What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

scan.co.uk/products/asus-maximus-viii-hero-intel-i7-6700k-cpu-corsair-16gb-ddr4-(3000oc)-ram-h115i-aio-water-cooler-diy-
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing? It's a great card, hardware-wise. If Nvidia wasn't such a shit company I would've gone with a 1080 instead of 2 480s.

Fuck off to Sup Forums, retard

not enough of a performance boost over the 1070 to justify the price. maybe if it was capable of 4K it would be worth it.

My life

Pretty much this
This is the reason I went 1070

I plan on buying a 1070 but also need a new CPU and MOBO. what does Sup Forums think of this: scan.co.uk/products/asus-maximus-viii-hero-intel-i7-6700k-cpu-corsair-16gb-ddr4-(3000oc)-ram-h115i-aio-water-cooler-diy-

>water cooling
pls respond

It's not a Ti version.

U ar a fialure in lief

Thats a shit choice desu.

One card > two cards.

Even if you're saving bucks.

The 1070 exists

Mines in the mail weeeeee

And I'm sitting here with a 6770 waiting for AMDs new hbm cards.

arguably a 1070 isnt worth it yet either

>water cooling
>6700k idles at 20c on air

>749 US DOLLARS
that's what went wrong. It's not worth that much.

Sorry but the 1080 is way ahead of the 1070, only reason you bought a 70 instead is you didnt have the money for an 80.

>25% better
>way ahead

Yeah man 10 Fps more is WAAAY AHEAD

25% which is a quarter. 1 of 4 , yes Id say thats way ahead

10 fps? which game?
I googled and got different to that on the games.
For example 1440p overwatch 37fps. Thats a whole consoles amount

It's actually closer to 30fps in graphically intensive games like Witcher 3 and Doom at 1440p.

But you keep telling yourself whatever helps you justify your purchase.

jewish tricks

google is owned by them too and so is the majority of stuff you buy/use.

Its better but for 50% more cost?
Up to you famalam

F U C K O F F

If it was intended for 4k it would have been called 2160

>tfw, 11 generations left until 4k stops being a meme

EVGA GTX 1060 6 GB (non OC, one fan): 289€
Asus GTX 1060 Strix 6 GB (non OC, three fans) : 349€
Asus GTX 1060 Strix 6 GB (OC, three fans) : 379€

EVGA is going to arrive at the shop, whereas both of the tow Asus cards are in stock already. Which would you recommend me? Which is the best in terms of noise reduction and cooling? Size isn't a problem, my case contain a GPU as big as 355mm.
Pleqse don't recommend me any other card, I' m settled with GTX 1060, I'm just asking about the best version.

1070 around £400
my 1080 was £529

50% erm

If you don't mind the ugly blower just get ref it will perform more or less the same.

I'm a tripfag, hello,
a redditor.

Whoops, used the trip wrong!

I can't find the ref anywhere in my country. Should I go for the EVGA then? The shop owner has told me that it should be in stock by this evening.

If it's all you can get yeah. Or go team RED if cheaper and available.

Get the EVGA one

Do you mean AMD RX480? They're out of stock everywhere and they're more expensive. Moreover I've already placed the preorder on the GTX 1060, the shop owner simply told me that I could choose between those choices.

Thank you. Is it much worse than the EVGA OC 1-fan version?

>400 quid for a 1070
Looool

Some are even more. Seen some now for £450.

>mfw you go crying when all the vulkan and dx12 applications won't support multi gpu

Thats some massive jewry to get you to buy 1080s for sure

>tfw bought a gtx 1080 last week and only used it on DOOM and Fallout 4

kill me farn

I play them both above 60FPS on ultra using a r9 380.

Think about it senpai.

By the time that its in use and the majority of games use it, the 1080 will be the equivalent of a 950.
You AMD faggots always come out with the dx12 bollocks but theres like 12 games that use it currently

I bought a Fury for 250€ to go with my Freesync monitor.

>he played fallout 4

At least you didn't overspend on your graphics card.

Price and Ti version.
When 1080Ti comes out it's going to cost exactly the same as current 1080 and going to be 50% faster.

Why is Nixxes so bad at DX12? Every GPU is slower than the DX11 version.

It's capable of 4k.

Get the most expensive version if you dont have to pay extra then.

This is maxed out. Notice the FPS count in the upper right.

I have to pay extra money. It's just that both of the ASUS GTX 1060 cards are in stock, whereas the EVGA one still isn't. I just wanted to know if the Asus GTX 1060 STRIX's higher cost is worthy the performance over the EVGA card.

looks shitty. you're an idiot if you bought into this

Nothing. Just don't waste your money on the founders edition.

>implying

That game looks sweet, and there's no AMD card that can max it out even at just 1440p. The GTX 1080 runs it in 4k at 40-50 fps maxed out. Even a performance hog like GTA 5 can run in 4k well enough on this card. And the 1080Ti will be able to do the same at 60fps+ with ease. The 4k age has begun and AMDelusionals will have to wait for their invitation another few years.

We can expect a 1080 ti r-right?

didnt read. looks shitty

Yes, a leak 3 months ago confirmed a GP102 consumer-grade card in the making. Same chip that's used in the new Titan. It's substantially faster than 1080's GP104.

People are saying you can find a 1070 for cheaper than 400? Where? Im about to build my PC and all i see is 400 plus. And is the 1070 capable of 4k?

Not true dx12

M8 it doesn't really matter, just try and get something that you don't pay extra for. Honestly I think that EVGA is better than Asus.

I keked

If you're only doing 2D applications and easy to drive games get EVGA. If you're gonna try to play harder to drive games get the asus oc

Yeah that's what I also think. I mean, I don't feel the need to spend more bucks for just two extra fans and RGB leds, if that is only what Asus adds over EVGA.

>60 fps in DOOM
Would rather do 1440p and 144 fps in such a fast game. 60 doesn't feel right at all, but to each their own.

It's a good card, although absence of VESA adaptive-sync sucks in Pascal.

Objectionable things are the retarded fanboy milking editions and calling the 3GB model GTX 1060 after gimping it. That's cynical play at uninformed sods.

Basically, it all comes down to nvidia being greedy/fuckyou/apple.

> easy to drive games
Do Overwatch, Chivalry Medieval Warfare and Plants vs Zombies GW2 belong to this cathegory? Also I have a 144 Hz screen. From the YT videos I checked and according to Logical Increments the GTX 1060 should push these games pretty well...I don't mean to play games at Ultra btw.

why do you type like such an autist

>GTA 5
>Performance hog.

A fucking 960 can run this game at high and 1080p/60 fps.

Meanwhile witcher 3 needs a 980 ti to have 1080p/stable 60 fps with hairworks on.

I went with a 1070 instead of a 1080 because I plan on buying a 1080ti in a few months anyway so I can actually run my ultrawide at max

nice bait

Nvidia marketing team thinking they could scam people with rehashed Maxwell O FUCKING WAIT

you seriously fucking posted a screenshot and that's proof to you? lmao

1080p isn't much of a milestone anymore.

I made that screenshot myself.

greenteam btfo

The face of a crazed wolverine.

>bait

>tfw Gears of War 4 was confirmed to support mGPU and async today

AMDOMINATION INCOMING

>Gears of War 4

>all of those pins
>GDDR4

why

>people who play video games are this stupid

itt: poorfags who can not afford 2 1080's for 60+ fps 4k

>666w tdp

Nice bait man I'm laughing

>Buying two 1080s
>Not a poorfag
Don't post on this board again until you can afford at least one Titan XP

Why get a 6700k? Calm ur ass the fuck down. Get something less expensive and upgrade to a 1080

Can't afford it but got it anyways. Kus im not a Cuck that buys two GPUs when one is available that is superior.

>No async
>No DX12
>No Vulkan
>No HBM2
>Can't 4K specially without the above
>Gimpworks candidate
>Overpriced specially their meme Founder's edition causing price gauging

>this is what Autistic MultiDrones actually believe

bait

>What Nvidiots in denial look like.