Put computer together

>Put computer together
>Turn it on, fans spin up, USBs are powered, etc
>Turns off after like 5 seconds and then proceeds to cycle

What the fuck do I do? I've reset the CMOS, I've tried booting without an HDD in and without RAM, I've unplugged the GPU, reseated the processor and heatsink, checked all the connections... I'm at a loss.

Other urls found in this thread:

gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5522#bios
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Does the beeper beep (or mb led blink)? Or do you get anything on your display?

does it post?

The MB led lights up for the duration it's on, but nothing comes up on display

Did you plug everything good in? Check the mobo plug, maybe it isnt completely plugged in.

Had that a while back. Was a faulty PSU.

I checked it like 16 times
It had a tester and checked out

Check the CPU power cable

Make sure the cooler is properly set?

Post specs specs.

Probably shitty/ faulty psu.

I've reseated it several times
Can't post specs, I can't even get to the BIOS to install an OS, but here's the garbage I bought

>I've tried booting without an HDD in and without RAM
Try one stick at a time, and various slots.

Generally the other things people are suggesting would be issues that would cause your system to power off immediately, not after five seconds and go into a loop.

I have, I've seated the RAM in every slot there is

Where's the graphics card?

Oh, I had an old GTX 470 I got off a friend for free to work for the interim, my bad. I had PLANNED to upgrade it next month, but with it not working..

Works without?

It does not

Can you try a different PSU? A different motherboard?

Did you connect the extra powerlines from the PSU to the CPU? It's a rookie mistake to miss that one. Speaking from experience on my first build.

Also try sticking the RAM into every slot, and if you can try a different stick if that doesn't work

Not without buying a new one and I sorta blew all I had spare on the bits I do have

Are you plugged into a strip or surge protector? My surge protector went bad and my comp wouldn't turn on all the way. The mobo posted but nothing happened after. Worked fine plugged into the wall

Is there a digital readout on the motherboard? See if there's an error code and consult the manual.

Did that
The only extra bits on my PSU are the SATA nonsense
For the purpose of testing I had it plugged right into the wall
I get no output whatsoever

System will loop with bad ram stick. Had 2 x sticks of G.Skill ddr3 fail on me in the past.

Happened to me two weeks ago. Tried everything else (changed mobos ffs) than PSU and of course it was the PSU. It was two month old Corsair CX450M which I had used in another build. I still hope I didn't damage the original mobo as I started to go insane.

So you tried different RAM too? Can you ask someone for an old PSU maybe? To try that out?

Otherwise all that's left is RMAing everything and see what they answer, or just return it to the seller if you can.

did you try booting through the motherboard only, without the video card?

I don't have any friends to borrow bits off of, nor can I afford to try different RAM

I did. Tried it unplugged from the PSU and then took the damn thing out entirely

Also, PSU is one of the easiest to test: just unplug the PSU in the case and plug test PSU's motherboard connectors. Turn on normally and see if anything happens.

Do you have a motherboard speaker plugged in? It'll give you beep codes to tell you what's wrong.

Make sure the CPU fan is plugged in to the right motherboard header. ;)

Guarantee ram stick is either faulty or its the psu.

CPU fan is fine, spins up and shit. I don't (currently) own any speakers, would I be able to just shove my headphones into it?

Your ram might be the reason, i5 2500 supports up to 2133mhz, your ram is 2400 mhz. Yes I know that in most cases ram is just downclocked but I think that op has a rare case.

Had the same problem OP. I RMA'd my Mobo and it worked fine when I got it back.

But I don't have a 2500?

My motherboard has 3 fan headers a water , opt fan, CPU fan it'll turn on on either one but it'll throw errors at me.

And no a motherboard speaker plugs directly into the motherboard where you plug the power switch and hdd lights.

Does your motherboard have onboard video? Try taking the graphics card out and seeing if the onboard works.

Did you seat the CPU correctly?

Go to a locks computer shop and buy a motherboard speaker should be super fucking cheap ( if not free ) or it should've came with your case or motherboard.

Sorry, I meant the 6500, 2500 doesnt even support ddr4.

>doesnt even know what a MB speaker is
>trys and fails to build a PC

average Sup Forums browser

Pretty fucking much my PC didn't come with a speaker and I had to go out and buy one. I thought Mobo shipped with one but I guess not.

Find someone with a old desktop and use the PSU from that. I mean, it's easier to say you did that you didn't.

>How DARE you never have built a PC before!

Odd. It never threw up any errors in my (probably lacking, considering my inexperience) research

>going outside.

Pleb.

could be the ram speed. i just checked your motherboard specs and it supports up to 2133 mhz . but even 2400 mhz should downclock to 2133 automatically no?

That's how I understood it, but maybe not?

its possible but pretty unlikely. maybe an older bios is preventing it from downclocking? not sure wtf is going on desu

gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5522#bios

revision: F5 seems to have some kind of DDR4 XMP compatiblity fix.

But if it's just rebooting before I can even get to BIOS, how am I meant to update it?

I have no idea lmao