Why's this browser so fucking garbage

Why's this browser so fucking garbage
Slow as garbage and half the time when I watch a youtube video the video plays but there's no fucking VIDEO, just audio

Wat? I use this all the time & luv it

Install gentoo.

Well when I watch youtube video's, takes like 5 seconds to load them before playing and sometimes I get a black screen with audio, and have to keep refreshing until the video fucking shows

When I play embedded YT videos in full screen, as soon as the video ends, Firefox crashes. Good thing I can just pipe them through mpv

No, I want my PC to play videogames, not be a spreadsheet only machine

##version 2
begin copypasta
-----------------------
PUBLIC NOTICE
Computer hardware(besides the hard drive) does not degrade slowly. If you're bitching about your computer being slow, it's because you mismanaged the software horribly. Either bloatware, or an OS that the hardware is not equipped to handle.
Furthermore, if a piece of software appears to be unusable, it is more than likely your own fault. Either for using it on a machine that doesn't have the power, or mismanaging the programs files.
Fix your goddamn software, you son of a bitch.

There was a point in time where I'd agree with you, but I just kinda stuck it out because of habit. And now that you mention it, I haven't had any real issues in ages... Seems pretty stellar now, come to think of it.

I never really understand all the problems talk about having with Firefox. For me it works as well as pretty much any other browser I have used. I think some offer other features that make them attractive on a subjective level though.

It's no longer a modern browser, a hentai streaming website told me so.

Check connection speed. Ur torrent client is probably hogging network bandwidth. Lol

I don't got a torrent client
But I just reinstalled flash and now the video is finally showing.
I have a router that keeps giving out though.

Dialup connection detected

How would I diagnose this? I'm not OP, but I use Ubuntu and firefox has gotten super slow for me. Last things I installed were emacs, and shutter for taking screenshots.

>not using opera or maxthon

Why

>I have a router that keeps giving out though

That's it then, get a new 1. Tell us all about it real soon

THE VIDEO STOPPED SHOWING AGAIN
FUCK U
GOING BACK TO CHROME

rm -rf .cache/mozilla
it'll remove all your settings and extensions, keep in mind.

>GOING BACK TO CHROME
Lmao

source of video?

I'll try that tomorrow, I'm on my laptop right now.
Thanks, user.

ahhh sweet chrome, i'm home beautiful

So I should upgrade my hardware just because some SJW bloated the software?

>2016
>Flash

>memes
implying there's anything else, you moron

>youtube video the video plays but there's no fucking VIDEO, just audio

This happens to me on Chrome sometimes when I fullscreen a video.

>op is a cuckold, the thread

>Google Chrome

Fuck off weaaboo kikes.

Only reason I use chrome is because when you drag tabs in or out of The window the animation is smoother lol. Also all the websites say chrome is like .0001% faster so that too

>Slow as garbage

You must doing something really wrong OP, firefox is faster than chrome on my side.

Firefox is pretty fast for me.

It was probably because you were running 32-bit Firefox because Mozilla is ass and links you to that by default.

I get better performance with 64-bit.

oh, I did have 32 bit, was wondering why

>bitches about Firefox but uses Flash to play videos

How is it Mozilla's fault that Flash is shit?

I'm using Pale Moon atm.
I love Firefox, but I felt like it was agonizingly slow a lot of the time.
The only thing I've had to give up was Ghostery, which I replaced with Disconnect.

So, why exactly is youtube player in firefox so shit? It never crashes on chrome but for whatever reason it does at least twice a day on firefox

Google makes their implementation of Flash for Linux. They build it right into Chrome, so it works better because they have more control over it.
Firefox users get their ancient version from Adobe with backported security updates.
This is the same reason that the only Android browser which supports Flash, is Chrome.

Youtube doesn't even use flash anymore. It's html5 player that keeps crashing

There's a version of the Flash player still around, and you may be using it. It's easy to find out, but don't act like Flash just disappeared from YouTube altogether.

Also, you're relying on the kikes at Google to give you a good experience on a competitor browser when you browse YouTube.

You can get google's version of flash into firefox, it's not impossible. Firefox also has worse html5 support than google chrome does.

I'm not hating or anything, I like firefox and use it everyday, but it does have some serious issues which need to be fixed.

Must be a case of PEBKAC. Pretty hard to fix m8.

Never happens to me and I'm using a 70$ laptop
Your internet a shit

I call it Crash Bandifox.

>that video
My fellow of dark complexion!

>SJWfox not slow
>Faster than Chromium
>Visit torstatus.blutmagie.de

Meanwhile Chromium allows scrolling while the page loads (not perfectly smooth, but ok) and Shitfox is freezing and slow as hell.
The same can be observed with more demanding websites like Google Maps in satellite mode (not as bad as a table with thousands of rows, though).
e10s came way too late and won't fix core design issues. Also, it's ridiculous that one tab hogging the network thread makes the complete browser useless.
2016 and no proper browsers, sigh.

YouTube has used html5 for more than a year now you dumbass. Flash is the legacy player

Not using the glorious idrium browser
>based on chromium
>degoogled, patched & tweaked for privacy
>multi platform support
>endorsed by the Sup Forumswiki

It's okay but it gets updated very rarely. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the version of Chromium it uses is like 4 versions behind the newest one.

I use Opera and I'm very very happy with it.

The point of Firefox is extensions.

But if you use too many extensions, Firefox slows down.

When you switch from Firefox+extensions to Chrome, the speed difference is unreal.

most chromium updates are either feature addons/removals, so there really is no need for contsant updates.

and opera has been purchased by the chinese, who'll soon convert it into a botnet. you might aswell start using yandex browser

It's faster now with it mainstreaming its multiprocess stuff so I could at least finally drop Chromium for it. (Chromium has no real equivalent to NoScript -- NO, UBO's thing nor uMatrix doesn't even come close as the insanity of how those work just breaks every site and they can't be fixed unless you allow way too much to run or sit there for half a goddamn hour experimenting with shit, meanwhile I can get a site running while still blocking bullshit with NS in a few goddamn seconds)

It's still a bit buggy and yes, it's a bit slower, but it's not the bogged down pile of shit it's been in recent years.

Because PEBKAC

The fuck? No sites use flash anymore, other than Facebook. But you have a builtin flash emulation inside any modern browser.