Is building a PC worth it anymore? Or should I just get a premade?

Is building a PC worth it anymore? Or should I just get a premade?

Other urls found in this thread:

slickdeals.net/f/8973935-cyberpowerpc-syber-vapor-xtreme-i7-6700-16gb-ddr4-2800-gtx-1080-480gb-ssd-600w-psu-win10-home-1391-75-with-f-s?src=catpagev2
dan-cases.com/dana4.php
youtube.com/watch?v=bKgRiqXbyuI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Install gentoo

Oh I will, rest assured.

Install gentoo

"xD"

This guy gets it

nah mang, they always charge a shit-ton more for pre-builts

of course it is worth it. exhibit A (a premade) costs 290€. A rig of the same specs costs 220 if you make it yourself (without winblows)

did you not buy windows for your system?

Building is always worth it. The only thing that sucks is the $100 windows key. Or free Linux distro if you enjoy headaches.

you said you will install gentoo. and no i didn't buy windows. I had a license from an old laptop I had.

i'm not OP, but maybe i'll be doing that too

prebuilts are cheaper when you can find the right deals.

slickdeals.net/f/8973935-cyberpowerpc-syber-vapor-xtreme-i7-6700-16gb-ddr4-2800-gtx-1080-480gb-ssd-600w-psu-win10-home-1391-75-with-f-s?src=catpagev2

don't know if it's still available, but you can't build something yourself in the same form factor for less cash

Building it is worth it if for no other reason the piece of mind that you don't have shitty parts in your computer. The proprietary motherboards and PSUs in prebuilts make me want to kill myself. Really the only benefit I can think of is the you can get support for the entire machine instead of each individual part.

exhibit B is an asus ROG g20cb which costs 1100€. building yourself brings you down to 1k flat with windows 10 license but you lose the special form factor.

Buying a good used prebuilt is better than building a new PC because of the money.
Building a new PC is better than buying a new prebuilt because of the quality.

Well, you should always pick the parts yourself, for the sake of having a decent psu, if nothing else.

places like ibuypower and cyberpowerpc use off the shelf items you could get off newegg or anywhere, typically good/high end things. you only run into super cheap parts if you buy from hp/dell typically as other places let you decide the actual piece from a list

look at the parts listing in the link

Wait for the upcoming Asus Gaming laptops. They will offer an hour underclocked 1060 that is on par with a heavy clocked GTX 980 and come with a 144hz g-sync 1ms panel.

Buy used workstations, there's pretty much more reason to buy anything else.

If you want to put in the work, you can probably get this case:
dan-cases.com/dana4.php
And slap your own shit in it.

Custom shit like the thing you listed is probably non-user serviceable.

>battery life so bad they don't list it
They're an amazing concept, but wait till things get better.

1060 gaming laptops are already out you don't need to wait.

building a pc is literally just "put square peg in square hole" easy. There is no reason to not do it

Its more rewarding, it will be easier for you to understand how to repair it if it comes to it. You get to rifle through reviews and control the quality of your final build. I like building my own.

You can buy it for 5 bucks a pop on ebay, for the win 7 keys. If you are a masochist you can still upgrade to win 10 with them.

Putting it together is the easy part.
Knowing exactly what you need, and what's compatibility with everything is where things can get slightly complex

For example,
Someone will see AMD FX-9590 8-Core 4.7 GHz priced at $250.

Then they'll see i7 4-core 4.0ghz priced at $350.

They'll most likely pick the amd because it's cheaper and "wow bigger numbers means better..right", not realizing exactly why this is a horrible decision. Or worse they'll get some 1,050Watt PSU(cuz wow bigger numbas), but it's some random no name brand which will fuck your build up.

you should really know what you're getting into before building a desktop. This involves knowing what brands to get, how you plan to use your computer, and making sure the mobo supports it all.

looks pretty easy to service actually. older model but looks like same sort of case: youtube.com/watch?v=bKgRiqXbyuI

sometimes it's nicer to just pick it up out of a box, plug kb/m and monitor, and be done.

It always is, but more than anything, its just fun. It feels so much more satisfying using a pc that you put together with your own hands.

no if you have better things to do than worry about getting the right parts and having them all work

If you work or game, build it.

>America
Is that real? Looks like it could be from my country because that's basic english shit