Someone asks for a gaming laptop for college

>someone asks for a gaming laptop for college
>must play modern games at medium settings at more than 30fps
>gives an unrealistic budget
>gaming when you should be studying for college

>someone wants to build a gaming pc so he can be part of the LE MASTER RACE XDDD
>gives an unrealistic budget for what he is looking for
>the budget is for the parts only, no os, no peripherals.
>Thinks he is better than console peasants

These threads need to banned on sight

>"PC Gaming is actually cheaper than console gaming in the long run. For the price of a console you could build a computer that would last twice as long.

>Proceed to post dozens of bullshit ~$500 builds, all of which cut massive corners somewhere like cheaping out on the power supply, none of which include monitors, mice, keyboard, operating systems, or controllers.

>Forget that the GPU race alone costs more than a console does and has similar lifespan. If you want to keep consistent performance you will need to upgrade that card at least once every 2 or 3 years if you want to play the newest games.

PCMR faggots are the worst kind of cancer. They took a meme and made it real life.

PCMR is the equivalent of modern day hipster vinyl faggots that listen on Crosley players with the built-in speakers

I remember back in the day when pc gaming was a luxury

a lot of that is untrue but some of it is.
buying windows is for people who dont care about efficiency.

Yeah, bullshit faggot.

A 7970 is still BEATING the PS4 in most games and that shit's 5 years old.

>hurr doesn't include a monitor
Like the consoles include a TV, faggot
>mice
$5 microsoft mouse
>keyboard
$5 microsoft keyboard
>operating system
So worthless MS don't even bother charging for 10
>controllers
You can use a much cheaper wired 360 controller with a PC vs $60+ for a shit xbone or PS4 one when they inevitably break.

To be fair, REAL PC gaming that is capable of putting all the advantages PCs have to use still is a luxury. If you want to play game that are coming out right now at full settings and take advantage of things like mods you're going to need a lot more than a budget build.

Source: Have low-tier gaming desktop, games like Fallout 4 won't even launch until I get a new GPU.

You are more likely to have a tv, faggot.

Also
>buying used parts

>wants a good, sturdy laptop with great specs that survives through the entirety of college
>300 bucks budget
Investing in your studies isn't a joke people. Get good hardware for fuck's sake.

>no os

You have to pay for os?

If you're building a real gaming PC and aren't a nigger thief, then yes.

>someone asks for anything related to gaming

These threads need to be banned on sight

At that point, its the best to buy a used business laptop that should have an i5.

You don't need a overclocked i7, 32gb of ram and 980m gpu to take notes

You mean something you can plug a computer into just like a console?
Good work, nigger.

>thief
Microsoft didn't even bother to block pirated Win7/8/8.1 keys for the free upgrade to 10, why do you give a shit when they clearly don't?

>Buying operative system

As someone using a current gen dell laptop with an i3, this is actually a really very solid laptop for the price i got it at (when they had that 25% off deals). Built well, decent screen, quite good battery life, easy upgrade for the SSD and another 4gb stick of ram to make it 8gb dual channel, pretty good speakers, solid wi-fi, acceptable trackpad and not even too bad of a keyboard. Full Windows 7 and Ubuntu support, too.

Next year these things will be an excellent buy on the used market.

Doesn't play too many modern games, but considering the vast majority of modern games are shit, who cares.

I built a PCMR for 1300 and rarely use it. T530 is always my go to. Video games are shit. When it takes a shit I'm not getting another desktop.

What else could they do if they have no computer to download it beforehand?

I don't like computers

>wear saggy pants
>walk into pcworld
>put a few windows 10 discs into your roomy trousers
>get a couple of copies of norton for good measure
>leave

something with chromebook specs should do the job.
All i care about is a 1080p screen and the ability to do hardware accelerated video decoding.

I work in IT and I get this every summer from parents who want to buy their kid a great laptop, but don't want to spend any money.

>found an old pentium mmx laptop in a dumpster
>24 mb ram
>manage to get a modern kernel + busybox running on it
>use it for notes because its smaller and lighter than my usual laptop