What do you homies think of da note 7 ? shit looks bala with the hdr dislpay and quad hd resolution...

what do you homies think of da note 7 ? shit looks bala with the hdr dislpay and quad hd resolution, but the price is cray. what is the Sup Forumseneral opinion?

Silence Jamal

ugly pos

>but the price is cray
I paid basically the same thing for my Note5 last august, price is pretty consistent.

I have a note 5. No reason to upgrade.

I have a note 4. No reason to downgrade

>"cray"
kill yourself

Note4 is fine, but you're a bit delusional if you dont think the Note7 would be an upgrade in terms of pure hardware.

This isn't getting into locked bootloaders or the ability to root (since 90% of people simply don't care about that in 2016 outside of tech nerds and highschool kids)

Hardware doesn't seem worth the upgrade and I like my note cause I can replace the battery and use an SD card, haven't payed close attention to Samsung so I don't know if their trend of closed battery and no SD made it on the 7

Plus that edge is ugly as fuck

Closed battery hasn't been an issue in years, the note5 battery life is more than enough to last all day, and the note7 battery is even larger.

Besides fast charging and wireless fast charging have mostly made it a non-issue, when you can get 50% battery in like 20-30 minutes who cares? There are very few situations where I would even care about swapping batteries, and it simply isn't worth not buying a new phone to keep that feature which I used maybe once every few months.

And yes it supports 256GB mSD cards.

Also the edge is far better than the dedicated edge model, the note edges are less pronounced.

>Samsung
No thanks

>Non-removable battery
>fingerprint scanner (I could overlook this on Note 4)
>iris scanner

They can go fuck themselves with this trash.

what are your priorities in a phone then?

I'm looking for good screen, decently long battery life, good GPU, fast internal storage with mSD slot, good camera, and if possible wireless charging and USB type C 3.1.

Note7 hits it all for me, I dont care about unlocked boot loader memes, I dont care about custom ROM memes or rooting memes, I did that when I was 15, i'm 23 now. I'm over and done with ricing my phone.

It's the best phone out right now, if you can afford it.

this.

god user ur the most sensable person on this board ive ever read, no sarcasm

Ohh looky here, how much do they pay you?

The first time I've read something where I get the feeling that someone put some thought into his words.
Everyone who's above 17 should consider buying a high end phone that just works.

>Why does the "tweak my phone till its garbage" meme still exist?
>I'm paying real money why should I tweak it anyways

Dang gee

Pretty much the reason I went with the G5,a great camera/screen is an absolute must. The note7 looks alright, but the edge screen is a turn off.

The features that you don't need others might need. the note 7 or any new Samsung doesn't cut it anymore. I bet you'd be ok if the took out the headphone jack too.

>doesn't cut it anymore
for who? And if it "doesn't cut it" anymore, what does?

>I bet you'd be ok if the took out the headphone jack too.
I would be okay with this if they gave me TWO USB Type-C ports, both at USB 3.1 speeds if possible. That way you can charge your phone with one of the USB type-C and use USB type-C headphones (or an adapter and a normal 3.5mm jack since USB type-C has audio passthrough)

I'm actually excited for USB type-C headphones, now headphone companies can't blame your phone's internal DAC for being shit because the DAC is now integrated into the headphones.

>pay real money for bloatware you cant uninstall
j fucking ej

You can disable all the bloat, who cares if you can't 100% remove it? It's out of the way, the services aren't running. Wew

but no you're right, I should buy a chinkshit phone because of unlocked bootloaders and no bloat even though the hardware is garbage and it will fall apart in 10 months.

>for who?
Me and others who liked the ability to switch or replace batteries. Any phone with an SD card, removable battery, at least a 1080p amoled screen and physical home button would do it for me

A durable phone designed to last longer than the 24 months contract

Battery is the first thing that turns to shit and must be easily replaced.

Also, I'm autistic and want to carry a spare battery for my Note 4 when I travel instead of a mobile charger.

I don't need useless shit like an iris scanner that just pumps the price and needlesly drains the battery.

It also speaks volumes about their ethics and intention to become a full botnet in the future.

How will you run Adaway with a locked bootloader? Paying $1000 for a phone you don't truly own that keeps shitting ads, no thanks.

>I dont care about custom ROM memes or rooting memes, I did that when I was 15, i'm 23 now. I'm over and done with ricing my phone.

I'd rather buy an iPhone when I get to that point.

I'm not talking about the note 7 in particular. I really like the way Samsung is going with their design and hardware. It looks gorgeous to be honest.

But they really need to step up their software game (which they probably never will).
Make it like stock or the way oneplus did it with oxygen OS and not even the iphone could beat their phones in terms of software optimization

Too expensive shit yo so im just gonna steal one from some bitch's ass.

So the note7 hits all of those but removable battery...

You know the battery is replaceable right? Unless you literally find yourself fast swapping batteries all day every day, I just dont see how that could be a required feature, especially on a phone that has a 3500mAh battery that from all reports lasts all day and then some, even heavy users are getting a full day on 1 charge.

And the fact quick charging and wireless charging exists just makes it a non-issue.

If you really need more power, just carry around a 10000mAh power pack, they're about the size of your phone and you can charge your phone ~2.7x on a single charge. They cost like $20.

You stole the wrong phone, Tyronequan. That's a Galaxy Note Edge

Sure it's replaceable if you want to pry in there and ruin your phone, but a 23 year old like you wouldn't bother anymore. And again if it's not an issue for you doesn't mean that's it's not a issue for anyone else, why would I pay the same price for a phone with less features, features I used? Anyway enjoy Sammy's new iPhone

>if you want to pry in there and ruin your phone
or you could just pay someone $40 to replace your battery on your lunch break like a normal fucking human.

It happens maybe once or twice during the entire life of the device, this isn't a normal occurrence

REMOVE EDGE

Or you could fuck off to reddit with your shilling.

>paying premium for features available on phones 20 years ago.

>paying premium for features available on phones 20 years ago.
Oh you mean like wireless charging, USB type-C, 1440p HDR AMOLED display, phase detection auto-focus F1.7, OIS, and 1.4 µm pixel camera.

The things that actually matter in 2016 when compared to other phones.

The last time I removed a battery from my phone myself was my original DroidX when I was in highschool.
Get with the times Luddite, I can pretty much guarantee you dont remove your battery all that often, you're just autistic and are pretending you NEED it.

>disable
>not delete
>having bloat to begin with

i bet it's really fragile aswell

Look if you like it that's fine, just stop trying to sell me an inferior phone, Samsung has come to the point where I'm actually considering iPhone

Not true I've had a nite 3 and now a 4 and the 7s camera is a massive downgrade. 12 mega pixels isn't really enough compared to 16, but ffs the sensor is now back to 4:3. Which is stupid since every screen is 16:9 and that's not going to change. Shooting 16:9 on the new note will get you 9 mp pics. Whereas the note 4 gets you the full 16. Water proofing is a killer feature though, will have to wait to see independent reviews for that though. Still annoyed that there is no 4k 60 fps video. I've had 4k video since the note 3, and 3 years later no improvement, even in bit rate! Qualcomm doesn't seem bothered

>sell me an inferior phone
lol you're delusional, i'm enjoying it though

that's not note 7

This is another person just so you know. A replaceable battery is a must in any phone I buy hence why I got an LG G4 half a year ago. It's super convenient to have a instant 100% backup when you're out and about.

t. faggot

why dont u just yks and your siblings too cus we dont want ur genepool on this plannet anymore

I wont deny the convenience for the rare situations where that would be needed, but do you know how many times I would have used that in the last 3-4 years? Maybe 3-4 times.

I have a wireless charger on my desk at home and my desk at work. I just set my phone down on top of it and it charges wireless, when I leave I pick my phone up and it's basically always at 100% unless I just sat down a few minutes ago, then it's at least go up a decent % while I sat there.

I don't even bother plugging my phone it to charge anymore, the occasional time I end up sitting at one of my various desks is enough to keep it going until the next time I sit at my desk.

Is there a real reason to root phones in the current year? 6 years ago I couldn't live without it.

Lol have fun being cucked I'm glad you enjoy Sammy's dick up your ass

BLUE BOARD MOTHERFUCKER

I've had a note5 for the past year straight as my daily phone and couldnt be happier.

No dick is in my ass, you're literally retarded if you think muh freedom is worth shit hardware.

Especially since samsung phones are nowhere near as bad as they used to be.

Then you should read more because this guy is such an obvious shill

Got my swlf a note 4 a while ago and I really don't see a need for a hardware upgrade. It is more than capable. Installed Grace UX and it feels just like note 7.

>he likes a well made device with top end specs and the best display available on a smartphone.

yeah, he MUST be a shill, no one would actually want such a device...right?

What Sup Forums fails to understand is that root is no longer required in 2016.

The original point of custom ROMs, rooting and bootloader unlocking was because in the early days of Android, it was slow and was missing a lot of features. The modifications that people made allowed people to extract every last bit of juice out of the lackluster hardware that the manufacturers gave them, and add some nice software based gimmicks.

But now it's 2016, manufacturers have toned down their heavy skins and pointless gimmicks, hardware has come forward massively and most modern devices come with all the software features people need.

The only reason people root and modifying their devices nowadays is for internet brownie points, or if they bought some shitty $10 device from walmart. They just can't stop tinkering with their devices, and they wonder why XDA is now overrun with normies and amateurs, with 200 "how do I unbrick" threads a day, and autists bitching that their warranty is now voided.

Just leave your phone alone, I've been using my mid-range P8 lite since release, and Huawei have provided so many features that root isn't even required, and because I have a life and a partner, leaving my phone on the side while a short ad plays is not the end of the world.

Grow up, the lot of you. You have no reason to be dicking around with your phones anymore. You just want to circlejerk all over your Maldovian CPU polishing forum.

Prove me wrong.

Fuck off samshills. You're not even being inconspicuous about your shilling - Samsung should fire your dumb asses

>hurr only chinkphones have root!
Holy shit you stupid nigger, ever heard of the Nexus line? Or even international versions of samsung phones

I have Note 3, no reason to downgrade.

You bought the newer version of a phone that has less features than the older model, that's pants on head retarded, you can argue all you want to justify your purchase I really don't care, you said you don't tinker with your phone root or otherwise, if that's the case then Sup Forums isn't for you

Notice how none of the following posts reply to or refute my post at all.

It's hilarious how you nerds know I am right.

Which post was yours?

This one

>partner
jej

I agreed with you, nigger. This board needs IDs at least. All the best boards have IDs and flags.

Honestly, I've rooted all my phones since my first android (sgs2), but this is the first phone I'm considering getting which doesnt have proper bootloader unlock/custom roms.

Im really considering getting this. This would be perfect phone if it was a nexus one.

>What Sup Forums fails to understand is that root is no longer required in 2016.

Adaway.

>he can't put his phone down and do something else when an ad plays
wew

>bring viral marketing cancer to ever board
but kouhai, nobody here is influenced by disinfo agent posing as europeans so it wouldnt be as effective

>he doesn't setup his home server as a VPN that filters ads for him and also lets him connect to his music and movie library remotely.

uhh okay...

some people just don't belong on Sup Forums friend

>buying a phone that is permanently unrootable

But I did, you keep assuming that your needs = everyone's need and resort to name calling when people disagree with you, I hope their paying you well for shilling

Is there global adblocking software that works with both wifi and cell?

niggers don't talk like that on text

Shilling what exactly?

I'll do it.

>But now it's 2016, manufacturers have toned down their heavy skins and pointless gimmicks, hardware has come forward massively and most modern devices come with all the software features people need.

False. I don't use Facebook. I want to remove Facebook, but I can't. Same with dozens of other software 'features'.

The iris scanner and non-removable battery is a major red flag.

A surveillance/tracking without the option to shut it down instantly is a dangerous slippery slope.

No kill switch today on the note 7.

Note 9 won't have the option to power off.

Note 12 won't have the option to lock your phone mid-30 sec advert.

Fuck Samsung and their botnet bullshit, I want to be able to block ads and they slowly edge away from giving me those privileges. Rooting has so many benefits that it is mandatory on any Android device.

If I want to be a mature adult that doesn't care and wants a secure device that just werks without rooting shit, iPhones are supeior. And I fucking hate Apple, that's how bad Samsung is becoming.

Then don't buy a Samsung.

There are other manufacturers out there you know.

I have multiple vpn servers in use, for example at home and at my parents place. However, sometimes I like to use simply 4G without vpn.

Adaway hosts list is a simple solution which works anywhere.

excellent job Pajeet! 10 cents have been deposited

And to continue, doesnt your vpn app tax your battery if you're keeping it always on? My openvpn connect uses extra 5-10% in a hour. Adaway is a passive solution. Superior in many ways.

Some ppl dont belong to Sup Forums, feels like.

Marketing reps should realise sending their shills on Sup Forums is pointless.

Which normal shitposter speaks like this ?

I did it to remove Verizon apps (it was a gift), remove ads, and fix glitches.

>calling me pajeet when pajeet is the primary poster on XDA

Nice circular logic mate, mind giving me some?

I don't know, they shilled Windows 10 quite well, a lot of Sup Forums now uses it.

Go to the manufacturers website and flash an official ROM with the official method.

Exactly. I've been around long enough to know this is where things are headed.

Which new phone, though, is the question? Apple is not an option, of course.

/thread

>4K display on a phone
What's the point? It's a waste of battery

HD is 1280x720 (720p)
FHD is 1920x1080 (1080p)
QHD is 2560x1440 (2k)
UHD is 3840x2160 (4k)

When the OP said quad HD, he meant 2560x1440 because 2560x1440(QHD) is 3.6864 million pixels, versus 1280x720(HD) being 0.9216 million pixels or exactly 1/4 of QHD.

Who /going naked/ with theirs?

Maybe I'll get a skin to help with gripping it, but I don't want to cover this one up with some ugly plastic shit.

i really feel like the dominance of expensive flagship models like the samsung s devices and the iphone are going to start diminishing soon

whats the point in paying 600+ dollars for a phone with a 5 inch 4k display and a processor you'll never efficiently utilize when smartphones that meet 95% of people's needs completely only cost around 200

i guess there will always be people who need the high end models as a status symbol tho

While that looks better than the normal edges can we just drop the edge meme already? It literally adds nothing but negatives (and price)