Is rx460 with i3 skylake(with hypertreading) enough for 1080p med-high 50fps dx12 gaming?

Is rx460 with i3 skylake(with hypertreading) enough for 1080p med-high 50fps dx12 gaming?
For budget pc. Gonna have to eat once for the next 2 months.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yt7vPYnMe6E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

Barely

well ok, but i hope it doesn't disappoint coz newegg doesn't offer refunds anymore.

tsk...maybe i should go for teh 470...but then i'd have to go full skeleton mode starving lol

better go for 470 desu it will surely last longer

get a job

Save your money for a 470. trust me, you will not dissapoint.

>Use credit card
>Get i5 4690 & rx 470

might as well save for a 480 then... if the price of 470 is over 90% of a 480, that is

Buy a used 7950.

>Amd
Just save money by eating less for two months and buy a nvidia like the rest of us

/thread
also fx and am3+ mobos are probably cheaper as well.

>single height bracket
>double height card
why

>dx12
you mean vulkan

I don't know why everyone doesn't do this. You can get one for like $70. GTX 960 level performance.

Better, especially in vulkan and dx12

1060 owner here. The 1060 is just amazing for 1080. On warframe I can crank up everything to max and all the textures and graphic options to on and it'd still give me 200-300fps on 1080. Dota 2 with everything max is 40-60hz. Perfect world in the most populated areas gives eh ~30fps with EVERYTHING at max. Even slightly reducing some options has a big advantage. Unoptimized games will always be unoptimized (although it's rumored they'll release a newer version of perfect world soon-ish). CSGO gives ~110-150hz with everything at max. Didn't have much time to test it yet.

Point is, if you don't go balls to the wall maxing out everything, it's an exceedingly great card that can easily do 60fps.Oddly enough GPU usage is between 40-60% (pic related).

Anyway, the 480 is +/-10-15%, and the 470 can be OC'd to 480 levels. So the 470 can definitely play 1080 with mid @ 60hz easily. The 460 I'm not so sure but if it's 60hz at medium settings you're after, I'm willing to bet it can pull it off just fine. Best to just get a 470 though imo, or a 480 if you can.

I want rx460s for my workstations, but they would have to be one slot in height. Will there be aftermarket rx460s?

due to most not needing a 6 pin power connector, probably.

Not op, I was in his exact spot and did exactly this. Starving for a couple months but this build should last me a few years. 460 i3 is already out of date especially by next year so I went i5 RX470. Feels food man, anyone have some food I can have? Oh god I'm so starving cereal and ramen twice a day is not enough

Vapor-X HD 7950 3G D5?
good?

Fuck no
the 460 is a waste of money

Would an i5 2500k bottleneck it?

Eat oats dude. Big bags of oats are great value for money.

you degenerate bums

bump
>I don't want to waste money

get a RX 470 its much better

nope

I don't have that much money for a gpu
7950 or the rx 460 ?

aaah never mind the rx can just wait
youtube.com/watch?v=yt7vPYnMe6E

save the money for a rx 470

Where can I get that short version of the card in OP? I want to buy one for my HTPC. I can only find the big dual fan versions.