Where were you when AMD just BTFO out if Intel?

Where were you when AMD just BTFO out if Intel?

>engadget.com/2016/08/18/amd-zen-cpu/

To give us a sense of Summit Ridge's performance, AMD pitted it against a Core i7-6900K, Intel's top-of-the-line 8-core chip (which currently sells for around $1,100), using the Blender rendering benchmark. With both chips clocked at 3Ghz, the Summit Ridge machine managed to finish rendering a scene around half-a-second faster than Intel's processor. AMD had to downclock its competitor from 3.2GHz to make the fight fair, but the benchmark as still a notable win.

>blender

Who cares

I want them to succeed. Especially after the mediocre GPU performance

>AMD has also finally implemented Simultaneous Multithreading (SMT), which lets Zen's cores run multiple threads at the same time (basically, its own version of Intel's HyperThreading).
I guess that's what you should expect from today's tech "writers"... It's not like they'd know the concept of Simultaneous MultiThreading (SMT) is both older as a name and as a term than Intel's implementation and name for it.

The only area where Polaris didn't deliver was perf/watt and it was still a massive leap over older arches.

I don't know what you faggots are expecting. Nvidia has no answer for the RX 400 line right now. Nada.

I really want them to suceed and to bitchslap intel into putting in more effort

Every new intel cpu gen is only marginally better than previous
This has been going on for the last 5years

> To give us a sense of Summit Ridge's performance, AMD pitted it against a Core i7-6900K, Intel's top-of-the-line 8-core chip (which currently sells for around $1,100)
Not this shit again.
Rly, stop hyping it. Keep moderate expectations about it. It's called "Zen", ffs. Hope you know what zen means.

AMD used clustered multithreading instead of simultaneous multithreading. AMD basically "crippled" their multithread performance in favor of higher ipc this time, which is not really a bad thing.

>Nvidia has no answer for the RX 400 line right now.
I actually want working OGL for my emulators. 1060 delivers that

>AMD had to downclock its competitor from 3.2GHz to make the fight fair, but the benchmark as still a notable win.

Wait did i read that right? Is this falseflagging?

Not really, Broadwell-E clocks slightly higher but it is a 140W part while 8 core Zen is a 95W one.

>Wait did i read that right? Is this falseflagging?
Source?

OP

So as always this is the poor mans processor? When will AMD learn?

That will be decided when both get overclocked, as it stands now Broadwell-E overcocks like shit.
But Zen might do even worse.

I don't care for GPUless chips, I want a big fat 6 core with a 300mm2 GPU on die powered by 4-8GB of HBM2

Hey where's that guy who shorted AMD on here Sup Forums?

they wanted clock for clock perf, especially with an engineering sample that is likely clocked lower than the production model will be.

amd cpus have always overclocked well so this shouldn't be a problem if clockspeeds don't end up much higher than the 2.8/3.2ghz of the ES.

Clock speeds are obviously not final. I'm pretty sure they're just being secretive so Intel doesn't lower the price of their products and spoil their launch.

cant wait

I was going to get an RX 480 but if they have issues with emulators I might have to reconsider.

This is good, AMD was pretty shitty compared to even Intel 4 cores in Blender, and that's during Haswell.

This is great. I'm getting a feeling like back when AMD came out with the K7 series and smoked Intel with lower clocked/cheaper chips.

>the Summit Ridge machine managed to finish rendering a scene around half-a-second faster than Intel's processor
>half-a-second

>Spending 1.1k dollaritos on a CPU
It's the wise man processor, if you need all that horsepower you're either better get a Xeon or someone getting it for a very specific reason. If you're buying Broadwell-E over a 6700k for a daily PC because "lul I'm rich" you're just retarded

Isn't that the sort of shit you cunts obsess over as you post 5 threads titled AMD BTFO?

I'm more interested in what comes after Zen, if they can deliver the 15% IPC increase and increase clocks from a better process then they're already faster than Kaby Lake in IPC, maybe even Cannonlake.

>AMD had to downclock its competitor from 3.2GHz

Lmao they downclocked the Intel processor just so AMD could win.

AMD up to their old tricks again.

This CPU is going to be shit just like everything AMD makes, anyone with a brain knows it.

>Nvidia has no answer for the RX 400 line right now.

Really? Pic related. The 400 series is dead on arrival.

AMD is so incompetent they can't do anything right.

why do you nvidiaslaves always have to post trollposts and lies?

it beat the intel clock for clock.

stay mad kid

>posting that one benchmark over and over

you nvidiafags are really clenching your buttholes eh?

I care. Blender was chosen because its open sauce and AMD likes to keep things open. Blender is pretty well optimized for what it is even if you don't like it.

>it only matters when intel does it

and the benchmark says it has 12% over the 480,

Whats your point?

>yfw you KNOW you will get yourself a new AMD/AMD-machine in 2017
life is good, lads

Zen means 'one who beheads the messiah' in latvian
Lol
TIL

Neat, so AMD is taking care of the jews Hitler-style