What power bank do you have, and do you reccomend it?

What power bank do you have, and do you reccomend it?

Why would I need one?

phone or your laptop.

Some $9 PNY one I got at Walmart.

I recommend the shit out of it.

AILI 4x 18650 power bank.

If you want to use your own cells it's great. I recommend it, but if you don't have your own 18650s it's better value to go with a xiaomi instead

>laptop
pic related
>phone
battery lasts two days

xiaomi?

Xiaomi 10000mAh with 2A input and 2A output is ~15usd iirc

ITT: icucks and onecuck/nexuscuck users

My Thinkpad with 100Wh battery and always-on USB in my backpack. Not pretty but it's a massive tank of power, like 6 and a half times my phone's capacity.

This generic one I got on eBay, bought it just because it had a solar panel.
>do you recommend
Definitely.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT

Within 4-5 charges this device will have a 50/50 chance to work properly or refuse to work. When charging/discharging, the light will flash & the device will work properly, after those ~15 seconds the light will turn off and the device will refuse to work until you press the button again.

Anybody with a phone or laptop could benefit from a powerbank

None of the above reporting in

Xiaomi 10Ah. Yes, definitely. It's better and cheaper than almost all the crap out there, both in terms of charging / discharging electronics and the 18650 batteries it internally uses.

I on the other hand can't recommend these.

The solar panel is super small and next to useless, and everything else about them is poor as well.

No, not with a laptop. For a laptop, get a laptop battery for your model.

All I can really say is I've had it for over a year and haven't needed to plug it in to charge once, so that's definitely a plus

Then you don't need one. Fuck off

But you are obviously not using this daily.

Most of them including I think this specific model have like 4Ah @ 3.6V of the 30Ah rated or some shit like that, and most definitely a solar panel this small (it's like 1.5W) can't even charge that below two real world days because you have extra charging efficiency losses and not so many hours of full sun.

>But you are obviously not using this daily.
Definitely not. It's just there for when I need it.

A PNY and a little PocketJuice. Both do their deal fine.

Well, I suppose it should work for some once-a-week up to 80% of 4Ah @ 3.6V - kind of usage.

I guess I'm just very unhappy with it because I tried to use it with EDC / hiking / stationary use at home for charging at night, all of which can't work nearly satisfactory. It was clearly inferior to just bringing an about equally sized good power bank that has no solar panel, though the ultimate solution was just to bring a bigger solar panel.

Which is preferable in your experience: having an extra battery to switch when necessary or having a power bank that will take time to recharge but has a much larger capacity?

There are tons of banks out there to charge a phone, but I've never heard of a good one for charging a laptop. That actually sounds useful so I'll bite; what's on the market out there?

For laptops and LED lamps and the like switch batteries.

For smartphones and development boards and such, use a good power bank. Again suggesting Xiaomi as default choice.

Since USB PD can deliver 20v I've been wondering if it's possible to force 20v output to charge a laptop.
Then you can carry a 20Ah powerbank to have 20h on laptop with medium usage.

Xiaomi Power Bank
10k mAH
Cost me like £15
Yes.

Power banks. They can charge just about anything, as opposed to only charging the device they're made for. If you have your phone in your pocket and a bag with a tablet, a portable speaker, a portable keyboard, and a 3DS in it, the power bank will help you, and the spare battery won't.

This one. Newtrent 14,000 mA/h
>Do you recommend it?
Considering that it's somewhat heavy, it does pack a big charge so yes, I do.

Got an Anker E5 16000mah a couple of years ago. Used it with DAP, Galaxy S4 (and currently Note5), and tablet. Useful on vacation and trips as it provides battery backup in case I'm too busy to recharge and only have to bring one plug. Though I don't understand why they bother putting a flashlight on the thing. The light on a smartphone is bigger and brighter.

Recommend? Yeah. I just wish I could use it as an emergency jump starter too.

Got one for $9.5 on sale.

Citibank or HSBC.

Nice. It's a good pickup I love mine, I always have my phone and tablet with me and people always appreciate being able to borrow it

Pny rev 16000mah
got it at best buy for $25

Xiaomi 10000mAh. Really fucking cheap, good build quality and it's just enough to charge my phone or ebook 2-3 times

Enjoy that shit being obsolete as soon as you upgrade your laptop, also power banks let you share with others too

Jackery brand 12000mAh bank. I use it for anything and everything usb powered. I only use a power bank because I use solar panels to charge, and the uneven power supply from pv cells can shit up batteries over time

I have a Aukey power bank.
Not bad, but you can't charge it while charging your phone. I'd recommend the Xiaomi power bank

i should get one for my ecig (got a 1650mah one set to 4.3 volts), always annoying when it runs out in public.

Ravpower and ankin are best brands I've used. Went through like 300 for company testing

Oukitel k6000 pro best power bank so far

> power bank
It's a battery you dumb fuck

where to get non-face xiaomi power bank? Aren't like 75% of them fake ones? I don't want to set the world on fire

I got my Xiaomi Bank 10k mA from Aliexpress today

In MCT I bought a PowerFlask which was great. I could charge mine and my buddy's phone completely and still have some juice left in the flask.

What size? I got a pny one at walmart too, 14000mah. Its pretty good. Wish it would fast charge my samsung though

Most 10000mAh for really cheap are fakes.

aka a power bank

You have a point there.

On the other hand, a laptop power bank has usually like 3x the cost ($100 something rather than $30 or such) and 20% extra weight or something like that.

Not entirely sure it works out great.

Either /csg/ approved stores or the aliexpress sellers that EXPLICITLY claim they are selling genuine Xiaomi products and that have okay ratings (though you could get a refund from Aliexpress good ratings or not...)

Are there any decently priced ones with usbc or should I get a converter from usb?

>Why would I need one?
Camping trips where you need to work online a little every day.
My business requires a minimum of 30 minutes every day, no days off.

I got a 13600mAh for 14.99 and it fast charges my Samsung. Not sure if the sake for it is still there though

Gearbest is legit, some aliexpress sellers too apparently.

asus accidentally sent me two of pic related when I bought my zenfone instead of just one.

Sometimes I make them charge eachother ;)

got mine from Gearbest and its legit

3rd generation Anker battery back up. 2 years old. Works great. It's been a tremendous life saver for daily life believe me.

I would like to get a super high capacity battery that is decent quality. 20k mah or up preferably.
Anyone know a good one?

ur mum

>Sometimes I make them charge eachother ;)
That's exactly why I bought two powerbanks.
Infinite power

Wouldn't they actually lose charge over time just because of heat?

No. They charge faster than discharge. So you just have to keep it above a decent level and have always power

Ok kid

and it can jump my car

my zenbook has magic usb port that charge my phone without turning it on. pure sorcery

are there any usb c powerbanks under $50 (>10000mah)

thinking of getting one for longer camping trips

Bought one from Anker ("2. Gen Astro E3") with 10000mAH about 4 years ago on Amazon.

Got this for $10 on Amazon. 10,700mah

Fluxmob Bolt 2, like to pack minimal/light. having a wall plug and power bank all together is great

10,800 mAh Xiaomi one, advertised as 16,000 at 3.6V. Do not trust Chinese advertising. It refills my phone's battery 4 to 5 times tho.

Gearbest its like 27 bucks

Anker.

>6000 mAh
>$80.00

Lol what the fuck? You can get triple that for half the price

Haven't been in a situation where I had to charge my samshit note 5 more than twice using just the bank and I typically have it plug into the wall when having an extended stay at local coffee shop

There's an Anker 20k mAh 5V power bank on sale for half price on Amazon for 30£, about the same price in the US Amazon as well. Ordered mine a few days ago.

I have one of these in solid blue. It's heavy, but I only ever need it when I have a backpack(I.e. travel or special events.) Works really well

my phone is a powerbank

How big would a solar panel have to be to fully recharge a typical power bank ~3 times a day?