>every resource just assumes I know everything
>get angry
>reinstall windows
The worst thing about it is that I feel stupid

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j1I63wGcvU4
github.com/install-logos/rice/blob/master/.i3/config
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Atleast you aren't stupid enough to be turned into a pedophile clone with the same old rice and a desktop covered in effigies of little girls.

I'd say you dodged a bullet, friend.

The dumbest thing you did was attempt to follow a trend.

wanna hug?

seriously though

>tried to rice

your intentions are not at all honorable tbqh.

try installing xubuntu or Arch (my recommendation) without degeneracy in mind, and you will succeed

Window managers are not for beginners, trust me. Just install a flat theme for a while and then use bare WMs

git gud

>installed xubuntu
>not gentoo

T-thanks
Yeah :( I installed Xubuntu, but I wanted that extremely simple look that you frequently see here. I just couldn't understand how to do it, I installed some sort of theme but it only changed like half of what I could see on screen, all my windows and start menu etc had the same borders and stuff. I just couldn't understand how to change the look as a whole. Everything I looked up involved typing strings of nonsense into the terminal
It's too late now

This seems rather propaganda-esque. If you're for real though don't give up, it's not a fad, and try regular vanilla Ubuntu, you can get xfce on top of it and rice a lot easier than Xubuntu because if you get stuck or fail you can undo it and start again without reinstalling the whole thing.

With how much effort ricing takes, might as well learn to code.
I fell for the ricememe a few months ago, installed Debian and then Arch Linux, saw how ridiculous it all was and ditched it. Luckily I did it all on a separate computer from my Windows install.
Now I have a dual boot with Ubunutu to give Linux another go without all the autism.

marvelous bait

I should note that I didn't know how to backup my install so when I fucked up my Debian I had to start all over again. Maybe you'll have better luck when you try.

This got me in the fixing game years ago youtu.be/j1I63wGcvU4

not baiting
pretty much my experience, I don't think I will try again though

Look up some short Linux beginners guide, most stuff is done in the terminal and by editing config files.
When you're comfortable with that look up some rice guides and edit the configuration files of your programs, window manager (if you'll use one), etc.

>might as well learn to code.
Why are you on Sup Forums if you can't program?

GNU/Linux is exclusively for people with an IQ of 130 or above. Fuck off with your stupidity to the Windows botnet and let it datamine all your holes.

Sup Forums is for discussion of technology. There are many areas of technology that require zero knowledge about programming or even computers.

github.com/install-logos/rice/blob/master/.i3/config

If you want to use i3-gaps just add this

# Gaps between windows
set $default_gaps_inner 8
set $default_gaps_outer 4
gaps inner $default_gaps_inner
gaps outer $default_gaps_outer

>tried to install Arch
>fucked up Windows bootloader partition (formatted kek)
>MUH GAYMES ARE GONE?
>copy some hack commands from stack overflow to recreate bootloader partition
>windows boots up again
feels good man
>arch never again

GIVE THIS MAN A BURGER

Thing is, those themes aren't working perfectly on those ricer threads desktops either. They only show the stuff that works

>It's too late now
You can still uninstall Windows and reinstall Linux.

You`re doing it wrong.
Install linux in vmware on separate partition, play with it for few months, use fucking google to make things work and slowly move your workflow to vm. When you will feel comfortable boot linux and run windows vm for stuff that is not working in your new "free as in lunch" os.

just use ubuntu, it looks good outa the box

Dumb frogposter, LITERALLY.

I have Fedora dual booted with windows 10.

>tried to load up dota 2 and see how it ran
>.1 FPS
>fug
guess i'm keeping windows for gayming

There's an /flt/ for people just like you. And I'd say you should try mint. Why? Because mint is perfect.

I like you OP. You didn't sperge because HERP MUH FARCRY DON'T WORK FUCK THIS SHIT. Just try again OP.

>arch never again

How is it the fault of a particular distro that you didn't know what you were doing? The installer surely allowed you to avoid the problem and create a working dual boot.

This.

Also, how can you not understand Ubuntu? Their forums and everything Ubuntu stands for is user/beginner-friendly for better and for worse.
*buntu gets a lot of hate around here but most of it is unwarranted. 'buntu is great at what it does: being a Linux distro aimed at beginners/normies.