Thoughts on Nvidia's fast sync?

Does it work in any game?

just turn it off dude, vertical sync is a fps reducing placebo meme

this
it also causes input-lag

not sure if bait
these things are what fast sync is supposed to fix

Normally, I'd agree.
But somehow this picture is so much more cancerous than this thread could hope to be.

Was intended for The fact remains that more processing time is being used on the synchronization, so your preformance takes a hit.
But I think it's noteworthy to point out that if v-sync NEEDS to be off to run your game consistently above your monitor's refresh rate, it's nearly time to upgrade.

it good because it doesn't limit frame rate but there's no screen tearing so you get that ultra responsive movement without the distracting tearing and without the need to used v-sync and its input lag.

to use*

Get a freesync monitor
but since youve got a Nvidia youll need to pay an extra 300 and get a Gsync monitor

I have vsync on 100% of the time because i have a good computer and only a 60hz panel. Locked framerates to exactly the refresh of my screen all the time and no tearing feelsgoodman

Many competitive games have an exploit where a high fps gives you an advantage even if it's far above your refresh rate.

>nvidia
>still using a control panel designed for windows xp

>muh leet gayming skillz affected by 1 frame interval
>i sure do like looking at torn images
smells like mountain dew and doritos here

honestly i can never tell if these manlets are serious about muh millisecond input lag and gayming mice or just satiring

>i like lag
good preference.

Vertical sync lag is not a meme. You don't even need to play a game to feel its annoying effects.

Lag doesn't matter in grown-up games such as Europa Universalis or Stellaris.

>implying an average of half the refresh interval is noticeable lag

Keep it on then I guess. Why does this upset you so much?

So does no one have any issues with screen tearing? Vsync certainly does make performance better, but it also rips half my screen apart with tearing, and it's impossible to ignore... Looks much worse across multiple monitors.

Default vsync is pretty garbage, I've had to resort to borderless window mode lately to give me a vsync that doesn't drop frames like a fucking bitch once fps occasionally drops below 60 (desktop compositing).

because im tired of the industry creating all these money-milking jewish schemes and people happily falling for it

the industry has become utter shit with overpriced junk, lies, deceit and ripoffs everywhere because people allowed it to be and even like it that way because they believe the memes

it's just triple buffering
opengl has this since forever

*vsync off certainly does make performance better..."

>borderless fullscreen magically prevents fps drop where regular fullscreen doesnt
the fuck are people like you smoking? if the frame is not rendered yet then it isnt rendered and nothing changes that, exclusive or borderless fullscreen will both skip a frame then and wait for the next

Plain vsync causes massive FPS drops when the framerate goes even slightly below 60fps. I can't explain this. However, using the desktop's vsync prevents this, and it works fine, without showing tearing. Unfortunately, this also hurts performance very slightly, but it's better than the fps hitting the floor whenever it goes below 60...

He's one of those unskilled, low IQ individuals that got taken for a ride once before and the pain hurts them so greatly that they'll never believe anything ever again.

Just look at the type of people who deny climate change to this day. To them, they're being conned by the lightbulb industry into buying longer lasting bulbs.

See also: Sup Forums

Remember, we're on Sup Forums.

In most cases fullscreen will perform better than any kind of windowed mode.

Yeah well no shit, but read what I said... Only really does this in GTA V (The only game I play), so it's probably just this game.

>tfw freesync monitor with 30-144 range for less than 300 bucks
i cant go back to using non adaptive sync panels. its so good never worrying about vsync