>2016
>not installing fdroid as your only market place
>not uninstalling google play services and all other google cancer to enjoy a freer, more safe and faster smart phone experience

its like you want to be cucked?

Other urls found in this thread:

something.mooo.com:8090/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my iphone 6s with retina display doesn't have this problem.

have fun with shitty 3rd party apps you AMD Loonix Freegan Cuck

>wanted to setup NAS as contacts sync server so i can at least try to break free(er)
>too stupid for VPN
>NAS can't be reached outside my wlan
I'm literally too stupid to understand setting up a VPN
>embracing the botnet

Using xposed with the xprivacy module and use open source for most of my apps, and restrict the fuck out of the rest.
i was surprised to find most of google's services could just be uninstalled without any ill effect. battery life is so good now
fuck google's telemetry shit
people hate on microsoft for it but google is far worse

El normalfag here, what's the actual difference and why should I change?

Open source stuff is fucking inferior on android, they are ugly and fucking unusable most of the time

Does anyone have the apk of clover that some user made from the source of floens ? The clover from fdroid has less features than I remembered

all works for me. k9 mail works well without integrating into your "accounts" (i used to use aquamail and the new patch sets up an account to retrieve all your data with syncing)

lightning for browsing

simple gallery for photo viewing

ghost commander for file manager

disgusting seeing shit like the camera app pulling your phone number, gps coords, contacts (no need for any of this)

xprivacy can help you restrict permissions on apps you need that dont have a good open source alternative

more control over your device
faster
better battery life
less info harvesting (android is riddled with backdoors so they arent safe to use no matter what you remove (the GPS, NFC, radio sensors are always on and recording, turning those options off just prevents you and some apps from using them; google still accesses just fine)
safer against hackers/pirates
you become more aware of what info is being shared

at the very least you should root, put on xposed then xprivacy. keep all your faggot games and 15 facebook ui apps, but at least you can restrict them from taking data they shouldnt. it will make your phone quicker and use less battery

ah and QKSMS for sms and mms messengng. the stock messenger and paid shit like textra are so fucked

you would be surprised how much faster a quad core device gets with all that shit off.

I don't need social media engines coordinating 15 different apps to share my selfies and photos of what I ate today, cuck.
I enjoy a fast, clean and private device for calls, messages, emails and internet browsing.

It is kind of sad people have to make so many modifications to get that since normies like you just eat up shit that spies on you and lags your phone to death for literally no value.

Any way to remove the google shit on my Oneplus 3 without having to install a custom rom? Already rooted and everything.

Yes and since you are rooted, if you are working about breaking things then install Xposed and then Xprivacy. Xprivacy is very easy to use and you can restrict permissions on any app, including system apps, to stop them accessing various functions and data in your phone.

Then I would download open source alternatives to the Google apps you don't like. If you enjoy them you can just delete them.

I only kept maps on my phone, frozen, for if I need it in an emergency, but all other Google apps are completely gone.

How do you delete all the Apple shit from an iPhone?

this is what the gmail app tells you if you limit its permissions under cyanogen.

There is no reason an email client needs most if not any of these permissions, yet, anyone running stock is giving Google all of this.

This screen pops-up literally every 10 seconds on the gmail client if you have app permissions restricted, nagging you until you give it the unnecessary data it wants.

If you own an Apple product, odds are you don't care about privacy or freedom. This question is invalid to anyone who can answer it.

Europe is so depressing.

>Retina
4.7"
750x1334
16:10

I hate it when people make statements like this?

Yea it's fucked. k-9 mail works for me and its open source.

>Installing random ransomware from F-Droid

Enjoy your AIDS

The problem with fdroid is it lack a lot of functional applications compared to the play store. No proper irc+dcc, no proper bit torrent client, no proper wordpro, etc.

Camera is somewhat understandable for on the go photos but the rest is bs imo

>Use this app which forces the developers to have their packages signed by F-Droid rather than the developers themselves making way for malware to easily get into F-Droid.
No.

42 ruppes have been deposited to your account by google, pajheet

>user points out a genuine problem with f-droid
>lol who cares, go away pajeet

>limiting your Android experience

It's worse than that. As shitty as Google play is, it allows developers to sign their own packages. F-droid for some retarded reason forbids developers from signing their own packages and insists only packages signed by them are allowed. This is a problem because you cannot verify if it's legit from the developers unless you check the source code to make sure it's a 1:1 copy, but then you might as well just get the source code from the developers themselves directly than from f-droid. Freetards are actually delusional enough to find nothing wrong with this.

This. Apple fan boys will defend this. Note 4 user with 1440 p amoled. Feels sooo good

Ever tried owncloud? Its contacts calendar files and more in one. Easy to set up , and accesible over the whole world. Just set a dns and if needed, configure another port

Supports caldav, carddav and webdav out of the box. Oh heah, setting up vpn is easy as fuck on a asuswrt merlin router

Considering yourself more important than a smallest blip on their radar

t. an increasingly nervous shill

you can get apk's directly off the site with verified hashes, retard

dns would only rerout me to my router if i set up DNS there. Otherwise if i use dns settings on QTS, it won't be reachable. Not even within my own network.
Like i said, i'm too dumb for that shit.

That's not the point.
But I am sure you know that.

>Y-you're a s-shill
Freetards are actually defending this shitty decision it's amazing. This is one of the reasons why few use f-droid

You think you are smarter than the team at F-Droid? That's hilarious.
Google Play is cancer.

You need to forwars port 80 to your owncloud servers address. Or to the custom port of you configured it. I guess if you are not experienced with that stuff it seems like a lot of hassle. But worth it

I never said to use play store you retard. Trusting a package signed by someone other than the developers is a major security risk. Until they allow developer signed packages I refuse to use it.

they host apks if u dont want to install with the fdroid app dude..

Those ones are also signed by f-droid. All of them are signed by f-droid. Are you actually this stupid or just merely pretending?

>Trusting a package signed by someone other than the developers is a major security risk.
How is that a security risk?

I did open the ports 80 8080 and even put them in DMZ. Didn't work out.
After about two weeks of trying and gathering info, i just gave up.
I'd really like to have that stuff set up, but it would take someone explaining me everything i need step-by-step.
I hate being spoonfed, but in this case..

Someone clever can upload a malicious app, get it signed and put onto the website. This is relying entirely on the f-droid maintainers not slipping up.

They cite on the website an app cannot be installed if it has a different signature, but that's only if you have it installed previously.

Often isp's block port 80 and other common ports like 8080. My setup
- freedns with afraid.org. updated trough router
- port forward from external 8090 to internal 80 , server ip
- added my ddns to trusted domains, and set up something.mooo.com:8090/ owncloud as landing in varwwwowncloidconfigconfig.php

That should basically be it.

fdroid is not putting malware in your 3 year old rooted piece of samsung shit man. chill

What I'm saying is that the way f-droid is setup makes it easier for malware to sneak in and creates a false sense of security.

Screenshotted to try again in the future, thanks user

>Europe
Nobody here buys apple products because everyone here knows they're crap. The only reason some people buy them is because they get it second hand and 10 times cheaper, which comes nice if you want a really cheap semi-smart phone to do all the basic stuff with until you decide which actual smartphone you want to get.

As if trusting developers is also safe. They can always just make a malicious app, unless you see it's source you can't know for sure who you can trust.

The developers are the ones you should trust. Not some third party saying trust me goy.

But only if it's a trusted developer to begin with.

I think he was talking about the pic lol.

if you own a android you really don't care about privacy or security.

As opposed to...

What's fucked about textra?

If you own an Android-compatible device, you can at least do something about your privacy, unlike with an Applel device.

Nice try defending your shitty purchase.

dns is 8.8.8.8
google account
play store
cant escape botnet

samefag

Geen probleem, kerel

F-Droid doesn't have near the number of applications the Play Store has. It's like the Play Store back in 2008 when it was called Android Market.

If you don't own a mac you are missing out on the pinnacle of programming environments.

>Hack F-Droid
>Replace all files with malware that bricks android

Look guys google play services is horrible please install my shitty freeware marketplace with shitty security

I've owned a mac before, and they are certainly not viable for software Reverse-Engineering and low-level programming. However, my $150 x201 I got a year ago runs all of the things I need to do this kind of work, and very well...

>Not installing Cyanogenmod

I have F-Droid and I'm not logged into botnet on my phone, but there really is fuck all on F-Droid. When I need a specific app for a specific application I still end up getting it from aptoide or apkmirror 9 out of 10 times. And I feel like in the grand scheme of things using those is even worse than the botnet, even if I do try to verify checksums before installing and shit.

I did log into play store once to get some privacy-sensitive essentials such as Skype (no, I can't avoid it due to family and shit, though I really wish I could) and Uber and then when I logged out (i.e. deleted the google account I was logged into from the phone) it also deleted all the local contacts I had on the phone prior to logging in. It pissed the living fuck out of me.

And I still haven't been able to find any calendar/pda app equivalent to the default one I had on my Nokia 6300. All the calendar apps are either garbage or """cloud"""-based, which is even more garbage. Fuck that shit.

>FOSS repository has less programs than proprietary shitware store
How can that be?

Pretty much all software I can get from F-Droid is already on the Play Store.

What should I do to improve battery life on my Note 5? I disabled almost all the shit that I could, and I installed a Material Dark theme from the Samsung Theme store, I also set an all black home and lock screen.
Does deleting Google Play services, and Play Store actually do any good?
Also how good is a browser like Lightning compared to Google Chrome?
Sadly rooting my phone is not an option because I pay a warranty for it monthly, which also allows me to upgrade every year or when my Phone is paid halfway.

Yea the AsusWRT Merlin firmware even is insanely good in many aspects even VPN and DNS.

I actually like and use Textra. Evolve was pretty cool too last I checked. QKSMS is fine too.

Opera or any light browser will be faster than chrome since they don't rely on ads, but only if you root your phone will you be able to effectively disable them (this saves data, makes browsing faster and saves battery). Although you will save battery by uninstalling chrome and replacing it with anything else, it's a terrible browser.
You can't really do much unless you root your phone, there's no reason not to root it. You should be concerned about voiding the warranty only if you know you risk a chance to break it. The only thing you could do is disable everything that works in background and you don't use, if you use play store disable stuff like play music, videos, books, games, newsstand and Google plus and leave everything else. Not sure which version of Android you have, but if it has the ability to restrict data (not just background data) of apps you should restrict it on ones which you don't use at the moment.
And just to answer you, yes deleting Google apps does help since they update silently in the background while you're connected to the Internet. You can also try using a lightweight launcher.

This.

Well a light weight launcher won't really help since anyways it just runs on top of TouchJizz.

The problem with rooting my Phone is that it is a huge fucking pain in the ass, isn't even as easy as other phones.

Used to jump trough few flaming hoops to do it with dd-wrt. But asuswrt is jusy childsplay... Downside is that the vpn from asuswrt uses a bit less security bells and whistles if i'm not mistaking

You just plug it into a PC and root it. It's easy as hell. Rooted galaxy s5 in just a few minutes. Id did take me a bit longer to find the proper root method since I bought a newer model at that time which made it more difficult to root.
>runs on top of touchwiz
I don't think it does, just set it as default and disable touchwiz. I uninstalled mine.

>owning a cell phone

Touchiz is the whole OS, you know that, right?

Getting a launcher merely changes the look of your homescreen and app drawer, the rest of the software on the phone is "touchwiz-zed" (e.g. vastly different from Stock Android; proprietary - but also including features which make the phone more usable.)

Well if you have an s3 you don't have a choice.
>frees up 100 out of 800 MB of ram
>doubles battery life
And it's not like we're constantly installing apps, the only proprietary good ones (nova launcher and mxplayer) can be downloaded from their official website, and of you want quickpic the play store only has the botnet cm version

Don't worry user, fdroid guys are almost paranoid, they will not add chromium because it requires play services to compile

>freetard droid
enjoy no apps tinfoilers

F-Droid is a free market place only because no one wants the shit available there. Not even giving away stuff for free seems to attract people.

Free or not, 95% of everything on F-Droid is lazy, cheap and uninspired knockoffs of more successful, proprietary "apps".
>the gnu is a lie

Not for a T-Mobile Note 5, I would have to flash and do a bunch of shit. Not only can I brick my Phone if something goes wrong, the Root also triggers the Samsung Knox and all that.

This.

>t-mobile
People still use this jew meme of a provider?

That literally makes no sense.

Google play services and the facebook app are both huge wasters of battery. They're constantly logging your location and the facebook app even records audio to upload when you're on wifi.

Yes

Soon and I will, more and more apps I use I've found a FOSS replacement for that's on fdroid/github AND it works better.
Simple shit like my local train schedule app are only on play store tho

werks for me faggot, even better than the proprietary shit:
>adblocker
Adaway
>filebrowser
Amaze,
>4chins
Overchan
>gallery
leafpic
>email
k9mail
>browser
lightning
>muh animu and manga
Tachiyomi, Atarashii, Akhyou
>remote torrent client
Transdroid
>todo lists
Tasks -> actually the best shit I've found and I've tried many
>youtube
newpipe
>passwords
Keepassdroid

So far only thing I still have over store is whatsapp, black player and MXplayer

Why are you overpaying a terrible service?

You can literally google how to setup a vpn and like 10000 results will tell you everything.

Yet no compression tools, full featured irc, actual torrent client (remote lol), and newpipe can't even grab 1080p, let alone dash files, so on and so on. They're weak alternatives.

>irc
for what fucking reason
>actual torrent client
what the fuck for, do you not have a fucking computer?

This is false

I-it doesn't matter, sh-shut up :,(
This is false

If you can't actually provide a proper counter point, then you're just wasting time. Oh, though I will say when I wrote compression tools, I meant something that can do beyond zip archives.

Opera is a shit Chinese botnet.

Play services has a GPS disabled by default on my S7 Edge.

>torrenting on phones is a big deal
No. Most people who torrent prefer simplicity and don't need anything other than simply downloading and uploading.
>you absolutely need the highest possible quality of the video
You can use other tools if you really need this. TubeMate isn't on the play store for example. It was one of the first apps for this, and still just works ™ although it's ad infested.
>compression tools
Assuming you mean zip/rar/7z/gz, you can just download es file manager. It doesn't need play store to update.

They still track you through coarse cell tower based location methods and also access point names.

I literally did this, and only kept two proprietary apps for normalfags: Instagram and Kike
as long as you set your permissions and don't commit thoughtcrime you are fine I guess..

Every chromium browser is then. Opera is just the best/fastest chromium browser. And it's still not proven to be a botnet so stop with the memes.

that's because it's proprietary, you can't know if it's a botnet unless physical proof is shown, that's why we trust FOSS browsers much more