Cheap as fuck processor for Gaming

Okay Sup Forums,

I wanna get a second PC to store at my parents, to be able to play some game whilst being at home every now and then.

The processor would be accompanied by my 390X but medium settings at 1080p would be fine as long as I get somewhere around 60 FPS in recent AAA titles.

> Just get an I3 6100

No, I mean nigger on welfare cheap used processors that run AAA titles fine

Even an I5 2500k is too expensive, it needs to be cheap as fuck

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-i7-950-3-06GHz-Quad-Core-socket-LGA-1366-Processor-with-OEM-Heatsink-/112095494899?hash=item1a196982f3:g:GCYAAOSw65FXsOyF
m.ebay.com/itm/Intel-DX58SO-LGA1366-Socket-Xeon-E5620-6GB-OCZ-Gold-XTC-Triple-Channel-RAM-/191947901931?hash=item2cb0fc8beb:g:NnUAAOSw-itXs~ij&_trkparms=pageci%3A95bda709-6489-11e6-8a57-74dbd18023e8%7Cparentrq%3A98f918081560a2a474f65cd8ffefe579%7Ciid%3A3
youtu.be/9I8XhpJJiRY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>No, I mean nigger on welfare cheap used processors that run AAA titles fine
wait 5 years

Haswell celerons can handle games paired with that level of gpu just fine. Once paired the 1820 with a gtx 780 and I was able to handle most games at high, some maxed with no issues. Maybe if you're lucky you can find one for 30 to 40 bucks off eBay.
Other than that, the cheapest of the cheap can maybe get a q6600 if you're that desperate.

What about AMD FX-6300 or the sorts?

Are they any good?

An 8350 on ebay is like 100

Nope. Even though you can increase your fps by a lot by overclocking and such, amd just tanks when gaming.
I used to have an fx 8320 for 3 years. I spent so much time overclocking and tweaking settings but there was always this annoying stutter and frame dips when gaming. I went from 60 avg fps in valley to 79-81 but the issues are still there. I try to ignore it but when you spend a lot of time with the chip, you just keep noticing it. I like to keep a consistent 60 fps when gaming. Unfortunately the chip keeps dipping into the 50s and 40s. It really kills the gameplay for me. I ended up selling the chip and buying a 4690k back in January. All my issues were gone and to this day I still haven't overclocked it. I honestly regret not getting an i5 3570k over the 8320 back then. I was ignorant and naive.
Now, just maybe the 6300 won't have the stutter or frame dip issues I had. If the prices are the same as the celerons/pentiums I would probably choose the 6300(with an aftermarket cooler). After my experience with amd cpus however, I never recommend the fx line. The only amd chip I ever recommend was the 860k quad core. It's different from the old fx line and has no problems as far as I know.

Well, that was my little rant. I still say get an Intel dual core but maybe the 6300 might not be that bad? I'd say check benchmarks but those are just numbers and you're still not knowing how actually playing with it will be like.

880k, the 845 is a little faster clock for clock but has a gimped l2 cache that gives more frame rate dips, 880k also has a great stock cooler and fm2+ mobos are cheap

Start sucking dick for cash. $50 a pop. Suck 10 dicks and you've got more than enough for a high end CPU. Be smart, don't be a retard. It worked for me, and it sure as hell will work for you.

Overclock a G4400 and you're good to go, it has to have a Z170 mobo though

You're more than stellar with that

(OP)
i7 2600
pre "E" Xeons

Idk why you replied to me as well. I spent thousands on my pc over the last 4 years. It also seems like money might not be an issue for op. Probably just wants a decent but cheap cpu for a secondary computer which happens to be at his parents..

You suck dick for money? Sounds like a crazy life style.

grab a used X58 board and slap an x3470 onto it

ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-i7-950-3-06GHz-Quad-Core-socket-LGA-1366-Processor-with-OEM-Heatsink-/112095494899?hash=item1a196982f3:g:GCYAAOSw65FXsOyF

>You suck dick for money? Sounds like a crazy life style.
I'm pretty damn good at what I do, so it works out great. $50 for barely 5 minutes of work. I'll suck between 10 to 20 dicks a day, 2 or 3 days a week. It's better than being a wage slave and I can set my own hours.

The mobos for those procs are expensive as fuck (LGA 1366)

can i find you on positivesingles.com

give us a fucking price you fucking shit lord

>there was always this annoying stutter and frame dips when gaming

you can thank the shared frontend with the stupid module design and awful scheduling that has multiple threads waiting to dip their fingers into the same fpu/cache.

Phenom II's are still better for gaming unless you disable half the threads on the 8320 because a native quad core design like intel just werks

Wow. I always wondered logically why this happens with the fx cpus. I was just happy I had 8 "cores" at the time. I was new to the whole pc thing and thought amd had the best performance for such a good value. I still shudder at the thought, could've saved myself the headaches.

tbqh that lawsuit they got over false advertising with saying each fx line had twice the '''''''''''''''''cores''''''''''''''''''' it really had should not have fallen through. They should have been forced to refund everyone who purchased one for ~30%-50% the cost of the chip they paid for.

i remember some old amd chip. phenom x4 black edition. that shit was cheap as fuck about 4 years ago so they should be going for pennies now

>What about AMD FX-6300 or the sorts?
Yes, this will play everything out now.

Whats your budget?

>phenom x4 black edition
I second this.

Why not just get a gayming console and be like every other nigga.

If by AAA titles you mean games that come out now you can't go anything older than a Nehalem. The problem is finding a cheap mobo.

You can try a i5-4460.

way too expensive for him, this is some kid who finally managed to nag his parents into buying him something for his pc but they gave him an unreasonably small budget either because they don't understand computers or they're having a hard time getting by and he shouldn't even be asking for nice shit in the first place.

What's the problem with e Xeons?

I have a 970, but my processor is only an i3 2120 which really bottlenecks me. I want to get a lga1155 cpu so I don't have to change motherboard, would a used i5 2550k or i7 2700 bottleneck my 970?

>blacked edition

Motherboard? Budget? Fucksake.

>gayming

i had that 2120 cpu and then shoved in a 390. I now have a 4690k with it, helps with cpu intensive games, does nothing for non-cpu intensive (obviously).

either of though sandy bridge will help.

Get a xeon from ebay. Business class products get resold at cheap prices.

also might as well get the 2550k and overclock btw

As long as it's faster than a q6600 you'll be good for medium settings and above in most games.

How poor are you? Do you have a job?

If you're being supported by someone else and have no job, a job as a waiter at a nice restaurant will quickly give you what you need to buy an expensive gaming PC. Anywhere should get you $100 worth of tips for a day of work as long as you aren't an autistic fool. Stiffens your back and gets you to know how to work and conduct yourself in public too.

Pic related, two months got me this girl back in the day.

Fx6300
x

Srs bruv it's like 70-80$ for a semi-decent performance

Other than that, 2500k or one of those 1st gen i5/7s

Beggars can't be choosers

does what its supposed to do

Get a used PC with an i3-3220.

>as you aren't an autistic fool
fug.

Okay let´s see

Sub 100 for Processor/Mobo Combo

Anything feasible in that price range?

I work in an office on the side, so money really isn´t a problem

I could build another 1000 bucks rig right away but I don´t want to shell out that kind of money for a PC thats gonna see 4-6 Weeks use at most a year

So the cheaper the better

eBay

Biggest issue with getting a cheap used PC in your price range is the shitty power supply it comes with will explode in flames with your watt monster 390X. You'd have to replace the PSU immediately.

>I work in an office on the side, so money really isn´t a problem
>I could build another 1000 bucks rig right away but I don´t want to shell out that kind of money for a PC thats gonna see 4-6 Weeks use at most a year
>So the cheaper the better
This is what consoles are for.

Already own a PS4 but it´s basically only for FIFA and stuff with friends

And shooters on a console really suck, believe me I´ve tried

The best deal then is to buy a gaming PC from some college kid who is leaving home or realizing he doesn't need it anymore. Look up your local listings like Craigslist or the like.

It's the most convenient and one-stop way. You could also get a used, prebuilt gaming PC for $200-300 that come with decent CPUs and motherboards, but then you would have to invest in time and money getting a new PSU and/or video card to make it truly up to date.

I play on a 6350 clocked at 4ghz. It works. I can run most things fine with my RX470. If you're on a budget, it'll work. CPU was $90 when I bought it, motherboard for $40, PSU for $60, case for $20, card for $170, 8gb ram for $30, HDD for $50. Total cost of my rig is $450 and it runs everything out at max settings 1080p 60 fps. Poorfags can be happy too.

Was about to suggest this. Can get an Intel dx58so on eBay for 110$ and an x5650 - 5670 for around 50-60$ w3520 which is the equivalent to an i7 920 goes for like 20$. All of which you'd have zero issue getting to run at least 3.3 - 3.5 ghz. They typically are rated to go as high as 4ghz, but either the mobo, cpu, or psu I had in my combination could not run the 5650 higher than 155 bclk stable. Which still gets you up to 3.4ghz. If you dig around, you might get lucky and find an evga x58 sli mobo. Those tend to go for the least amount of money since they require a physical modification to support the x5600 xeons.

Did a quick search for dx58so, found a combo with the mobo, an e5620, and 6gb of ram for 145.

m.ebay.com/itm/Intel-DX58SO-LGA1366-Socket-Xeon-E5620-6GB-OCZ-Gold-XTC-Triple-Channel-RAM-/191947901931?hash=item2cb0fc8beb:g:NnUAAOSw-itXs~ij&_trkparms=pageci%3A95bda709-6489-11e6-8a57-74dbd18023e8%7Cparentrq%3A98f918081560a2a474f65cd8ffefe579%7Ciid%3A3

FX line is a very terrible choice, single thread performance is just way to bad for consistent game play, I think that with DX12 the problem is less prevalent.

That being said you can get a i5 3470 for 100 dollars or less and a motherboard on Newegg is about 50 bucks, if you think about it it's a very good choice. A 3470 is much better! I actually own one and it's fucking great, paired with a 970, if a 390x you have better performance so you can game at 1440p and 1080p just fine at max settings or high.

I got a Dell Optiplex 7010 with a 3470, 6GB of RAM, and 1TB HDD, and Windows 7 Pro key. The thing cost me $300 dollars.
I got a free stick of 8GB and I bought another one.
I had to change the PSU so I can get a GPU
And the worst part is that the HDD started to fucking die, made a grinding noise when writing, so I had to get a new drive.
I tried doing a partial refund on Ebay but the seller wanted the item back for a full refund. I should have just talked to them and told me to send me a drive because this one was dying.
End of the day I spent what I almost would have spent on a computer with a Skylake CPU even, or something better.
I can't overclock my GPU because the Dell case has no airflow.

Thread purpose:
>run AAA titles

Seeing all these posts about pentiums, dual cores and shitty FX processors that have gimped single thread performance.

>mfw

If you're really on the budget you shouldn't aim for 60 fps

just get a second hand E8400 oc it and a second hand mono. 50 bucks no more.

That would be a fucking huge bottleneck for a 390X

Q6600 isn't that great but more up anons alley. LGA 775 mobos are a bit hard to find for a decent price

you can get an i7-2600K cheap on ebay.

Buy a used processor off eBay they're like $50 for $2000 server CPU s

Will Zen have this problem as well?

My Q9650 is more than enough for modern games.

Lga 2011 boards are more expensive than the lga 1366 boards everyone keeps saying are expensive. Even the shitty Intel boards are 150-200. But he could get an e5-1650 v1 for about 100-150$ which is equivalent to a 2930k or whatever sandy vag has for 6 core i7s

Wouldn't it have to pull like 599 watts

Am1 APU plus a dedicated graphics card. That will be hella cheap and they overclock well too

Where your territory so I can keep off, and keep my clients safe?

youtu.be/9I8XhpJJiRY
See here for reference