Have you actually used Test Disk to recover deleted files?

Have you actually used Test Disk to recover deleted files?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Windows_software#File_recovery_tools
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Data_recovery
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/File_recovery
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes

Is it true what they say then?

It is the best pro/g/ram to recovery deleted files?

I did a practice run recovering my files from hardware raid0.
Also tried to recover photos off my android phone after my cat died and I realized they'd all got deleted somehow. Sadly I couldn't recover anything.

Thank you for telling dude, I am on the same page as you and condolences for the cat.
I've lost few.

Have you tried do use other program then?

Here is the list of them recommended from Sup Forums

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Windows_software#File_recovery_tools

Try PhotoRec, it specializes in recovering image files. It may help where TestDisk alone couldn't.

yeap, on a drive someone formatted and reinstalled Windows. Used it and surprisingly recover a complete partition with all the files. I believe every recovery tool has better chances to get files back if you don't rewrite the space used by those files completely.

Much obliged dudes, when I gave the link with the list of recommended recovery tools, I opened it and noticed I missed another one in it just under the tittle so I opened it and there was PhotoRec and extundelete as well as Recuva and TestDisk which I have already installed

So next on my install list are exactly PhotoRec and extundelete

and this is the sub link I found them in, if it's any use of anyone

wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Data_recovery

Try to use the tools from a live usb. The more you use the drive you want to recover the files the harder it gets to recover, none of the tools does magic and in most cases you'll improve chances to get your shit back if you barely touch it after loosing the files.
Good luck and I hope you get everything you lost back

Thank you man, I was told Recuva is the wiser choice, than TestDisk/PhotoRec, do you think so?

chkdsk broke my system and that was the last straw before i switched to linux. It ran on start up without asking, after windows rebooted it self.

Tried photorec to recover some files from my camera. First use DD to make a .img of your disk, then mount that .img and recover that way. Sadly, all my movies were unrecoverable but photos were fine

Ok

I used ddrescue to do just that this past weekend. Worked like a charm.

yeah it works fine

Thank you dude, but isn't ddrescue only for Linux-based systems?

Used it for the first time a couple of days ago when my chink SD Card USB Adapter fucked my Shark's MBR. TestDisk was able to locate the partition information with a hitch.

However, if you want to recover actual files, I'd recommend PhotoRec.

yeah

both i and recuva worked like a charm

So far Wondershare Photo Recovery
and Recuva did great results, as I'm leaning towards Recuva, I will give a try on the PhotoRec right now and, just to confirm extundelete and ddrescue are not for Windows based systems right?

I deleted a friends partition in order to reinstall Windows only for them to tell me right afterwards that they had no backups. I shut off the machine to stop any possibility of overwriting the data. Booted Ubuntu, and used test disk to recover the files.

yes
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/File_recovery

Repaired partition header or whatever on multiple devices with it.

Yes, it's fucking glorious if you fuck the MBR by accident, not good for decayed hard drives though....careful with it.