I need a new bluetooth speaker for work (indoors). I don't have a budget restriction but I still shop for value...

I need a new bluetooth speaker for work (indoors). I don't have a budget restriction but I still shop for value. My experience with BT speakers thus far has been:

808 Hex: Decent. Poor battery life, distortion pretty bad at high volumes.
UE Roll: Loved this speaker, let a friend borrow it and he never returned it. Derp.
G-Drop: Not awful, not great. Got it for free.

I would like my next purchase to blow me away and change my expectation of BT speakers. I was considering the JBL Flip 3/JBL Charge 3. Anyone know how these 2 compare in sound quality? Features? Quirks?

Should I be considering a different speaker? Im not /completely/ averse to the larger "boombox" sized speakers that have been popping up as of late but I need something that can be charged from USB not AC only. The advantage of the larger speaker would really have to outweigh the loss in portability too.

What do you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CmTNOULu914
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I got a Logitech UE Boom. Its loud and battery lasts a long time. Audio is probably ok. I use Genelecs at home so everything else sounds like shit.

I use one of the smaller braven speakers.

It's waterproof and has indoor and outdoor sound modes with a built in power bank. Very solid sound and fits whatever you're doing.

>bluetooth
>speaker
>work
>indoors
>battery life

????????
Are you streaming your sound in work from phone to crap battery powered speakers through crap blue tooth connection? What?

I wanna hear your use case which requires this BIZARRE solution.

>What do you guys think?
Battered powered speakers is meme.
Why not buy normal speakers, plug them in socket like normies do and blast the disco on?

I work in a warehouse operating mobile power equipment. We're not allowed to use headphones for safety reasons but speakers are permitted.

That speaker sounds like ass
Just go for jbl

Flip, charge, or the xtreme?

I've got the Charge 2 +. It's pretty awesome and apparently the Charge 3 is even better. Definitely get the Charge 3.

Xtreme if you want sub bass
The other two if you want them easily portable

i dont think theres a big difference between the charge 2 and charge 3 sound-wise. one is fully waterproof and the other is splashproof

Bose sound link is pretty good imo, not usually a big Bose person but I got it as a gift and use it just about every day. If there's one con I would say you can't move the phone too far away from the speaker

I'll vouch for the JBL Flip 3, I have been pretty impressed with mine. Sounds great and gets louder than I have ever needed.

If you think you might have battery life worries or need something better than just splashproof then it might be worth going for the Charge 3.

HARMAN KARDON Omni 20 Bluetooth

I pulled the trigger on 2x JBL Flip 3s. One for me one for my friend, might be cool to try linking them in stereo mode.

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

I wonder how it would feel like if you put one of those elongated speakers, put them in a condom, tied it up and shoved it up your ass..and then played a song.

Depends on the song.

If you like the bass, try this little thing.

Its 200$, and kicks hard.

But try to test them if they have it on display on the store first. Sound may be a bit noisy in the middles.

A friend of mine has the JBL charge 2. Really great sound and nice bass.

b(ass) heavy

>bose

wanna get blown away? get bose soundlink 3. "I don't have a budget restriction but still shop for value." ermm. it's good that you have no budget restriction. it is hands down the best speaker out there, I did my research when I got the 2nd generation one. every mobile battery-powered speaker sucks donkeyballs, except for bose soundlink (not the mini ones, ovsly). 300 euros, it's a sour amount of money, but once it's gone, it's gone, and you'll love the speaker. You'll keep on loving it because it just won't fucking die and the battery lasts forever, reminding you that you paid 250+ dollaridoos on a mobile speaker. I have a real love-hate relationship with mine.

soundlink normal is barely more expensive and has way more to offer soundwise. op doesn't care about price, does about value.

Bose what?

youtube.com/watch?v=CmTNOULu914

>I need a new bluetooth speaker for work
Buy headphones instead and don't spam others with your music taste.

Way to not read the thread.