What's the reason for any phone I touch losing signal until I place it back down again?

What's the reason for any phone I touch losing signal until I place it back down again?

It's fucking infuriating, I can't reliably use any mobile phone because it just loses signal in my hands, I'm not even talking about the stupid iphone misdesign problem, this seems to happen with any phone I try.

Too much salt in my diet or something? An unusual static charge? What's the reason and is there anything I can do about it?

I am a fat fuck but I see other fat fucks using phones all the goddamn time and this is getting to be a nuisance now.

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.signalmonitoring.gsmsignalmonitoring
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Find a way to get hired at Google, and please touch some of their servers.

You're the anti-botnet man.

Make list of phones you have problems with.
Let's see all the shit devices we should avoid like leprosy.

Galaxy S3
Galaxy S4
Some Nokia phone that had a sliding keyboard on it
Sagem My x-2
Iphones of all types
Doro old person big button phone
Razr
Orange san fransisco II
Janus One Miniphone

These are some of the phones that friends and family have had over the years which I remember trying and failing with

Wow, some of the devices are well known and can't be blamed.

>losing signal
And by that you mean?
GSM
G2
G3
G4
LTE
WiFi 2,4GHz
Wifi 5GHz
Where do you live?
Are your hand huge?
Made from iron?
Have you ever been in MRI? X-ray?

are you an X-man?

When you touch the phone it immediately loses signal? What about when you stop touching it, does it gains the signal back instantly?

I mean signal reception, no longer able to make/receive calls or messages, nor internet access. It just gradually fades down to nothing over the course of about 60 seconds.

I live in a rural area with poor signal to begin with but it's not THAT bad, everyone has a phone.

My hands are normal size for an overweight adult male I think?

I've had xrays but never an MRI.

Loses signal gradually when I pick the phone up, signal seems to kind of pop back up to full a short time after I put it down again. Could be to do with how the phone sends out a signal check pulse intermittently?

install GMS Signal Monitoring
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.signalmonitoring.gsmsignalmonitoring

Post screen of graph and general info, this sounds unbelievable.
When I am holding my phone, my signal drops only from -83 to -91 dbm which means nothing. Maybe you just live in area where signal is crap generally and your hand pushes it to 0.

I don't have a phone to install anything on but when I get my hands on someone elses I'll be sure to try. Thread'll be gone no doubt but i'd like to see the results myself, thanks!

If it's any help I used to have a phone which this didn't happen to, an old Motorola handheld, must have been almost twenty years ago now. Red plastic, shaped like a brick, monochrome green LCD screen and an external antenna. Used it while I was in school. Can't remember the model sorry.

Ah i've found the old phone I used to use, one of these. Mine has a red plastic front cover on it though.

do you have an implant or a pacemaker or something? did you have significant surgery at some point? did you swallow a magnet? do you set off alarms at airports?

No to all of those.

I work with electronics in a garage that repairs busses, working on the wiring looms etc possible that could be related? Often working with 24v systems.

nice quads
go and check yourself for static lekky
see if electromagnets malfunction around you
do you eat an unusual amount of iron? (red meat etc)

I do eat a lot of beef actually, ground and steaks, get them from my brother-in-law's farm up the valley. Surely that can't be it? everyone eats meat.

Not noticed anything else acting strange but I don't have an electromagnet handy to check with.

how much of your brother's beef do you eat?
if you are walking around with a lot of iron in you and work in an electronics garage. maybe you are carrying around some charge.

try grounding yourself by touching earth or a bit of metal stuck in the earth or a bit of metal plugged into a wall socket and see if that fixes it.

this is a really interesting issue by the way.

You probably don't have to install anything. Just go to Settings->About phone->Status->SIM status (varies a bit by ROMs) and you'll see your signal strength.

It's hard to say really, It's mostly the ground meat I get from him, it's free see as he slaughters and butchers it on the farm, takes a load home with him and gives me some too.

I probably make a big minced beef and onion pie a week or so? I don't think it's an unusual amount to be honest.

I doubt it's a charge issue, i'd be knackering components wouldn't I? Some of these bus consoles are very static sensitive but ive never dicked one up yet.

no idea what else it could be.
do you frequently get electric shocks?

I do, I'm always getting shocks off handrails in clothes shops and off cars.

do your peers at the garage have similar problems?

I doubt it, it's hard to get some of them off their fucking phones sometimes.

I'm the only sparky there though, rest are bodywork or mechanics.

you're a fucking walking battery
touch earth before you pick up a phone

I'm intrigued by how an alleged static field could interfere with high frequency signals.

I don't think it is static related myself, like I said, I work with things that are pretty damn sensitive to static electricity, I'd be buggering up components if it was just a big static charge on myself, wouldn't I?

Maybe we'll just never know and I have to get a phone with an extending aerial.

You're holding it wrong.

>What's the reason for any phone I touch losing signal until I place it back down again?
>iphone

Found your problem.