Mozilla is out there to defend the interests of corporations, not users

techrights.org/2014/05/17/mozilla-drm/

Old link, but this is going to be implemented in the upcoming version of Firecucks. Freedom lost.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=firefox netflix&hl=en&tbm=nws&gbv=2
bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786909
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

drm? so i can finally watch netflix on firefox linux right? kewl.

This is considered news?

The real problem lies in lack of viable Alternatives.
Midori comes close, but is medicore in comparison to the botnetted browsers. Embrace the botnet already, regardless which one.

>Freedom lost
freedom was lost when the quirky SJW and their nu-male code artisans took over the project.

>what is seamonkey

Opera is pretty good. You can't rice out the UI but it reminds me of FF 24 or whatever number before they began the "rapid release".

>May 17 2014

Old link, but this is going to be implemented in the upcoming version of Firecucks.

Anything forked of furrycocks is trash.
There was a time it was good due the competition being bad, but these times are over.
Google overrun FF, MS stepped up to at least try to compete again, while Mozilla just stalled innovation. Later on started to ruin it bit-by-bit.
You may remember that FF went downhill after they made the deal with google, that google was set as the default search engine.
Councidence?

Source?

If you're that worried about something that can already be disabled, just download the DRM-free version.

google.com/search?q=firefox netflix&hl=en&tbm=nws&gbv=2

Normalising DRM by making it required for HTML5 compliant browsers emboldens other publishers who also want DRM to become legally required for their content. See the escalating war between users and websites who use Malware Delivery Networks (3rd-party/tracking web ads). When people are okay with their browser using the force of law (DMCA) for video content, what will stop them from demanding that whole websites will require a DRM module to be rendered, so that you cannot modify their appearance client-side to block malware ads in say HTML 5.5?

Getting rid of DRM is not a personal issue. Anyone could avoid watching Netflix and the like. I do it successfully since forever. But a) its popularity, b) its sanctioning from supposedly good people like W3C and Mozilla, and c) it's legal backing by governments is shaping the society. Do you want to leave in a society where secret code runs in privileged modes and no one even complains about it?

>Not dumping SJWfox as soon as they fired their CEO for not supporting gay marriage.

>See the escalating war between users and websites who use Malware Delivery Networks (3rd-party/tracking web ads).
This is precisely why it won't work on a large scale. The moment you try to shove DRM onto everything, the users will start to fight it simply because there is no way for DRM to not be annoying. It's happening with ads, it's starting to happen with javascript, and it will happen with DRM.

As you say, DRM is not a personal issue, but in order for people to do something about it, you have to let them see what's wrong with it in the first place.

>Midori
>coming close
Yeah, if it would stop crashing

wtf i hate firefox now

What's interesting about this is that he was one of the only people against implementing DRM

Very interesting indeed...

I did this. I use Vivaldi now.

Didn't they endorse Hillary?

He deserved it. The prick opposed lesbian marriage.

desu I'm actually happy about this

>they don't have the same beliefs as me they're bad people
Oh shut up.

>using SJWfox when pic related exists

>People continuing to post lies about EME

EME IS ONLY FOR NETFLIX

IF YOU DON'T FUCKING USE NETFLIX, IT DOESN'T FUCKING AFFECT YOU

But hey, keep spreading FUD about DRM and things you don't understand

Reminder that jewggle put a blackbox in chromium

but lesbians

Are you a shill or just mentally challenged? It starts now with Netflix, then Youtube, then newspaper sites, then the whole fucking Internet.

You'll have to either pay fees or be forced to see ads everywhere.

>There's secret code in this open source software I tell ya, I just won't show you where because it's hidden in the open source.

Too bad... Any precise info on the said "blackbox"? You talking about Safari or Blink?

Chromium has 3Rd party components from old forks... Which aren't open source. Don't know the specifics. Waiting for somebody who does.

All I'm seeing is that Firefox for Linux will now support Netflix. That is a good thing. Get fucked Chrome shill!

No excuses bigot, you don't try to ban purest love. He deserved to get fired.

guy + guy = gay as fuck burn
guy + girl = kinda gay but not as gay
girl + girl = purest love

Girl + Guy is most disgusting, more gayer than gay male because its hetshit

>chrome reskin
meh
opera used to be great tho

>>Not dumping SJWfox as soon as they fired their CEO for not supporting gay marriage.
for what?

to clarifiy, i meant dumping firefox for which brower

Freedom won. You have the freedom of watching Netflix now.

Fuck him and fuck js.

>then newspaper sites, then the whole fucking Internet.
>You'll have to either pay fees or be forced to see ads everywhere.
That's not how EME works. What do you think the "M" stands for?

bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=786909
same deal with firefox

>>same deal with firefox
>links to a chromium bug report
user, I...

k

Did I go back in time or something? This has been in several stable Firefox releases already.

That's garbage. The DRM modules/addons/whatever you call them are essential to provide a usable browser for many users.

Mozilla had to chose between losing even more users and compromising for something that's widely used anyway. Are you among the autists that protest MP3 codecs in Ubuntu?

The module should be off by default, but including it is a good thing.

you are hacked.

You use Windows, moron.

This is news for people who do care about their privacy and freedom aka Linux users.

what is that drm thing doing anyway?

Nothing useful, it's just another worthless attmpt to "protect" content from piracy.

If you see the video, then the video is loaded onto your memory. There's literally no way to stop the consumer from abusing this.

If you can see something, you can "steal" it.

Hello my name is Pandoro Schlomowitz and I'm a coding artisan cooperating with the Mozilla team. Mostly I advice them about diversity but that doesn't mean I'm not a good #TransWhoCodes !

Before you ask yes I am transgender. And yes I am a vegan.

I'm here to defend this new idea, it helps bring more diverse people to FF and hey we get to watch RuPauls in Linux without hard stuff like, you know, reading tutorials!

So do we vm and sandbox xp and run firefox 3?

not the same but if you REALLY cared about your privacy you WOULD read up on the Windows version of FF even as a Linux user because it's the same shit from the same maker. Any relevant change in the windows version can and will affect the linux version you tardmaster

I mean you could but that would be kinda retarded. The browser is open source and it's very easy to just compile firefox without the DRM plugin. Mozilla even provides "EME-free" builds of firefox on their ftp server.

If mozilla doesnt implement it firefox will not work

>meme

I'm happy they fired their bigot CEO.

If bigotry is his only fault I'd normally see little reason in firing him. I'd generally take a competent asshole rather than an incompetent niceguy. But there are factors that I recognize. In a larger group of workers for example where people must work WITH one another I would rather take a less skilled individual if it means I do not ruin synergies within the group. Similarly, a person that has a representative roll within a company, a flagship character of some sort if you will, must have a clean image.
I recognize those things. I'd agree with them. Doesn't mean I like it.

>good browser
>only reason you aren't using it is because "muh furry fork"
Just go back to you fucking faggot

>FF 24 or whatever number before they began the "rapid release"
Rapid release began after FF 3.6 (i.e. with FF 4.0). After FF 28.0 (i.e. with FF 29.0) the Australis garbage UI was implemented. Maybe you confused the two.

Isn't Tor like super compromised now and nothing but honeypots?

What the fuck are you talking about

You are a disgrace

fbi/nsa/dhl all have a fuck ton of exit nodes recording everything that pass through them

I loved Firefox 4.0

DHL? Like... the shipping company?

Just use the DRM free branding of FF RIchard.

just use QupZilla

dept. of homeland security

Apparently, reading is too hard for Sup Forums these days.