Is 144HZ worth it?

I can run most games on max settings, but I have a 390 and I won't be able to do 144 fps for pretty much anything unless it's something like Rocket League. Help me out here Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009847
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

From your post alone, no, it's not worth it. Just get a good IPS 1440p screen for the same or less cost.

Any recommendations? Here is a Speccy just in case.

144hz isn't just for gaming, it's also for the desktop experience. Well worth it if your desktop is the only thing the monitor can run at 144hz.

As someone that just went from 3x1080@60 to a single Z35(2560x1080 21:9). holy shit is it worth it. Everything is so buttery smooth.

Just remember to set the refresh rate in the advanced monitor settings because Windows defaults to 60 even if you have a 60+Hz monitor.

I have heard its a lot more smoother, which would be nice because I do a lot of work on my computer at home. The extra space from the increased resolution wouldn't hurt either I guess.

>Rocket League
hola reddito

get a better processor
AMD is shit
for monitors: dell makes good 1440p 60hz IPS

here user, newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009847 this is the freesync version of the one i got.

If you get both without a decent graphics card then gaming is gonna be really bad for you. You have to watch videos at 1440p and play games at 1440p which your graphics card may not be able to handle and without being able to do that, games don't look good downscaled.

Of course you should go for it if you can, but it's also good to be aware of the disappointments you might get.

As well as for watching movies and shows on you monitor or if you have an HTPC.

My graphics card is decent. I hit about 50 fps on maxed out Witcher 3 and about 100 fps on Overwatch... but that will only go down if I were to get a 1440p screen.

Yeah hopefully Zen turns out to be good, if not I'll probably go Intel.

If you are into competitive gayming, since you want this snakeoil of a monitor, your might as well play games on the lowest setting to ensure the maximum framerate

Every pro does it, having too much details and effects on the screen will spoil your concentration

Why would it be snakeoil? Would you care to explain?

I picked up 3 144hz monitors a while back. Only reason I regret it is because I don't game much anymore. If you're still into games, get it. Shit is so fucking smooth.

you have a 390 you might as well get a freesync too

75-90Hz monitors are fine
144 and 166 Hz monitors usually have bad colours

I have a 390X and play most stuff on high with 100+ fps on a 144hz freesync

games look smoother but the colours are kind of shit

Present a lot of hasty generalizations?

r9 390 with 144Hz freesync monitor here
you wont get 144fps in most games but its still nice not having to worry about screen tearing or using v sync
for some MP games that arent super demanding (blops 3 and bf4 off the top of my head) you will likely not reach 144fps but youll still be around the 80-120 fps range which will feel a lot smoother and responsive to 60fps
once you get it you really cant go back. its a luxury but i dont regret getting 144hz/freesync one bit
do note that your card will run hotter due to being 100% load almost all the time compared to 60Hz where its usually holding back if you have vsync on

144hz freesynx worth it with the rx 480?

Thanks user.

Roomate has a 390 and that same monitor (the ben Q 1440p freesync)

Says its a great combo, he can't run shit at ultra, but medium-high will definitely get you to at least 60+ fps

Older games and esports games will definitely run at 100+ on ultra, just don't expect the lastest triple A games to be on ultra

tl;dr, have realistic expectations and you'll be pretty satisfied

Resolution trumps everything, go get the highest res 60hz screen you can afford. You will thank me next time you replace your GPU.

>bf4
>not demanding
huh?