fast car with cheapest shitty chinese tires available, whereas a mid range low end board is a family sedan with mediocre European tyre.

My boards costs no more than 50 dorraloos these days after nearly a decade fixing my family/friends "gaming" boards.

The advantage of the highend boards is the newest beta phase bells and whistles that drop supports as soon as a new OS relesese, especially windows.

Because the average gamer is a sucker for that kind of flashy, pretentious shit.

>tfw green is my favorite color but can't do green/black build cuz of faggot meme razer

I think they look nice. Cheap mobos usually look like some 3-year-olds Lego platform.

You're even more autistic than the GAMURRs if you care so much about how your fucking mobo looks like.

Green/White

What's wrong with Gigabyte? :^)

Don't worry about him, he just doesn't like his motherboard to be Ultra Durable™.

Because we consumers have collectively bad taste.
No other reason.

I really give no shits what my motherboard looks like. I don't have a windowed case so it's not like I see it often anyways.

This motherboard is delicious as fuck after you take the shroud off

Why do people pay out the ass for motherboards like these? What do they offer that its buyers actually use?

>pay out the ass

What, The Hero isn't even that pricey

And I live in Australia

I have the z79 version of that it´s sexy as fuck

but pic related is what I personally think is the GOAT design

the 2011-3 boards are not as memey, because 16 year olds don't have money for a hexacore.

I wouldn't even consider that Asus board a "Gaming motherboard" with shit like quad channel ram and all those pcie slots, its more of a workstation board.

The Hero is expensive compared to any non-xtreme ROG GAYMING z170 motherboards. What separates these from say, an Asus Z170 gaming pro? (which also a gayming motherboard but much cheaper).

it is a workstation board I'm just saying it has an amazing design

>want to get an unlocked skylake CPU
>"user don't forget to get a z170 board so you can overclock it"
>get GIGASHYTE z170 HD3P and i5 6600k
thinking i can overclock it no problem
>get in UEFI
>no manual overclocking on anything, only some preset boost bullshit in 20% increments (whatever the fuck that is)
>several presets for various i7's
>absolutely nothing for i5's

I mad.

It is, I'm considering going with an intel X99 to replace my 990FX board, the DDR4 quad channel is just so worth it.

I know this is nit-picking but did they really have to print ASUS on it three times?

what if you forget the board brand in the middle of building your pc?

this is e-atx so check your case

I'd replace the case anyway because my current one isn't even usb 3.0 on the front and i'm wasting as it is.

>fell for the side panel meme during my first build
Oh well it could be worse, I'll make up for it in the next one

I have that board in this case.
As well as two Gtx 1080s