What's a comfy tech related job? Network/Server Admin? Programmer maybe?

What's a comfy tech related job? Network/Server Admin? Programmer maybe?

I hear server admins can just watch anime all day while on the job, might just be memes though.

Quality Analyst/Quality Engineer

You become a monkey, and you work next to Pajeet and his horrible hiking stories about his unplanned fucked up family.

government sysadmin jobs are comfy, you just watch anime all day and get paid

pay is shit but who cares

Rollercoaster tester

All of them, I would say Software Engineer-Developer, you get space to breath, you grow professionally, there's challenge and the more close to mathematics/functional a language is, the less Pajeets you find. That's unless you work for an Enterprise company.

Currently working as someone who sends alarms to sysadmins and does some VPN troubleshooting.
Pretty comfy most of the time, depending on the day you might be able to watch movies for 8 hours straight.
24/7 so shifts but otherwise it's not too hard

Network admin can be comfy if you're maintaining non-critical services (gov info sites, no online services company, etc). Pays mostly shit but you get what you paid for.
For critical services (bank, telco), you'll be under 24hr on-call so forget about having long vacation and such.

Software engineering/development, imo, is stressful. Sys/network admin jobs can be stressful depending on where you work, what the scale is and what their customer SLAs are.

I'm not sure any of these is comfy unless you work at a small company. I do systems engineering at a large company and my hours are insane, I'm oncall frequently and burnt out at 25.

How shit pay are we talking? Min wage or something between 15-30 USD an hr

Mostly depends on your localities, but you can assume the salaries are a bit more than technician but less than engineers.
So, it's not that bad.

What's shit pay for a tech job? I'm a Accountant IRL and only get payed 55k in NYC.

Kek

50-70k in a low cost of living area, 80+ and pushing 6 figures in places like NYC, SF, DC, etc.

By comparison software engineers, systems engineers etc will make well into 6 figures and maybe over 200k with equity in mid-late career.

I have no source other than personal experience.

55k in NYC IS shit.

I know. But I live in Queens and own my own house so it's alright.

Web dev

That being said though, as long as you have a place to live, 55k is more than enough to do anything you want, unless you're the type to go out and luxury shop for fashion goods every week.

oh shit, accountant in nyc as well. what firm you at?

You will never get minimum wage for a tech job, even helpdesk makes more than that.

I work at a Big 3 hospital. Not a public accountant.