>tfw only bought 5000 stocks of amd back when they were only $1.90

Amd starting with mid level and releasing flagship later really is worth it

480 ftw

Zen will only make me richer

Also general tech company discussion thread

Other urls found in this thread:

tangerine.ca/en/investing/investment-funds/investment-fund/index.html),
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not talking business, talking tech business.

Moot himself was always clear in that he would allow any threads up to 1 degree of separation

And if the an hiro mods want to uphold the spirit of Sup Forums they'll let this thread live

>bought 5000 stocks of amd back when they were only $1.90

why didn't I do this

I came on here and made multiple threads about it before I bought and everyone was saying shit like "it'll just keep dropping!"

I went with my sound reasoning instead of the shit posting and now I'm happy

Started with 20k in a vanguard s&p 500 tracker and now I have 10k in the vanguard stagnating while I have nearly $40k in amd stock

I'll wait until the release of zen then decide if I should hold more or sell

I feel like I should take advantage of the stock market as I'm a scummy guy that would like to make easy money, but it seems too hard. How do you get people to buy your stocks for example? Do you have to go shill on forums to get people to buy them or what?

I have never bought stocks so wouldn't know where to begin. I just figured at the time: there's no chance AMD were out of the game, they had new hardware on the horizon, therefore, they only could get marginally more valuable.

No, you wait

Get a good online stock broking company (I use the capital one broker but I've had that account since it went under the name "share holder")
Buy stocks that you know can only go up (if a company goes under the buyout normally is a huge boost) and sell once you make enough of a profit to consider it worthwhile

>if a company goes under the buyout normally is a huge boost

Ok, I'm a stock/investing noob - what does this mean?

So if a company has enough assets (useful factories and major patents like amd's factories and x86-64 ) if it starts going under another company usually will try hard to buy them out

Generally a buyout involves the buying company purchasing every stock of the company

Since the company can't sell the shareholders stocks by true force they need to put a price per stock that would reflect a massive buyout

So take this

Company A is doing poorly for many years but hasn't sold its assets

This means company B likely start looking at buying company A

Bidding war takes place between company B and C

Rumors surface that companies are looking at buying company A

Suddenly everyone wants a piece of the pie and stocks jump while people buy pieces of company A. Price of company A stock goes from $1/ stock to $5/stock

(Greater demand for a stock the higher it sells for)

When a company finally bids successfully they will not only pay the execs and strike our terms, but they will also buy all remaining stocks by force at an even higher price than what the stock currently is, or sometimes at current market value

Which means everyone with stock gets as much as 5x that original $1

Sometimes higher

Basically a failing company (with assets) will be a big boost

If no assets, they will file for bankruptcy and you lose

Take Motorola, they reached rock bottom at $12/stock in 2009

Then in Jan 2011 it got purchased at $39/stock

Thanks for your post user. I have learned something tonight.

>tfw user doesn't actually own ADM shares, because he called shares in a company stocks

Must be nice to have $9,500 to gamble with in the kike market.

Don't know what ADM is but the STOCKS I own in AMD mean I own a set share of the company

Semantic arguments don't mean shit

I got my money through saving

>just when you thought AMD could win one time
kek nope. fuck i am glad i got the gtx 1070

Do you not know how to math?

$1.90 to $7.62 is a 4 fold gain

In the last year nvidia has only gained 3 fold

Amd treats me way greater

>AMD fags getting this desperate

aah feels good m8. green team ftw

Ah so you're a shill

Dude, have you held them this whole time?

Even without dividends, or whatnot, you've gone from 9500 -> 38000$. That's insane!

I keep telling myself to either invest in some stocks, or some Investment Funds (specifically these tangerine.ca/en/investing/investment-funds/investment-fund/index.html), but I keep feeling like I'll get jewed out of my money, especially with stocks.

Also literally kicking myself for not investing in Nintendo when I was younger.
>Dad suggests I invest in something
>"NINTENDO!!!!!"
>"Maybe get something like a utility".

This was maybe 2004/05, year or so before the Wii. Then look what happened...

I'm pleased, but at the same time, the Bull hype train is something I've always found distasteful.

I would much rather see good quarterly numbers resulting in a brief but sustained increase. That is, I would rather see strong numbers rewarded than rampant speculation based on somewhat nebulous future performance.

no u. enjoy your indian shit tier graphics card.

Jelly in this thread... good gains. Have you sold any?

Not yet, but I have an auto sell order in for a $10 price target. If it looks like it's going to take a dive before that, I'll dump it immediately.

I don't even fucking have a dedicated graphics card

I'm talking about the stocks

admit that Nvidia is superior, then you will not be as much of a faggot

lol who the fuck actually saves all these pictures, kill your self

Very nice, I wish I had invested more initially

Just go for it

Start small with some petty cash and use gains to fuel more gains

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ONLY IF I HAD LISTENED

Paid shills do

>Not putting all your spare money in the S&P 500

DELETE

ok AMD shill

Always rated them, would have bought in but lolnomoney same deal with bitcoin.

>Very nice, I wish I had invested more initially

That's really all I have though. I don't invest individually in much. The only other stock I have is F5 Networks, because I work there. I get restricted stock unit grants dumped on me every year as a bonus, plus I contribute the maximum toward the stock purchase plan. I probably make 60k/yr above my base salary in pure stock, but it's nothing compared to folks that seriously play the game.

Yeah, I know how it is

I do most of my trading on my lunch break, if I had a couple free hours of trade time a day I would do much better

i was going to buy in april but i let myself get talked out of it. lesson learned: never let faggots who know less than you about something try and give you business advice

>stock markets are a good indicator of the state of a company.

good goy

I'd sell now IMO

You're making over 3x profit why not cash out