Reaching near your wallet to pay at the store

>reaching near your wallet to pay at the store

That's so 20th century.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kp63MZ6RudE
moneyfactory.gov/resources/serialnumbers.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

didn't japan have fucking paywave years ago and it was on their phone

All this wireless faggotry and handing the cashier a couple of twenties is still faster and easier

*tips watch*

yes

botnet

>Paying at all
What is this early 2000s?

>Farting your payment data all over the place and in and out of corporate servers owned by companies who store it all in plain text

>Opening up yet another avenue for data theft from NFC/Bluetooth hijacking

>Trading security for convenience like a good goy

Cannot possibly be less secure than credit cards which seems to be incredibly popular with the Americunts.

Just like the rest of the world. Because VISA is an American company. In the wealthier countries in Europe every new debit card the banks hand out supports V PAY.
Only now when more and more smart phones have NFC it's a logical development that people will want to make these payments with their smart phones and watches instead.
But this will be a problem because Android security very, very poor and the lack of security updates is worrisome to say the least.

>tfw I can't give up root
>tfw no Android Pay
>tfw can't into iOS
PayPal NFC mass support fucking when

Most of my purchases I still use cash. Call me old fashioned like that.

>Implying this is anywhere near as secure as a chip-and-pin card

Lol

>using anything but cash

It's like you really want to be the NWO bitch, right ?

They realized that RFID chips under the skin weren't going to work (they believed it in the late 90s), so they use this shit around your wrist. Same principe.

I prefer cash as you can physically see the money leaving your hand/wallet. I think it helps build fiscal responsibility and routines.

I'll stick with money till I can't.

It's even more secure than chip and pin. There are plenty of white papers out there detailing the security used in payment systems like Apple Pay, Android Pay, etc. Maybe you should actually glance over them for like I don't know, 30 seconds before you shoot your mouth off like a retard.

Who let Alex Jones in here?

At the end of the day they're still being transferred over super insecure protocols like NFC so that point is pretty moot.

How is this NFC stuff any different from the paywave thing that's embedded in literally every card?

Nobody realizes they have contactless payment built-in to their cards already.
Is it because nobody has their fancy wireless reader setup?
It never worked the few times I tried it a few years back.

Apple Watch allows for multiple payment methods in one device through Passbook.

man, i sure hate waiting the zero seconds it takes to take my card out while i wait in line/while the recept prints/whatever

The actual transmission is encrypted, and NFC is nowhere near as a security nightmare as something like RFID.

Like I said, you should actually educate yourself in the topic. It's pretty neat the kind of security that has gone into these systems to avoid using your actual card number and to encrypt the transaction.

I still don't use it because it's faster to use my card or cash, but security isn't an incredibly valid reason to shoot it down.

Name a single reason why you would have more than 2 credit cards.

I live in a not so wealthy european country and every credit card is touch to pay here since a long time

What's stopping a guy with a merchant terminal going around on the train tapping people's pockets and cashing out the maximum transaction amount without requiring signatures?

Debit cards use RFID and contactless payment for smart phones this works with NFC but for the customer this doesn't matter much. NFC is like an improved version of RFID. One of the differences is that NFC may be able to receive data as well so it can be used for different/multiple purposes like public transportation. So they can detect at which station you got on and out of the train etc

a simple piece of tin foil near the card is enough to attenuate the signal
youtube.com/watch?v=kp63MZ6RudE

What's stopping a guy with a hand going around taking money out of people's pockets?

tapping and walking away is much easier

The risk of people feeling a hand in their pocket, duh

Since 2001 EU have been talking about implementing RFID in banknotes. Initially the plan was to have started the implementation of RFID in banknotes from 2005 and on but so far this hasn't happened yet.

Protip: If you bump into someone, or otherwise distract them they will actually not feel a hand in their pocket at all.
Seriously, try it on your friend, grab a tit while bumping into them. Okay maybe not that but the point is the same; if someone bumps into you in a public place, check your valuables.

>Nobody realizes they have contactless payment built-in to their cards already.
Not in the US. My old debit card had contactless payment which was nice because the train turnstiles in Chicago require it to pay (or that you buy one of their cards). But when Chase made me get a new chip+pin debit card, it no longer had contactless payment.

I imagine it'd be hard to do without leaving a long trail of electronic evidence, between the acquisition and use of it, to redeeming the fraudulent money. Probably easier in third world countries where you could bribe some bank staff easy enough.

>my card == all cards

Is that a question?

How the fuck would it be?

>==

Not as hard as you might think. Criminals generally use a middleman or catfish. Same with intenet fraudsters on ebay and such. And eventually transfer the money to a foreign account.

How the hell does that make it a question? Fucking moron.

Put one = next time and it will be a proper statement.

that's an assignment operator you faggot

Eat a dick next time and it'll be better than wasting my time.

I somehow managed to be rooted on my samsung s7 and still be able to use android pay. I think it's because I already previously had my card added on my old non rooted device, so I would try giving that a go if possible.

>inb4 your installed maxthon browser plunders your bank account

>USING CREDIT
Jews scam. It only works with huge things like buying a house.

>what is a debit card

because you need to turn on screen and tap OK on your phone
if you use a payment method that automatically comfirms any transaction even if the phone is sleeping you deserve your money being siphoned off into the pockets of smarter people

no, you use it for anything and simply pay off the bill in full every month. the only time you dont pay off the bill and actually utilize credit is when buying things you dont pay for in cash, such as a house or vehicle

>Americans will defend mag strips over this

I have a contactless credit card and it's never worked any single time i've used it.

In fact they look at me like i'm an idiot.
>tap tap tap tap tap
>"uh sir, you have to insert it into the slot".

Absolutely nothing. I'd like a confirmation button (hardware even if may) to start the transaction.

my pants are too tight to be pickpocketed

Good luck getting robbed by a nigger and losing everything.

Underrated post

This is very true, and a lot of more people should do this, but trust me, 1% of the normies that use tap to pay actually use this type of protection.

Physical contact.

If you're getting your hands on a marchant terminal and are ready to go out and professionally steal money off of people, you'll have something like that sorted out way before hand. Like says, it's not that hard.

You don't need to with tap to pay cards. Tap to pay cards are a lot more commonly used than tap to pay through phone.

Pin codes and things like that were thought of for a reason. I genuinely feel stressed about tap to pay becoming a bigger thing.

m-muh metal card!!!!!

I don't have credit cards, I use debit.

>being poor

You retarded? Credit cards are the ones for poor people.

>2016
>Still relying on money
>Still having materialistic needs and wants
>Not transcending capitalism, materialism alltogether

I have to contort and flex my hand weird so you can kinda see this, but my point is that I see no reason for that "not to work."

Granted I'm not using them for payment, but I have a 13.56MHz NFC chip in my left and a 125kHz RFID in my right. They're fun af.

i want trannies to leave

but then who will be left for you to talk to?

And then waiting for them to give you the change.

Bank card + duck tape

Still faster unless the cashier's as retarded as you are.

the people who don't have mutilated penises

I've usually already payed before the cashier has said how much it is.

Sure you have

>a simple piece of tin foil near the card is enough to attenuate the signal

This is literally what I've done.

Not becasue I'm paranoid, but to stop my bank cards from interfering with my public transport card.
Works great.

Why are you doubting it?

Because it's much slower than cash or swiping a card.

Here's what really happens with your apple/android/google/whatever NFC payments.

>be at drive through window
>"hey i'd like to pay with credit card"
>ok
>"no, could you stick the card terminal out the window?"
>"umm i have to speak with my manager"
>wait
>wait more
>there's at least 10 cars behind me right now
>"ok, what do you want?"
>"i'd like to pay with my phone"
>"we don't do that here"
>"no it's ok, just press credit and I can tap with my phone"
>"we can't do that you're gonna have to pay inside"
>"also, you're holding up the line, could you park in the front, we can take your order from there"

So much more convenient than cash, right?

Sure, it's about 2 seconds from the time the machine shows the amount.

But I place my card on top before that, so I don't waste any reaction time.

Just order from your phone and use the referral code when you get there.

>This will killed tipping in Burgerland

FINALLY!

An enforced $15 minimum wage will kill tipping in Burgerland, because robots don't need tips.

>need to press a button to activate
>awkward arm move
>10 seconds just to pay
>you have two hands unavailable
>pin input takes same amount of time

you know that it'll take at least 20 seconds for average person
in europe this guy would be eaten alive

You know they can avoid that by tacking on an additional 15% "customary charge" to your order.

is that the gyaru slut?

>15% "customary charge" to your order.

Tipping is great for waitress because the store doesn't need to hassle with taxes.

>We actually raised the price to raised our workers salaries.

Do you know why tipping is bad and you just solved the problem?

>guy steals your watch
>bank account emptied moments later
Nice going, techbabs.

This. Nobody can get your money from your bank without your pin, and your bank has your back if it does happen.

i can't take this shit seriously when it comes to americans in this field.
Like, you guys still swipe your card instead of using the chip and complains about the carding in the US.
Here is CAN we use the chip and we even have taps and now we have applepay which is more secure than ever. you only get carding if you're an american visiting CAN or a special breed of moron.
to the user that says giving a 20 is faster, you're the special breed of moron. So you give a 20 to everything less than a 20 and then what? Wait for a min wage dropout to hand you your change where he calculates it with the help of a calculator in the cashier instead of his brain? Waiting for him to count the coins he has to grab from the drawer to give it to you? then what next? You taking it all and just shove it in your cargo shorts and walk around like a cow with those coins chiming in your man pants?
using debit / credit is significantly faster than using cash and using anything other than applepay is pure stupidity. You're letting the establishment know your card number for what purpose? at least applepay mask the numbers and keep it safe. Do you go online and put your card details everytime you purchase something online or do you just go through paypal for it? morons

>>reaching near your wallet to pay at the store
why are you buying goods at a store instead of buying them online and having them shipped to you?
that's so 20th century.

>nig steals your watch
>is no longer connected to your phone
nig still got your watch tho

wtf i love bernie sanders now

Cash isn't traceable. I bet you use facebook too laughinggirls.gif

I hope you're just baiting

>cash isn't tracible

cuck, do you even fiat money?

>bill x was withdraw from A's account
>bill x was deposited by B into their account
>B is a corporation
>A bought from B

>moneyfactory.gov/resources/serialnumbers.html

A gun.

Most car tires manufactured since 2004 have RFID chips embedded in the rubber.

>implying arbitrary symbols can only have one meaning
Nice

Of course I'm not

>NFC reader in a laptop bag on a crowded subway.

>not withdrawing large bills at the bank and breaking them without a transaction at some retailer then spending them elsewhere
It's like you're not even trying.

Oh wait, you're not.

what is the difference between nfc and rfid?