Sony hacked again

>Sony hacked again

How can one tech company be so incompetent?

Other urls found in this thread:

community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/bd-p/22039
community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Will-not-let-me-sign-in/td-p/45913269
community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/INFO-PSN-Account-Security/td-p/45889820
community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Forced-Password-Change-Everyday/td-p/45913245
community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Keep-your-SEN-PSN-Account-As-Secure-As-Possible/td-p/45903251
community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Can-t-get-verification-email/td-p/45913367
community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Forced-to-change-passwords-multiple-times-in-a-row/td-p/45913237
community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/What-The-Heck/td-p/45913129
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Link to Article, fag.

They haven't made an official announcement, but thousands of people on every sony forum are complaining about being locked out of their accounts and having charges on their accounts.

Sony probably won't make a statement until the damage is done

So, in tree weeks then.

Absolutely no sources provided whatsoever

Maybe sony decided that they've nothing to hide and disabled encryption on all their servers (even on passwords) so now everything is plain text.

Yeah probably

Literally go to any sony forum, its on every front page

Still no sources

kek I bet it's related to the recent PS4 exploit, the last Sony hack was just after the PS3 was exploited too.
Sony really can't do security for shit and always rely on security through obscurity, too bad that's useless once their code gets reversed

BSDfags on suicide watch

The nips have notoriously shitty infosec.

Not even kidding. One company that I used that was based there was using SHA-1 encrypted certs.

It's really bad.

My PSN password is my most longest and complex password.
>inb4 Sony hash a shit

What is the exploit? Everybody who had charges on their account that I know had charges for a game called neverwinter.

Confirmed. Sony is fucked this time.

An exploit for the console to run unsigned code, which on PS3 led to people decrypting the OS executables and reversing the code for network stuff which afaik led to the last Sony hack
Probably not a coincidence that there's another possible Sony hack just days after a recent PS4 unsigned code exploit was released.

SUPERIOR NIPPON SECURITY

Curious as to why OP would come and make this up

community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/bd-p/22039
/r/playstation

literally every PSN forum is full of people with these issues

>customers data constanly being compromised
>no action

>vita gets exploited
>patch it the next day

1 person gets a password reset email and thinks Sony is hacked and so does OP.

>>vita gets exploited
vita still exists?

it's not my job to find sources to back up YOUR baseless claim

japan got nuked twice give them break

Apparently a good amount of people who were hacked are also getting IP banned by sony kek

kys retard

Loving these backed up claims

Do you work for sony?

Judging by the fact that you refuse to read any of the playstation forums, I'm guessing you are

not him but
>IT'S ALL OVER THE FORUM
>someone asks you for proof
>YOU DIDN'T READ THE FORUM

post a thread if you don't want to sound like a meme spouting 3 nippled blonde curly headed fuck.

Just give links to relevant threads, how hard can it be to pick three of them and post them here, to not look like a baseless idiot.
Sup Forums likes facts, you know?

Just post a source outside of "every PlayStation forum, kek"

Passwords should never be encrypted though, they should be hashed one-way. If you are going to make a joke at least do it right.

community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Will-not-let-me-sign-in/td-p/45913269

community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/INFO-PSN-Account-Security/td-p/45889820

community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Forced-Password-Change-Everyday/td-p/45913245

community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Keep-your-SEN-PSN-Account-As-Secure-As-Possible/td-p/45903251

community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Can-t-get-verification-email/td-p/45913367

community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/Forced-to-change-passwords-multiple-times-in-a-row/td-p/45913237

community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/What-The-Heck/td-p/45913129

I can't link to other forums because it will be marked as spam

I am calling bullshit I don't see any news about it anywhere.

>How can one tech company be so incompetent?
Because they are using BSD

Business as usual

post screenshots you faggot

BSD by itself has some pretty great security designs even if it does hamper performance of the OS once in a while.

However, the problem is that they fork BSD and then add a ton of their code into it that isn't audited at all by third parties and end up compromising their fork.

Come to think of it, I have no idea how they even program.

I can log into the Japanese PSN just fine so it must be the SUPERIOR AMERICAN SECURITY.

Statistically Sony makes some of the hardest to crack technology in terms of hardware and software, yet are the most subject to being hacked and having their security compromised.

Incidentally the source code to PSN was outsourced to servers not held within Sony. So if something goes wrong they have to go to some other company that actually handles things. Microsoft has the servers in house yet somehow that source code leaked before.

Its amazing how PSN source hasn't leaked by now while Sony is getting fucked left and right.

>check email
>see a fucking playstation email from 2 days ago
WHAT THE FUCK?
>open email
>its a demo i forgot i downloaded

MUH GAMES LOL GUISE XDDDDD VIDEO GAMES LOLOL

It's literaly general security informations regarding PS account, like stickied threads...

Never got any emails from Sony re password resets or anything. So I guess I'm safe.

Then again, I never keep my CC details on my account and just fill my wallet then delete.

That's so stupid and inconvenient. Just buy wallet codes from cdkeys or Amazon.

Even when Sony axes the Vita the models that were produced will still exist, dumbass.

you sound buttblasted rofl

>6 people hacked
>omg sony hacked!!!1
>just careless idiots using fake psn code generators

haven't seen shit on Twitter, you're full of it