The Superbook is a shell that turns your Android smartphone into a complete laptop

>The Superbook is a shell that turns your Android smartphone into a complete laptop.

Will you get one for $99?

kickstarter.com/projects/andromium/the-superbook-turn-your-smartphone-into-a-laptop-f

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andromium.os
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dead on arrival, why not just carry a normal laptop around. Honestly whoever though of this should be shot.

Thisbis a great idea, just bought the distributor special

Shill

>Dead on arrival
They haven't shipped yet.

USELESS
S
E
L
E
S
S

Would rather buy a or get get free old netbook and install an android or Android fork os on it.

Reading and writing through usb cable is slow

for $99? everyone talking shit is extremely poor or comparing it to your desktop

Did they say whether or not they were going to release a model with a better panel?

Its low resolution and it isn't bright enough.

Oh its $30 more...
$150 for a tiny FHD panel with a battery and keyboard is starting to get into decent chrome book territory...

>Ignoran people will donate to this
WeW.lad

>kickstarter
It's fated to never deliver.

There are full x86_64 Windows laptops for $200 in the US

both missing the point. a phone upgrade is also a laptop upgrade

dead before arrival.

I said it before and I'll say it again; yet another """world changing""" project by yet another generic asian that will be dead on arrival and completely forgotten. It was a dumb idea when he first started begging for money initially and it's still a dumb idea now. It's not going to beat:

>Asus X205TA ($160-$180!)
>HP Stream (despite the fucking color schemes)
>Dell Latitudes both from the source and on Ebay
>Old Lenovo Thinkpads from Ebay ($150!)
>Chromebooks ($160-$200!)

So let's say you go the full cheapo route and snag a used smartphone from ebay. I got my Samsung Galaxy S4 on Amazon for $180, I think, and people here could have probably found it for better back then too. Not including shipping and handling, this pile of shit is just a $99 feature-inundated accessory. Hell, I'd round it up to $100 because they're probably gonna do some typical marketing shit and say "it's $99.99 :^)". It would come out to almost $300 that you can spend on a machine that can do it all but better. If you're carrying around this hunk of junk, you can certainly carry around an actual laptop instead.

Seriously fuck these guys, I thought I had a genius idea with my PhoneBook last week!

is it a meme to shout "DEAD ON ARRIVAL!" with no evidence?

The idea is to use the phone you already have, genius.

Pretty much this.
It's like this powdered alcohol shit, where you still need to carry around water with you to dissolve it.

If I am carrying that around anyway I might as well carry around a proper laptop.

>The Superbook is a shell that turns your Android smartphone into a complete laptop. Get the freedom of using just one computer.
>Get the freedom of using just one computer.
Oh, the ideology!

is it a meme to shill kikestarter products that always underdeliver?

I use at least 3 of my 5 computers everyday.
>tfw not free

I don't think anyone buying that thing doesn't have a smartphone already.
Still, the 50 bucks you save to carry around a laptop that is not a laptop instead of getting a cheap but decent alternative aren't worth it.
If you want your data to be synchronized on all devices so you don't have to bother with checking where you saved what justuse dropbox/drive/whatever else

>Running a screen through usb
The picture quality must be utter shit.

USB 3.0 isn't bad for hd

it should be using the video out?

Great.....

except for the lag of usb2 most phones have

checkmate

>phone connects to the device with a cable, requiring you to have somewhere to set the phone (where it can be easily be grabbed by a passing nigger)
>existing mainstream phone OSes would be shit as desktop OSes
>the less mainstream phone OSes that can behave like desktop OSes only run on dated hardware
It's shit.

Windows is less smoother to use than android, and you can't expect the average normie to install linux, plus what said.
I personally hope this will bring about smartphones that can be connected to a display, a keyboard and a mouse, and can function as desktops al la ubuntu phone.

Why would I carry a laptop shell that turns my dual core w/ 2GB RAM phone into a laptop running a cellphone OS when I can just carry a much more capable real laptop?

I had one of those. Good battery, too bad the screen broke.

with how macos is trying to look like ios now, i wont be surprise when apple reveal this feature as well in the future.
I am thinking this would be great for work when they give you a company phone and you get to use one of this laptops in the office by plugging in your company phone.
not only would it be secured, all your credentials will be in there too.
ofcourse if your company phone gets stolen then it's all GG but man I kinda want it to happen cause it just looks so minimalistic

So I can make my easy to transport phone into a heavy piece of shit?

It isn't x86 so it's already a failure

Oh shit IT'S REAL

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andromium.os