Should I ditch gaming for good?

I like to play some vidya here and there but I hate the fact that I have to dualboot do to this... so should I just abandon this old hobby of mine for the sake of productivity?

>hurr use wine

Wine is a piece of shit and it never works when I try to config it.

Games are for children. If you finally have grown up then it is time to abandon them for good.

You'll grow out of games, user, everyone (except for manchildren) does.

yeah, ditch that shit
here at Sup Forums, maki and traps are better than gaming anyways
learn c, become a good crossdresser programmer

Playing is a behavior observed in humans of all ages, that makes your claim incorrect.

Run Windows in a VM. I don't know the details, but I heard there are ways you can get graphics processing to work adequately enough to play video games.

Maki is a highly forced meme that's really testing my patience along with many other anons. Entire threads are getting derailed over maki.

Just play linux friendly games, like doom wads or minecraft/minetest

playing video games every now and then is no big deal. Identifying yourself as a "gamer" on the other hand, is not.
>bring girl over to friend's house
>first thing a gaymer friend says to her when I introduce them is "do you play league of legends?"
but really if you find that video games hinder productivity, you should probably work on your time management skills instead
something even worse than being a gamer is being an ugly "crossdressing" pseudo-programmer

You should ask yourself how good an OS with no software support really is if productivity is your aim

If you don't like maki you don't belong on g.

>Implying LoL is a game

I know you're just joking user, but there are anons who unironically think that and are impossible to ignore.

The last good game I played was DoD:Source and it works just fine on GNU/Linux.

>waifushit is okay
>Windows and vidya are not
>Sup Forums - "Technology"

>being an elitist over video games
you really should mosey on over to Sup Forums

Fuck off back to /r9k/ inbred mouthbreather

user, I think he was just joking and wasn't an actual delusional makifag.

Touhou works in Wine, what other games do you need

good ones

she's honestly the worst girl besides umi

>not programming in a koakuma suit
faggot

This, unironically. The "homo ludens" aspect of human life is undeniable, it's just some form of play are more stigmatized than others. It's quite obvious that a man feels better about himself if he fucks a woman (playing the game of sexual power) rather than playing video games.

i thought i was done with gaming but i kind of want to play the new deus ex game, i don't have a windows partition right now though. not sure if it's worth reinstalling it just for that game though

I have that one preordered. Looks promising.

>no software support
>productivity
>a fucking cat pic
really convincing paj

>productivity
What are you producing in your free time?

If you do, have something in mind to fill the void. Habits are hard to kill off.

Shit advice, both communities are autistic as fuck.

Doom sucks
minecraft is okay on the earlier updates

yes, believe me do it, work on something else, you'll feel better having results in real life, than a game. its cool to enjoy yourself, but its even better and beneficial if you did something else.

though you could just buy a console.

Most games worth bothering with run natively on Linux through a source port or official dev support

You should certainly get away from PC gaming, at the very least.

Get a Nintendo system and enjoy video games again.

>Get a Nintendo system
>enjoy video games again.

just play games on linux tf2 is on it and that's all you need.

Daily reminder that life is a game.

You're born, you learn the rules and lingo, fill in a role(even being a shitposter on Sup Forums is a societal role), and participate.

Hey guys I went outside today. It was definitely the best game I have ever played, the graphics were awesome and when I looked at the trees the leaves weren't flat. There was no lag. Suddenly I realized this was an MMO. I saw people walking around and driving vehicles. Nobody had weapons because the city levels don't allow weapons. Though some weapons were hidden around like a rock, stick or gun. This game was awesome, I might play tomorrow.

>Nintendo

What I did was just stop playing as many games. I don't fuck with wine or virtualbox or dual booting. I've got Steam installed on GNU/Linux. I play Minecraft every now and then as well. I fill the void of entertainment/time with more anime/reading.

pretty much why I felt cucked by gta v

>doom sucks
>minecraft is ok

Fucking underage, get out

what? ur taste is shit

reported

kys

>kys

It's even worse than I thought

Reasons why I have two computers. One is Windows Gaming (PC being treated as an console) and one is just GNU/Linux.
But if you don't have the money for another Stationary/Laptop, then try to save up for one if you still enjoy gaming but also like the GNU/Linux stuff too.

kys

I stopped a year ago. I now spend my free time exercising and reading books. Also I'm more outgoing and have had many friend and sexual partners since.

I'm overall a more healthier and happier person.

>exercising and reading books
Kill yourself.

Thanks, I've never thought about it that way before

Modern gaming isn't worth jack shit.

Butthurt NEETbeard

>I stopped a year ago. I now spend my free time exercising and reading books.
>Also I'm more outgoing and have had many friend and sexual partners since.
>I'm overall a more healthier and happier person.

This. Linux basically improves every area of your life.

Try ditching anime first. Does wonders for your sociability.

If you want to give up gaming why don't you buy a Mac instead of just using Linux? Linux is basically just a shittier Windows anyways.

Instead of ditching games, you should ditch Linux.

There's a reason why nobody uses that piece of shit OS.

>exercising and reading books

Faggot detected

>should I just abandon this old hobby of mine
Depends. If there aren't games out there that interest you then there is no need to bend over backwards to get them (or get them running).

>had many friend and sexual partners since
kill urself

Nothing wrong with gaming so long as you have other hobbies or whatever.

You can't be productive all the time, everyone needs to blow off steam in some way. If you can find some ways to play board games with however, that gives you a nice intermix of play and face to face social interaction.

yeah, adults play by partaking in adult hobbies like archery, rock climbing, mountain biking, playing in a band etc.

Children play Dota and CoD

One is productive, sociable and healthy both mentally and physically. The other, well, you get the picture

Only those that learn to bend the rules or outright break them and not get caught, are the true winners of the game called "life".

Nothing wrong in doing both. On weekdays i usually kill an evening playing vidya/tv/movies. On weekends i sometimes go for a bike ride or go to museums and play board games or D&D with my friends.

I also draw and bake.

People can have multiple interests, and frankly doing just one thing is pretty shallow.

This to be honest.

I still uphold my NEET behavior and lifestyle, but dropping games allowed me to improve my life in other areas.
I've lost weight, talk more often with my family, and spend my free time reading or fucking off with my dads old tools. I built a desk that outshines my old IKEA shit in every way. I actually learned a useful fucking skill in the real world.

What about your anime collection?