Thinking about getting SLI 480 Nitro+ (8GB+8GB) to replace my dusty SSC 970...

Thinking about getting SLI 480 Nitro+ (8GB+8GB) to replace my dusty SSC 970 . Not sure if my bronze PSU 650W can handle it tho. Can /g help a fellow out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s_Fw3_HcciU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

With 650 you should be fine, I would recommend a 750 tho.

>SLI
>AMD
m8

there is a good reason why i chose amd, don't hate.

It should be fine unless you're running a CPU that has a huge requirement or a drive array.

But you mean crossfire senpai

> (OP)
>SLI
>AMD
m8

Plug directly into a nuclear reactor and you're good to go. Also xf/sli in 2016 is a terrible idea, if anything devs and card manufacturers drop it and it will take years before games start fully implementing DX 12 features like multi GPU rendering.

He's getting at SLI is a NVIDIA technology.

AMD uses CrossFire.

Why not just get a 1070/80

take it from someone who runs crossfire sapphire 290x tri x's, multiple gpus are never worth it for gaming applications. they cause too many headaches and you'll spend more time trying to get your damn shit to work right instead of actually getting anything accomplished.

SLI isn't terrible if you want the best picture quality. I'm not sure about AMD's backyard, but SLI has many modes, one of which is SLIAA which doesn't require developer support.

So basically, you have a 1080 that can rape any game thrown at it as a single card. You're a richfag and want to just totally have the absolute best antialiasing, you pop in another card and enable SLIAA.

FFS just answer the guy's question and move on. It's his money and time and if he thinks xfire is a mistake down the road then so be it. You aren't going to change his mind.

Here
youtube.com/watch?v=s_Fw3_HcciU
Now you can stop being 10.

Fucking hell hes annoying.
This one time at band camp....

Honestly most of Sup Forums has no clue about this. We'll just throw a 1000w psu in on an i5 build.

And the calcs seem to be a bit under what I'd deem appropriate. Corsair recommended a 350w psu for my 8350 OC build.
So I just got a 650 instead.

Just use a calc and add 150-200w ontop for peak loading and wear and tear.

Ive ran sli for years with only small hitches. Crossfire on the other hand is a death sentence, really amd in general.

>I've had only nVida for years
>Now let me tell you why AMD is bad.

That's because AMD insists on using the already congested PCIE bus for inter-card communications while NVIDIA sticks with the tried and true dedicated bridge.

The bridge really helps on mainstream motherboards where SLI/CF will force the lane width to x8/x8.

Not to mention AMD's notorious driver overhead.

I've dealt with amd autist. I've made the mistake of buying amd, regretting it, and luckily sending it back for nvidia.

The opposite is the case- back when AMD used a bridge it was awful. Now that they use the PCIE bus there's less problems.
However, crossfire and SLI are both crap.
It's a bad idea that nvidia implements better.

>much better

I personally never had an issue forcing sli in any games. Never had issues with heat or fans being too loud. Only reason I went from 980 sli to a 1080 was I needed the extra vram.

>I personally never had an issue forcing sli in any games. Never had issues with heat or fans being too loud. Only reason I went from 980 sli to a 1080 was I needed the extra vram.
My 980s in SLI refuse to play Doom 4. I get like 10 FPS with SLI enabled at 4k.

Yes it can handle it assuming it's not a low quality old PSU and the label on it isn't fake.
Crossfire/SLI is a shit idea though. At least until games start supporting DX12 multi-adapter.

Try "force alternate frame rendering 2" ?

Never played doom

>2 amd's gpu
enjoy your stuttering

stop shilling and go back to Sup Forums

Said no one ever.

>/reddit/ humor

Reddit actually loves AMD and the only place I saw that phrase is here.

Crossfire a couple of 1070 instead.

>everything i dont like is reddit

the best 480 is the MSI, avoid sapphire this gen

I thought the sapphire nitro+ was supposed to be good? It get's shilled a lot here.

Everything that gets shilled to dead here is a most likely a troll or scam easy as that same gors for anti shilling aka this product is shit cus xy. Always apply reverse logic here

He is right, reddit loves AMD you can't talk shit about AMD without a horde of ban boys down voting you.

Somehow they believe AMD is the savior of PC gaming because they are embracing open sores even though commercial games are NOT open source making the point completely moot.

sapphire's 200 and 300 sereis were amazing, now they have one of the worst coolers around, specially on the VRM)

AMD drivers on Linux were just so shitty that AMD opted to drop support entirely and go with the open source ones the community made.

They drivers still suck.

>he
you mean you

Learn to spot new posters you fucking newfag, it has been part of the Sup Forums API for years now.

autism the post

All you are accomplishing is embarrassing yourself.

You have no excuses, retard.

It can
480 is not that good, especially at the price range of aftermarket coolers
Sapphire dropped the ball with Nitro
Crossfire is shit. even worse than SLI, and SLI is godawful.

>480 is not that good
shill

>2014 performance in 2016
>Good

This is like the people who buy the 270 or the 280 and the HD7000 rebrands in general.

>Not sure if my bronze PSU 650W can handle it tho. Can /g help a fellow out?
I have two 115 W TDP CPUs, a 145 W TDP GPU, two SSDs, 6 7200 rpm hard drives, 3 hard drive controllers, 2 adapter cards, 9 140mm fans and a 32" screen plugged into a 540W UPS outlet

It barely reaches 80% under full load

>650w
>AMD crossfire

You'll need one of these OP
A 145kw power supply

you need a 145kw power supply to run the fans to keep nvidia cards cool

Where is my explicit hetero multi adapter fampai?

its a midrange card you stupid nigger of course flagship 2014 performance becomes midrange in 2016, you fucking stupid mongoloid

backplates are cancer.

and ur a fag

>implying this is your personal tech support page
>implying this is your personal tech product page
fuck off. shitty shill threads need more spam

you have aspergers

for $200 when you have been able to get GTX970 for $240 for almost 1 year.

more like a 980 shill

>Anything more than one card
>AMD
Good luck.